U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-15-2009, 06:32 PM

3,231 posts, read 6,541,357 times

Advertisements

Ah-ha, Christmas in FL just doesn't seem the same. Most everyone here in the forum knows it's not my favorite holiday. My family waits until after Jan 1st to arrive. BUT... I have for the first time here (3.5 years) decorated my home for the holidays! It's not the same as decorating at home, this years theme is "Florida Tacky" because when in Rome...

I'll post pics when I'm finished, one word: Gaudy. Wait, two words: add TACKY. Either way, I'm going with the flow this year which is better than any of the previous years. GO ME! Can't wait to show you all my fake tree, decorated with pink flamingos, it's a hoot!

Don't lift the bridge or lock the gates, I'll be home eventually, probably sooner than later.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-15-2009, 06:34 PM

139 posts, read 495,422 times
Charlie Brown Christmas is on the tube.It's helping me get there.

Old 12-15-2009, 06:46 PM

1,808 posts, read 2,892,417 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by island mermaid View Post
Ah-ha, Christmas in FL just doesn't seem the same. Most everyone here in the forum knows it's not my favorite holiday. My family waits until after Jan 1st to arrive. BUT... I have for the first time here (3.5 years) decorated my home for the holidays! It's not the same as decorating at home, this years theme is "Florida Tacky" because when in Rome...

I'll post pics when I'm finished, one word: Gaudy. Wait, two words: add TACKY. Either way, I'm going with the flow this year which is better than any of the previous years. GO ME! Can't wait to show you all my fake tree, decorated with pink flamingos, it's a hoot!

Don't lift the bridge or lock the gates, I'll be home eventually, probably sooner than later.
The gate to Maine will always be open for the island mermaid

Old 12-15-2009, 06:58 PM

17,159 posts, read 22,175,230 times
It's the most- wonderful time....of the year!

Old 12-15-2009, 07:23 PM

21,338 posts, read 7,356,355 times
Now that I'm spending Christmas in Florida with Mermie and her DH at my house, I've packed my tree that comes with colored balls and a star. We can move it from room to room and out to the patio. I'm hoping to toss in some lights too so her DH can wrap them around the pilings on the dock. lol Mermie... how can outdo pink flamingos on your tree for pete's sake!!! You better leave it up so I can see it on New Year's Eve!!!

I've got three neighbors down there who all compete with their decorations. It looks like a Macy's parade route by Christmas!!!! J/k... it really does look great when they're all done.

We'll take a ride around the neighborhood on the cocktail cart and see if we can get some pics!

Old 12-15-2009, 07:53 PM

1,922 posts, read 3,665,376 times
I always buy good bottle of Christmas Spirits, usually Crown Regal or Pinch. Tides me over with Christmas spirits way into the new year.

Old 12-15-2009, 07:54 PM

3,231 posts, read 6,541,357 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CoastalMaine View Post
Now that I'm spending Christmas in Florida with Mermie and her DH at my house, I've packed my tree that comes with colored balls and a star. We can move it from room to room and out to the patio. I'm hoping to toss in some lights too so her DH can wrap them around the pilings on the dock. lol Mermie... how can outdo pink flamingos on your tree for pete's sake!!! You better leave it up so I can see it on New Year's Eve!!!

We'll take a ride around the neighborhood on the cocktail cart and see if we can get some pics!

We're going to put the "ACK" in Tacky!

Old 12-15-2009, 08:48 PM

8,760 posts, read 16,110,134 times
Sorry I asked!
I thought I was the only one...yes Mermaid I know it isn't your favorite time but at least you'll have Coastal Maine to comiserate with you and DH!!!
I have always thought Christmas should be every leap year . Then it would be a real celebration! Annual things come too often...especially when you get older!!

Old 12-15-2009, 09:07 PM

8,760 posts, read 16,110,134 times
Have a nice holiday and good new year everyone, despite your mood.

Old 12-15-2009, 09:32 PM

1,961 posts, read 4,164,573 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maineah View Post
Have a nice holiday and good new year everyone, despite your mood.
Ditto, Maineah!

Currently I am in a Bah Humbug mood-hopefully that will change by next week.

Too many blasted suguaro cacti with little santa hats on them- sorry just plain wierd!

Maybe if I just imagine a tacky FL XMAS with gaudy pink flamingos, I will be filled with XMAS cheer!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine