Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-03-2010, 12:00 PM

783 posts, read 1,565,777 times

Advertisements

It's an off-topic sort of day here in Owls Head! About 3" of nice fluffy stuff has fallen today, and it's really nice out. I don't know about the rest of you, but I should be spending more time outside; this always helps put a smile on my face in the winter. Today, I'm a sloth, though...laying low with a cold, saving energy for bringing wood in and shoveling a little later. And going to work tonight - grrrr...

Lately, I've been thinking on & planning for spring/summer projects: garage - new shingles on the roof/siding; new overhead door & maybe windows; attached wood shed; a chicken coop; landscraping - I've got a clean palette at the moment.

Also, I'm really going to make an effort to go somewhere in Maine I haven't been, which is pretty much anywhere outside of Knox County. The ME forum has been hugely encouraging to me to get out and see some of this awesome state.

What are your plans for the spring/summer? Travels? Projects? Relaxation ideas - I would love to hear how & where folks relax in the summer (if it's not privileged info ) in Maine - I need direction in this dept!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-03-2010, 12:05 PM

1,325 posts, read 2,958,583 times
We'll be redoing another room in our old house in Eastport. A room a year is the way we've been fixing up this place. We'll be tiling the kitchen and pulling down the old plaster in the upstairs hallway and around the hallway window that has weakend plaster from old rain leaks through that window. We'll be putting in a pulldown attic stairway and wiring the hallway for outlets (it has none right now) - that and seeing friends and yard saling should see me through the summer. Course I have to make adjustments for my family coming up over the 4th of July and bringing the new grandboy with them.

Old 02-03-2010, 01:01 PM

264 posts, read 755,285 times
Well.... Since we just set our date to finally move to our house in Maine for good next month in March.... It will be our first spring/summer there full time! So.... Other then settling in, unpacking boxes (who knows how long that'll take to finish! lol) Doing any work we need to do now that we'll be living there full time, and I'm sure visiting all sorts of neat places! My children go visit my ex in MS for 4 weeks this summer, I figure I must keep busy as they are gone and visit and check out some new places or i'll just go crazy missing them! I plan to do Baxter State Park (already have done that quite a few times) I'll do hikes the kids can't handle as they are gone, National Acadia Park (done that a bunch too), and then visit a bunch of new places... deffinitly going to visit an island or 2 as the kids are gone! Not sure what else... I need ideas too! I am in Lincoln area but don't mind driving!

Old 02-03-2010, 01:47 PM

7,727 posts, read 12,330,468 times
It was cold but, sunny this morning. We took the dog to the groomers then ran to town to shop while he was being tended to. Went and looked at samples for new countertops today. We plan to replace those and the vinyl flooring in the kitchen soon. No "big" projects in the immediate future as we have wood to cut for next winter over the warm months, we did buy a new Stihl recently. I'd like to get a woodsplitter but, we do need to buy a mower before the grass gets growing.

Old 02-03-2010, 02:16 PM

3,036 posts, read 5,854,834 times
I hope to do a lot more traveling on the motorcycle this year. So the weather will have to be cooperative. At least more than last year. We've wanted to ride Rt. 1 all the way south and go to the Desert of Maine again and maybe go up Mt Battie. House needs painting too. And the garage need repairs on one wall. Rather have a barn. No animals; just the barn. Around 14 coming to stay for the week of July 4th so that will be a blast. That oughta do 'er.

Old 02-03-2010, 02:53 PM

16,590 posts, read 15,520,008 times
When you said ride Rt. 1 all the was south, I thought you meant Key West. That's a long ride.

Our house will be full for July 4th also. We'll be having more fun than all those drunken sailors coming to visit!

Old 02-03-2010, 03:50 PM

3,036 posts, read 5,854,834 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mensaguy View Post
When you said ride Rt. 1 all the was south, I thought you meant Key West. That's a long ride.

Our house will be full for July 4th also. We'll be having more fun than all those drunken sailors coming to visit!
OMG, NO!!! Sorry, I meant to Kit'ry only. Not into the Iron Butt Competition. LOL. Nah, we just ride Maine. Although I may try some of NH this year weeather permitting.

Old 02-03-2010, 04:50 PM

2,712 posts, read 5,627,496 times
If I can find some time, I want to do some geocaching this year, since K got me a GPS for Yule.

We have home improvement projects on tap, too, plus I need to spend a lot more time on the gardens to get them productive. Relaxation is "market days" and I will be trying two markets this year, the Thursday market downtown Bangor during June and July and the Brewer Farmers Market possibly earlier and definitely later. I'll have veggies and my hex signs at both markets (and chose those two because they DO allow both.

Thankfully, I have a tiller now...

Old 02-03-2010, 07:47 PM

566 posts, read 1,412,039 times
I will probably get to meet you finally Star. I frequent the Brewer market often.

Old 02-03-2010, 08:35 PM

722 posts, read 1,504,867 times
Well maureenb I just booked a cottage right on the water right there in owls head,so we will be there when we come out for the lobster fest.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine