Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-01-2009, 02:23 PM

8,767 posts, read 18,669,478 times

Advertisements

Yay!

My favorite Maine seafood! I love those delicious little Gulf of Maine shrimp!
They are excellent steamed, fried, (my favorite...beer batter yum!) stir fried, bisques, soups, salads, casseroles, newburghs, or a hundred other ways. New England fishermen landed some 5 million pounds of these tasty little crustaceans in 2008, 90% of them in Maine waters. They expect this year to be even better.
Buy 'em up! Peel them and freeze them, they freeze great! Or buy them all picked out. They should be quite reasonable in a couple of weeks! Our next Amvets dinner will be fried shrimp and I can't wait!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-01-2009, 03:20 PM

1,816 posts, read 3,391,174 times
I had a dog once named EBI. She was very tiny like a shrimp. I love japanese sushi too.

Oh, and I love shrimp. Thanks for the heads up.

Old 12-01-2009, 04:44 PM

2,788 posts, read 8,014,438 times
Well, you know what Bubba Buford Blue says about shrimp... " you can do anything with shrimp..."

Old 12-01-2009, 05:17 PM

513 posts, read 1,223,678 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maineah View Post
Yay!

My favorite Maine seafood! I love those delicious little Gulf of Maine shrimp!
They are excellent steamed, fried, (my favorite...beer batter yum!) stir fried, bisques, soups, salads, casseroles, newburghs, or a hundred other ways. New England fishermen landed some 5 million pounds of these tasty little crustaceans in 2008, 90% of them in Maine waters. They expect this year to be even better.
Buy 'em up! Peel them and freeze them, they freeze great! Or buy them all picked out. They should be quite reasonable in a couple of weeks! Our next Amvets dinner will be fried shrimp and I can't wait!
Funny that you should mention this, I was just reading a couple of weeks ago about the unique, small pink shrimp that are harvested in Maine. Everyone always talks about the lobsters and I was curious if Maine had shrimp to go along with them, so I Googled it.

I guess if you're brave enough to stick around for the nasty Winter, then you deserve the delicious shrimp...

Old 12-01-2009, 06:03 PM

3,231 posts, read 7,464,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreamy46 View Post
I guess if you're brave enough to stick around for the nasty Winter, then you deserve the delicious shrimp...
Hi Dreamy,
I let go of bravery 3 yrs ago, I still get more than my fair share of fresh Maine shrimp though. There's a snowbird guy from Portland, Maine that has a Maine seafood place right here on Placida Rd.
He's only here from Oct - May. He's right in Portland selling seafood the rest of the year. Good gig.
Maine shrimp are much better than any local shrimp found in the warm waters down here.

Old 12-01-2009, 07:33 PM

1,963 posts, read 4,753,404 times
I love the tasty, tiny Maine shrimp.
So glad that Hannaford sells them frozen year round!
Enjoy Maineah...I do envy you drowning in shrimp for the next few
months.

Old 12-01-2009, 07:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by island mermaid View Post
Hi Dreamy,
I let go of bravery 3 yrs ago, I still get more than my fair share of fresh Maine shrimp though. There's a snowbird guy from Portland, Maine that has a Maine seafood place right here on Placida Rd.
He's only here from Oct - May. He's right in Portland selling seafood the rest of the year. Good gig.
Maine shrimp are much better than any local shrimp found in the warm waters down here.
Hi back,

Judging by your location coordinates, I am ssssooooooooo jealous. I'm guessing that you are already living the dream that I hope to turn into reality next year, which is spending Summers in Maine and Winters in Florida.

Call me a weenie, but I have no desire to do the cold thing any longer. I'm not into Winter activities such as skiing etc., so to me sitting around in the cold waiting on Summer is like wasting your days. And, life is too short to waste them...

Old 12-01-2009, 08:01 PM

8,767 posts, read 18,669,478 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moughie View Post
I love the tasty, tiny Maine shrimp.
So glad that Hannaford sells them frozen year round!
Enjoy Maineah...I do envy you drowning in shrimp for the next few
months.
I Really want some now. I'm going to see if they're selling them in Brunswick on Thursday. They MUST be out fishing for them as it's nice weather. I pick them out myself until I get sick of doing it then I buy them picked out. I'm going to fill the freezer with them this winter!. No deer, I have to fill it with something....

Old 12-01-2009, 08:43 PM

3,638 posts, read 6,168,748 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreamy46 View Post
Hi back,

Judging by your location coordinates, I am ssssooooooooo jealous. I'm guessing that you are already living the dream that I hope to turn into reality next year, which is spending Summers in Maine and Winters in Florida.

Call me a weenie, but I have no desire to do the cold thing any longer. I'm not into Winter activities such as skiing etc., so to me sitting around in the cold waiting on Summer is like wasting your days. And, life is too short to waste them...

Weenie-schmeenie...I call you smart

I love shrimp in pretty much anything. Nicki's Diner in Bangor makes a mean vegetable stir-fry, and I always have them add shrimp.

Old 12-01-2009, 09:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by reloop View Post
Weenie-schmeenie...I call you smart

I love shrimp in pretty much anything. Nicki's Diner in Bangor makes a mean vegetable stir-fry, and I always have them add shrimp.
That's right. While all of you are sitting around freezing and discussing the Volvo-Line crunchies, me and Island Mermaid will be safely across the Frost-Line eating some little, pink imported Maine shrimpies in the sun.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine