U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-31-2010, 03:36 AM

120 posts, read 139,843 times

Advertisements

Hello,

I am about of reserve a cottage in Camden but I hesitate between two cottages, one in Mill Street and the other one in Jacobs Avenue.
Does someone know those place ?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-31-2010, 05:30 AM

1,220 posts, read 3,443,266 times
I am not sure what you are expecting to find in either location. Jacobs Avenue is approximately 1.5km from the center of the village. Housing there is primarily fairly new residential housing.

Mill Street is perhaps 3.5 km from the center of Camden. The houses there are older and the area is mostly residential and well built up.

Have you received a lot of pictures of the area and the "cottages" that you are considering renting? If not, you should. These are quite nice residential areas, but it suprises me a little that you are looking to stay in either location as a visitor.

Old 01-31-2010, 06:54 AM

We looked the area with google maps, it seems ok for us, 1,5 Km is not too far to walk. Is what you say about Camden or our choice of a residential area ? We are looking for a quiet place but near livener places.

Old 01-31-2010, 10:20 AM

4,958 posts, read 10,362,675 times
We live in Camden. We looked at a house on Mill St. when we were house hunting last year. Most of the houses there are older, but in nice shape. I would personally pick the Jacobs Ave. rental. It's closer to downtown Camden, so less walking! I'd be happy to drive by each place to see what the surrounding area is like. Just let me know.

Old 01-31-2010, 10:46 AM

Thanks very much for your proposal, this morning we found a web site : Google Maps
you enter the adress, you click on the red point and choose street view. You can visit the place as if you were there, with pictures all along the street. It's more precise than GoogleEarth.
Considering the distance to downtown Camden, we'll probably choose Jacobs Ave and it would be great to have your feeling about it.

Old 01-31-2010, 10:58 AM

1,324 posts, read 2,549,623 times
Your link is to Google Maps France

Old 01-31-2010, 11:02 AM

Yes but you can find also USA, we found Camden
our research was jacobs ave camden maine USA

Old 01-31-2010, 01:28 PM

4,958 posts, read 10,362,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Olivieroma View Post
Thanks very much for your proposal, this morning we found a web site : Google Maps
you enter the adress, you click on the red point and choose street view. You can visit the place as if you were there, with pictures all along the street. It's more precise than GoogleEarth.
Considering the distance to downtown Camden, we'll probably choose Jacobs Ave and it would be great to have your feeling about it.
You'll be in a great location to walk downtown and also to Laitte beach, which is close to Jacobs Ave. Camden is a great town. I'm sure you'll really enjoy your visit! Please let me know if you'd like suggestions for restaurants. There are some great ones in Camden!

Old 01-31-2010, 03:39 PM

3,093 posts, read 5,422,768 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by corgis View Post
Your link is to Google Maps France

It's really neat, with high speed of course, to tour the earth with google maps. Just zoom in on whatever you think may be interesting.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine