Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-05-2008, 07:58 PM

307 posts, read 1,589,551 times

Advertisements

Hello all,
We are looking for metal cabinets to keep things mouse proof over the winter. They snap tightly shut. The ones we have are about waist high, about two feet wide, one foot deep. They are rusting out on the bottom and we'd really love to replace them. Honestly any size would be great.

Does any one know if they are still sold? Anyone know of a good place that would have them used? We'll take what ever we can. We are in the Sebago Lake Region.

Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-05-2008, 08:57 PM

1,122 posts, read 4,109,520 times
I don't know about new ones... but you might get lucky at a used furniture ('antique') shop or yard sale. The best places I knew of --- don't know if they're still open, you'd have to double-check ----
- 1 shop near corner of 114 and 35, on the 114 south side
- bunches of places between Cornish, Baldwin, Kezar Falls, Parsonsfield, etc.

Old 07-05-2008, 10:44 PM

Location: :0)1 CORINTHIANS,13*"KYRIE, ELEISON"*"CHRISTE ELEISON"
3,078 posts, read 6,198,331 times
Talking Hello MOXIE!!! Thank you!

Great thread MOXIE! THANK YOU!

Does anyone else know HOW to get rid of them permanently?

And what to do to AVOID them to begin with......

Take care everyone!

Have a GREAT weekend!

Countrylv22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moxie View Post
Hello all,
We are looking for metal cabinets to keep things mouse proof over the winter. They snap tightly shut. The ones we have are about waist high, about two feet wide, one foot deep. They are rusting out on the bottom and we'd really love to replace them. Honestly any size would be great.

Does any one know if they are still sold? Anyone know of a good place that would have them used? We'll take what ever we can. We are in the Sebago Lake Region.

Thanks!

Last edited by countrylv22; 07-05-2008 at 10:45 PM.. Reason: SMILE & WE WILL SMILE WITH YOU! :0):0):0) ATTITUDE IN LIFE IS KEY! :0):0)

Old 07-06-2008, 07:24 AM

2,712 posts, read 5,654,554 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by countrylv22 View Post

Take care everyone!

Have a GREAT weekend!

Countrylv22
Cats work well... but of course then you would have to stay around over the winter to feed them some...

Last edited by starwalker; 07-06-2008 at 07:25 AM.. Reason: keep the spca off my neck

Old 07-06-2008, 07:54 AM

2,059 posts, read 4,203,168 times
they dont make the metal cab's any more they havent for years.but craftsman has a larg asortment of wall cab's and benches that look realy nice and would be a good fit for ya.

Old 07-06-2008, 08:34 AM

Default Mice (chipmunks too) are a fact of life

Can't blame the mice for being cold and hungry in the winter. We just bundle up stuff the best we can and hope they don't get to it. Any other suggestions out there are welcome! We use big plastic tubs for bedding, etc. which they sometimes get into. The metal cabinets were the best and I don't know why they don't make them anymore. We keep candles, napkins all kinds of yummy mice food and bedding in them.

Thanks for the second hand suggestions Boomerang. We'll take a drive and hope for the best.

Quote:
Originally Posted by countrylv22 View Post

Take care everyone!

Have a GREAT weekend!

Countrylv22

Old 07-06-2008, 08:52 AM

10,428 posts, read 18,684,164 times
We have the old Sears cabinets from the 1950s in our pantry. They are original and mouse-proof. I have seen them from time to time in second hand shops.

Old 07-06-2008, 09:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Northern Maine Land Man View Post
We have the old Sears cabinets from the 1950s in our pantry. They are original and mouse-proof. I have seen them from time to time in second hand shops.
those sears cabinets are the best.i have a set of the new one's and i like them.i allso bought a small over head one its 24'' long 12'' deep and 16'' high .for the camper its nice becouse it has a lock on it.so when we get where we are going all our stuff is where it belong's.

Old 07-06-2008, 09:58 AM

Default do you have a link?

Quote:
Originally Posted by RANGER.101ST View Post
those sears cabinets are the best.i have a set of the new one's and i like them.i allso bought a small over head one its 24'' long 12'' deep and 16'' high .for the camper its nice becouse it has a lock on it.so when we get where we are going all our stuff is where it belong's.

Hey ranger, do you have a link to what you have purchased new you could DM me?

the ones we have are freestanding and just sit on the floor as we have original open shelving. I'd love to redo the kitchen eventually and maybe metal sears are the way to go if we can get them for the whole place.
Thanks

Last edited by Moxie; 07-06-2008 at 10:01 AM.. Reason: addition

Old 07-06-2008, 10:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moxie View Post
Hey ranger, do you have a link to what you have purchased new you could DM me?

the ones we have are freestanding and just sit on the floor as we have original open shelving. I'd love to redo the kitchen eventually and maybe metal sears are the way to go if we can get them for the whole place.
Thanks
go to sears.com click on tools then click on garage cabinets and combows
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine