U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-05-2010, 07:25 AM

10,279 posts, read 10,386,377 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by FNolan View Post
..... You live in a bubble my friend.
No I don't. You made an unsupported statement and I called you on it. California's law is not the same as Maine's.

Old 01-05-2010, 07:39 AM

783 posts, read 1,302,203 times
Just read an article on Rockland's interest in this topic.

The Herald Gazette: Rockland wants to regulate marijuana distribution centers

Old 01-05-2010, 07:48 AM

6,023 posts, read 11,502,098 times
If the people of any state votes for legal medical marijuana at the proposition wins then it would be the wish of the majority.
That's how our system works. If any one doesn't agree with the wish of the people they can not only exercise their right to gripe about it on a forum and they certainly have the right to move to a state that does not allow it.

Old 01-05-2010, 08:12 AM

474 posts, read 822,233 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mensaguy View Post
No I don't. You made an unsupported statement and I called you on it. California's law is not the same as Maine's.
I see no support for your statements either. What does it matter how the law was written ? Since pot was made legal to use with something as simple as a doctors prescription, then there will be doctors out there that will sell you a prescription for it whether you need it or not. Just like there are doctors out there that will sell you the needed documentation so you can get a handicap parking permit whether you need it or not. Doctors are human too and susceptible to greed just like lawyers, judges, car inspectors, insurance adjusters and on and on.

Old 01-05-2010, 09:06 AM

1,324 posts, read 2,550,607 times
"insurance adjusters"? Be careful and tread lightly if you think they are suspectible to greed. I'm one of those.

Old 01-05-2010, 09:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by corgis View Post
"insurance adjusters"? Be careful and tread lightly if you think they are suspectible to greed. I'm one of those.
No insult intended, I didn't say ALL, just some. A minority for sure, but they are out there. In all professions and fields.

Old 01-05-2010, 10:02 AM

10,279 posts, read 10,386,377 times
As a result of the recent referendum, Maine residents will be able to use marijuana to treat Lou Gehrig's disease and Alzheimer's, in addition to those conditions already approved.

Fees charged to license dispensaries and to provide ID cards for patients and caregivers are established so there is no cost to the state government.

In California, much of the detail is regulated by the counties instead of the state, thus causing wide differences in how the possession and cultivation of marijuana is treated throughout that state. That circumstance will not exist in Maine.

Since the used of marijuana for medical purposes was approved by the voters of Maine in 1998, the question of usage in rental property has been debated, but has not ended up in court where a precedence could be established. That circumstance did not change with the recent referendum.

Maine patients have been permitted to grow their own marijuana since 1998. If there has been a large number of doctors writing bogus prescriptions for anyone willing to pay the doctor's fee, it seems to have been overlooked by the media. If, by adding two diseases for which it can be used and providing a regulated way for patients to obtain the material, the widespread use of bogus prescriptions may or may not increase. Maybe the media will report on any change in usage.

Old 01-05-2010, 10:15 AM

Oh, I see, so if it's not reported in the media it doesn't exist. Hmmm, interesting. So by your reasoning UFOs do exist because the media has reported they do.

Thank You So Much For Clarifying Things For Me !

End of discussion.

Old 01-05-2010, 04:05 PM

2,352 posts, read 5,349,377 times
Please visit this topic in the Politics and Other Controversies forum.
FAQ
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine
View detailed profiles of:
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or