Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-06-2009, 08:09 AM

2,712 posts, read 5,654,554 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Northern Maine Land Man View Post
Well said.
yes, indeed. For me, I think I just got 4.75 inches of the best winter holiday decoration there could be... it just fell, magically, overnight!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-06-2009, 11:02 AM

722 posts, read 1,511,630 times
Well sounds like everyone is alot farther along than I am so I better get on the Christmas bus and get some decorations going up today

Old 12-06-2009, 04:45 PM

3,638 posts, read 6,168,748 times
I've got the outside done, but the inside decorations still lie stacked up on the floor. The snow added to the intensity of the lights.

Tomorrow we will get the tree, and finish up. Wow. There aren't many more days when you think about it are there?

Old 12-06-2009, 07:11 PM

1,180 posts, read 2,490,851 times
One of my neighbors where I used to live, put up an AMAZING HUGE almost 10 acre display. Everybody loved it until the neighbors complained about all the traffic. The police put up no parking signs up and down the whole street, and that was the end of that.

Old 12-06-2009, 07:59 PM

722 posts, read 1,511,630 times
Well, we got the tree up and done, now for the outside, I could not do it today, it was brutal -5 wind chill today so about 19 out but the 30 to 40 mph gusts were not workin for me. I know I need to man up and just do it.

Old 12-06-2009, 08:06 PM

8,767 posts, read 18,669,478 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by maine4.us View Post
One of my neighbors where I used to live, put up an AMAZING HUGE almost 10 acre display. Everybody loved it until the neighbors complained about all the traffic. The police put up no parking signs up and down the whole street, and that was the end of that.
There is a house near us that goes a little nutty with the lights. There is no rhyme nor reason to their decorating theme. It looks like they loaded strings of lights into a cannon and shot them into the trees and over the top of their house. Every bush, tree and old car in the yard is covered with lights. Blinking ones ,chasing ones, colors, white you name it and it's in that yard somewhere. It's a mess.

Old 12-06-2009, 08:11 PM

We did the front of the house and the two front dormers with little white lights. We also did the rails around the deck and side entry. We also have candles in the windows. That's probably all we're going to do.
I have to go get a tree sometime. I may wait until my son gets home from school on the 15th. Just not feeling it this year!?...

Old 12-07-2009, 11:42 AM

1,064 posts, read 2,033,233 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maineah View Post
Someone mentioned Christmas Decorating in the white meat or dark meat thread. It IS the season after all! We used to go all out and put miniature lights around the whole house, garage and barn. It looked real nice and we got a lot of compliments about it. A family member told me it looked tacky one year and that was it. I haven't done it since. We now just put candles in the windows and maybe some small lights in our little apple trees. I also decorate a small pine tree about 150 yards from the house in the middle of the field.(lots of extension cords!) It's nice to see that little tree so far away from the house all lit up. Do you go all out or do you do the minimum?
I ran across this today, and remembered your post ("BEST EVER CHRISTMAS DECORATIONS"): The Conspiracy to Keep You Poor and Stupid

Old 12-07-2009, 12:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OutDoorNut View Post
I ran across this today, and remembered your post ("BEST EVER CHRISTMAS DECORATIONS"): The Conspiracy to Keep You Poor and Stupid
Someone else sent me that picture too. That is too funny. I bet it caused quite a panic for some folks. I love a good prank!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine