U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-04-2009, 01:57 PM

1,403 posts, read 3,059,837 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maineah View Post
Not me I'm very happy!
No doubt you are happy, you have your civil rights.

Old 11-04-2009, 02:00 PM

177 posts, read 354,355 times
Quote:
I know how you feel I was ashamed when Maine voted for Obama! Come on.....do you really think it's now open season on Gays???? Perhaps a bit of an over reaction maybe??? IT WAS NOT AN ANTI-GAY VOTE.... it was a wake up call for the legislature!!!
I completely disagree. I just don't believe that the people voting 'Yes' on 1 were reacting to legislature "shoving gay marriage down our throats". No. Any vote that suppresses equality for <insert minority group> is an anti-<insert same minority group> vote. They were reacting to the fear mongering commercials that the 'Yes on 1' group put on TV: "don't let those crazy gays teach our kids to grow up being gay!" Ridiculous. Shameful. How the @#$! does 2 people, regardless of gender, getting married affect anyone but those 2 people!??! And this 'protection of the institution of marriage crap' is insanity - divorce rate is over 50%!!!

Old 11-04-2009, 02:15 PM

11,435 posts, read 15,999,056 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rossco17 View Post
I completely disagree. I just don't believe that the people voting 'Yes' on 1 were reacting to legislature "shoving gay marriage down our throats". No. Any vote that suppresses equality for <insert minority group> is an anti-<insert same minority group> vote. They were reacting to the fear mongering commercials that the 'Yes on 1' group put on TV: "don't let those crazy gays teach our kids to grow up being gay!" Ridiculous. Shameful. How the @#$! does 2 people, regardless of gender, getting married affect anyone but those 2 people!??! And this 'protection of the institution of marriage crap' is insanity - divorce rate is over 50%!!!
It's good that you were among the 47% that saw through those ads. If they're anything like the ones that they showed in Calif, I'm sure that they were deceptive and appealed to the basest fears of mainers.

Old 11-04-2009, 02:21 PM

8,760 posts, read 16,145,350 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rossco17 View Post
I guess we'll never know now!

Old 11-04-2009, 02:24 PM

Quote:
I guess we'll never know now!
Until next time, when we go through the same process again....that's the beauty of democracy!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Sooner or later your majority is going to be a minority...can't stop the world from moving on. Heck, we came pretty close this time around...I wouldn't call 53% a landslide...

Old 11-04-2009, 02:36 PM

8,760 posts, read 16,145,350 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by broadbill View Post
Until next time, when we go through the same process again....that's the beauty of democracy!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Sooner or later your majority is going to be a minority...can't stop the world from moving on. Heck, we came pretty close this time around...I wouldn't call 53% a landslide...
Yes and we came pretty close to defeating Obama too! Just wait 'till next time. Conservatives will rise up!

Old 11-04-2009, 02:38 PM

294 posts, read 655,077 times
Quote:
Don't worry, nobody is going to take way gays' rights to engage in disgusting acts and die twenty years younger than they should. All is well.

Old 11-04-2009, 02:43 PM

124 posts, read 139,249 times
Quote:

Everyone in Maine has the same rights. You have the right to marry someone of the opposite sex.

Old 11-04-2009, 02:46 PM

Quote:
Yes and we came pretty close to defeating Obama too! Just wait 'till next time. Conservatives will rise up!
You now what the beautiful thing about Conservatives are? They get old and die. They are then replaced by the next generation who call themselves conservative, but are a tiny bit more progressive/liberal than the last generation. Even the conservatives can't stop change from happening!

When you think about it, there isn't really such thing as a conservative, we are all progressives, we just progress at different rates.

Old 11-04-2009, 02:47 PM

5,974 posts, read 11,161,799 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DONNIEANDDONNA417 View Post
What do you guys think of this?
What on earth made you think it was alright to start a thread on a topic that's been locked in the past?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine
View detailed profiles of:
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or