U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-21-2011, 08:37 PM

7 posts, read 3,867 times

Advertisements

Is this "code" going to be law? Is it going to be enforced? I am on my way to Maine and want to build a cabin that is very efficient but by using a design that is not full of fluffy moisture trapping "insulation". Will this be allowed?

Best,
Leiif

Old 03-21-2011, 08:48 PM

21,878 posts, read 28,700,485 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leiif View Post
Is this "code" going to be law? Is it going to be enforced? I am on my way to Maine and want to build a cabin that is very efficient but by using a design that is not full of fluffy moisture trapping "insulation". Will this be allowed?

Best,
Leiif
This 'code' is Federal. It is happening nation-wide. It was a part of the U.N.'s agenda-21. The USA being subservient to the UN was mandated to comply with it.

Every structure, every where with special attention that there shall be no exceptions, must all be 'proven' to be energy efficient.

Tested, fixed and tested again to ensure that they all conform.

This even includes centuries old stone structures like revolutionary war forts with no heat. It was worded in such a manner to be draconian on purpose, to force everyone to lessen their 'carbon footprint'.

One of the many facets of trying to get this done, is no body has any idea how to do it.

Old 03-21-2011, 08:57 PM

6,303 posts, read 8,162,279 times
There is legislation to make this code a suggestion. It would be voluntary on the part of the homeowner. The legislation is pending. We'll know by June.

Old 03-21-2011, 09:07 PM

Do the states have a say in this? If someone has a pre-existing structure will it be grandfathered in?

Old 03-21-2011, 09:10 PM

Another question? I was lurking and searching the Maine threads some time back and someone mentioned acquiring land by paying the unpaid taxes and clearing any liens by buying out the lien-holder for a reduced rate. I can not find that thread any longer. Does anyone have any knowledge about that process?

Best,
Leiif

edit: I will check back tomorrow, have a good night

Old 03-22-2011, 01:39 AM

424 posts, read 335,379 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by forest beekeeper View Post
This 'code' is Federal. It is happening nation-wide. It was a part of the U.N.'s agenda-21. The USA being subservient to the UN was mandated to comply with it.

Every structure, every where with special attention that there shall be no exceptions, must all be 'proven' to be energy efficient.

Tested, fixed and tested again to ensure that they all conform.

This even includes centuries old stone structures like revolutionary war forts with no heat. It was worded in such a manner to be draconian on purpose, to force everyone to lessen their 'carbon footprint'.

One of the many facets of trying to get this done, is no body has any idea how to do it.
That would be interesting to see the UN and governments enforce.... in the vast shack slums of Mexico City, or along The Ivory Coast, or in Bangladesh....or anywhere else billions of people on this planet live in cardboard, sheet metal, or other improvised shacks and huts. There but for the grace of G-d go I.

My guess is that they won't bother those places........No, they'll just harass those in the developed world....I guess that means us.

I better leave this thread alone now before I say something that really gets me in trouble.

Old 03-22-2011, 07:50 AM

2,052 posts, read 2,894,046 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beltrams View Post
That would be interesting to see the UN and governments enforce.... in the vast shack slums of Mexico City, or along The Ivory Coast, or in Bangladesh....or anywhere else billions of people on this planet live in cardboard, sheet metal, or other improvised shacks and huts. There but for the grace of G-d go I.

My guess is that they won't bother those places........No, they'll just harass those in the developed world....I guess that means us.

I better leave this thread alone now before I say something that really gets me in trouble.
Just like Kyoto, it is really aimed at US!

Old 03-22-2011, 08:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by beltrams View Post

Does anyone have a link to info on this "law" and the one about making it a "suggestion"?

Also, does anyone know how to find out about my previous question?

As I am not a regular contributor, should I start a new thread? Or does someone know a better way to try and find the old thread about tax lien purchases in Maine?

Thanks for the input thus far,
Leiif

Old 03-22-2011, 08:39 AM

424 posts, read 335,379 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leiif View Post
Does anyone have a link to info on this "law" and the one about making it a "suggestion"?

Also, does anyone know how to find out about my previous question?

As I am not a regular contributor, should I start a new thread? Or does someone know a better way to try and find the old thread about tax lien purchases in Maine?

Thanks for the input thus far,
Leiif

Sorry Leiif, some of us, me especially, kind of hijacked your discussion.

I have to leave for work, but I found this on Agenda 21: Agenda 21 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia There's a bunch more to be had simply by Goggling "Agenda 21". The debate is as to how much the federal government is actually implementing this. As for me, I see the connection, but I'll leave others to their opinions.

As for tax lien sales, perhaps others have information. In any case, I'll see what I can dig up later today.

Best,

Old 03-22-2011, 09:06 AM

Thanks beltrams
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine