U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-07-2009, 09:40 PM

2,059 posts, read 3,651,960 times

Advertisements

i saw three nice big healthy deer today.all were around the 200lb mark.
and them things were movin atleast 70.they were on the back of some pickup trucks headed south.
lucky bas!@#$%
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-08-2009, 07:36 AM

8,760 posts, read 16,150,350 times
I missed a doe yesterday morning with a long shot using buckshot. She was just too far away and it spread too much. That's what I get for hunting with a rifle for 10 years and going back to a shotgun for a day. Yesterday afternoon my buddy got a button buck in the same place. It was not a big deer but it will be real good eating. There are a lot of deer in this place but I don't like the shotgun only aspect of it.

Old 11-08-2009, 07:55 AM

2,052 posts, read 3,984,517 times
Sabot slugs!

Old 11-08-2009, 08:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmyankee View Post
Sabot slugs!
Yeah I'll have to go get some of those and try shooting a few before I go back in there. I had some regular slugs but the cover called for the buckshot. I like a scope and I'm not going to rig one up on this shotgun. I may have to break down next year and buy a new slug gun with a scope for next season. More and more towns down this way have gone to shotgun only for hunting if they even allow it at all.

Old 11-08-2009, 05:22 PM

We cut up my friends little buck today. Man is that thing ever tender and good! Just like veal! Naturally we had the frying pan going with the mushrooms, onions, and peppers. It won't fill the freezer but I'd just as soon have a few more that tasted like that!

Last edited by Maineah; 11-08-2009 at 06:40 PM..

Old 11-08-2009, 05:50 PM

2,059 posts, read 3,651,960 times
look whats up at my seat and the darker one is between the house and the barn.
Attached Thumbnails
Deer season update.-2009_1108miscpics0047.jpg   Deer season update.-2009_1108miscpics0109.jpg  

Old 11-08-2009, 07:47 PM

722 posts, read 1,315,554 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maineah View Post
We cut up my friends little buck today. Man is that thing ever tender and good! Just like veal! Naturally we had the frying pan going with the mushrooms, onions, and peppers. It won't fill the freezer but I'd just as soon have a few more that tasted like that!
mmmmmmmmmm (Please excuse the drool)

Old 11-09-2009, 06:42 AM

2,052 posts, read 3,984,517 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maineah View Post
Yeah I'll have to go get some of those and try shooting a few before I go back in there. I had some regular slugs but the cover called for the buckshot. I like a scope and I'm not going to rig one up on this shotgun. I may have to break down next year and buy a new slug gun with a scope for next season. More and more towns down this way have gone to shotgun only for hunting if they even allow it at all.
I've got a slug barrel for the Mossberg with a Red Dot scope. Awesome brush gun!

Old 11-09-2009, 04:02 PM

5,974 posts, read 11,165,965 times
Out for three hours today, saw nothing.

This is a true story.

Last Thursday I got settled into the blind and picked up the binocs to scan the tree line when I got a text message from an old customer outside Washington, DC. "What are you doing?" I replied "sitting in a stand waiting for a buck." Later that night I got another text.

How was work? Did you make a buck? Talk to you soon.

I replied to say this must have been misaddressed. She replied, You were in a kiosk all afternoon trying to make a buck!!!

There's a big difference in thinking between a woman in a stand in Maine and a woman in an office just outside Washington, DC. I haven't explained any of this to her yet.

Old 11-10-2009, 08:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maine Writer View Post
Out for three hours today, saw nothing.

This is a true story.

Last Thursday I got settled into the blind and picked up the binocs to scan the tree line when I got a text message from an old customer outside Washington, DC. "What are you doing?" I replied "sitting in a stand waiting for a buck." Later that night I got another text.

How was work? Did you make a buck? Talk to you soon.

I replied to say this must have been misaddressed. She replied, You were in a kiosk all afternoon trying to make a buck!!!

There's a big difference in thinking between a woman in a stand in Maine and a woman in an office just outside Washington, DC. I haven't explained any of this to her yet.
That's really funny. The different mindsets are amazing. Last day of domestic stuff for the week today then I should have the next four days to hunt. I saw a couple of does sneaking around the barn last night so they're finally coming in.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine