Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-12-2010, 03:38 PM

7,727 posts, read 12,377,875 times

Advertisements

Banking business can be exasperating. It seems sometimes that nothing can be accomplished without repeatedly calling and submitting duplicate paperwork then. I do understand the frustration.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-21-2010, 12:28 PM

37,441 posts, read 61,346,326 times
Today, 21 March 2010, in Argyle, we have snow falling.

Old 03-21-2010, 01:36 PM

6,630 posts, read 13,534,340 times
It feels like it might snow here too. I've been in and out between greenhouses all day. The air has changed a lot since this morning.

Old 03-21-2010, 04:16 PM

783 posts, read 1,574,231 times
A friend in Lincolnville said it was 39F and snowing this morning Aye, Devil's snow!!!

It wouldn't be a Maine spring without a few snow flakes!

Old 05-30-2010, 05:57 PM

We found a good deal on a Ford F-150 pickup truck today, 4X4 with a shell. I went online, added it to our insurance policy and I got a real surprise.

It only increased our vehicle insurance by $77.50 per 6-months.

Not bad

Old 05-30-2010, 07:54 PM

2,712 posts, read 5,652,009 times
cool! wanna haul some manure for me?

Old 05-30-2010, 08:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by starwalker View Post
cool! wanna haul some manure for me?
Who is going to do the shoveling?

My back will only last a short while. I will gladly haul manure for you, if you have a way to get it in and out again.

I have to haul a boar hog in a couple weeks, my sows are getting lonely.

This pickup can take it.

Old 05-31-2010, 08:05 PM

1,816 posts, read 3,389,544 times
Trip update...

I left Maine last Thursday on my motorcycle. I made it to Burlington, VT that first night. I reached Erie, PA on my second night. Then Joliet, IL on the third day. Last night I went up to La Crosse, WI. and Mitchell, SD tonight. I'm only 300 miles from Mt. Rushmore for tomorrow and then Yellowstone the next day. All before I head southwest for Sacramento and reality. I diverted up to I90 to stay away from the rain on I80. Altogether so far, I've only hit about 15 minutes of rain. Tomorrow I think I'm in for it all day.

It was nice riding today. Yesterday it hit 94 with high humidity. I drank more water than the bike took gas I think.

I'll be back in Maine soon for a CD dinner party somewhere. Somewhere like Baileyville maybe?

Old 05-31-2010, 08:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RMoore007 View Post
Trip update...

I left Maine last Thursday on my motorcycle. I made it to Burlington, VT that first night. I reached Erie, PA on my second night. Then Joliet, IL on the third day. Last night I went up to La Crosse, WI. and Mitchell, SD tonight. I'm only 300 miles from Mt. Rushmore for tomorrow and then Yellowstone the next day. All before I head southwest for Sacramento and reality. I diverted up to I90 to stay away from the rain on I80. Altogether so far, I've only hit about 15 minutes of rain. Tomorrow I think I'm in for it all day.

It was nice riding today. Yesterday it hit 94 with high humidity. I drank more water than the bike took gas I think.

I'll be back in Maine soon for a CD dinner party somewhere. Somewhere like Baileyville maybe?
Nice

Old 06-01-2010, 02:04 PM

Default How you register a vehicle in Maine is changing

Some of the town offices in this area have been taking on the duties of registering vehciles. Which is really nice.

In most places where we have lived everyone hated dealing with the Department of Motor Vehicles; long lines, slow clerks, endless procedures, it is so often painfull.

One state we lived in tried contracting a private corporation to operate this function, in an effort to make it efficient and more pleasant to vehicle owners.

I am sure that most people from 'away' have horror stories about dealing with DMVs.

The last few times that I have needed to register vehicles in Maine I first went to a town office to pay the taxes, and then made the trip to a DMV office to do the registration stuff. While at the town offices I have been told that they were going through the process to be allowed to conduct DMV paperwork. So I have been in much anticipation of this event.

Today they did it!

Our closest Town office was closed today, the next closest town office took my tax money and directed me to the next town's office. So I went there and sure enough that town office was able to register my new truck, and give me license plates and decals.

I was able to transfer ownership of this vehicle, pay taxes on it, and register it all without going into the city and messing with DMV.

This was a much better process.

Town offices rarely have lines, today I did no waiting and the two clerks I dealt with were both pleasant and efficient.

I do hope that this change can help to lower the state's budget, it has certainly made registering a vehicle much easier.

Excise tax $60.08
Registration fees = $88.50
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine