U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 06-01-2007, 03:57 AM
Status: "You cant have any pudding if you dont eat you meat" (set 5 days ago)

10,721 posts, read 10,577,499 times
alison,,,the chickadee has been around for a longggg time,,and i agree its very good!!
i like rolandeau's in auburn,,(off the exit ,,take a left a few miles down on the left,,,its a landmark,,been there for years,,,have a great prime rib.

the red lobster in augusta didnt make it (a few years back) as you walked in,,you saw a lobster tank with maine lobsters in it,,,which was great,,,but the majority of lobster entree's on the menu was frozen lobster tails,,from the warm water spiny lobsters(no claws) much different flavor than what we are use to.
the place was nice,,,but a little pricey..now its an olive garden

i've cut down considerably,,,going out to eat,,,it drives me nuts,,,for any establishment to charge 2.29 for a medium diet pepsi, and its mostly ice,,

i hear mainers all over the state how tough it is to make ends meet,,yet,,,go to a restaurant in bangor, or augusta on a friday or saturday night,,and there are lines,,people just cant wait to throw out 50-80 for a meal for two,,
????!!
Quick reply to this message

Old 06-01-2007, 04:17 AM

42 posts, read 121,183 times
Da Vinci's in Lewiston is incredible. Could be a little costly, but we think it's worth it.
I should point out in case you can't tell by the name that it's Italian. The prices are slightly higher than say, OlIve Garden, but my italian in-laws swear it's about as authentic Italian food as you can get outside their own cuchina.

Last edited by maisy; 06-01-2007 at 04:32 AM.. Reason: needed clarification

Old 06-01-2007, 04:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by maisy View Post
Da Vinci's in Lewiston is incredible. Could be a little costly, but we think it's worth it.
I should point out in case you can't tell by the name that it's Italian. The prices are slightly higher than say, OlIve Garden, but my italian in-laws swear it's about as authentic Italian food as you can get outside their own cuchina.
maisy,,,good post!! i like davinci's also,,!!
whats the italian restaurant on lewistons mainstreet that has ..huge meatballs??

Old 06-01-2007, 05:56 AM

2,348 posts, read 3,422,394 times
Lewiston/Auburn

Nothing But The Blues Cafe, 81 college st Lewiston: (eclectic mix)best Pad Thai I ever had. Served sat nights.

Patricks Burritos: Lincoln st lewiston. Like their steak Burrito

Luiggis pizza: sabatus st lewiston, best meatball sub/calzone

mac's steak house minot ave auburn: Steaks

macs seafood minot ave: I like their haddock sandwhich.

Old 06-01-2007, 06:02 AM

2,299 posts, read 3,813,571 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlisonL View Post
The Chickadee here in Turner. Excellent seafood, and great desserts.
We also love the Chickadee. Real good food!

Old 06-01-2007, 03:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by flycessna View Post
Lewiston/Auburn

Nothing But The Blues Cafe, 81 college st Lewiston: (eclectic mix)best Pad Thai I ever had. Served sat nights.

Patricks Burritos: Lincoln st lewiston. Like their steak Burrito

Luiggis pizza: sabatus st lewiston, best meatball sub/calzone

mac's steak house minot ave auburn: Steaks

macs seafood minot ave: I like their haddock sandwhich.
fly, you didnt mention tabers!!!

Old 06-02-2007, 07:45 AM

3,068 posts, read 5,225,277 times
Red Lobster didn't make it in Auburn either. Not too smart to try to fool locals with icky wannabe lobster!! LOL

Have not been to Rolandeau's and have lived in this area for 19 yrs. Worse meal I ever had was at the Village Inn. I don't know if we went on a bad night or what, but we got served our 12 ounce beer in 8 ounce water glasses. That should have been a clue as to what was going to happen next.
One of my favorite places growing up was The Country View drive-in Sedgwick. Their lobster rolls were SOOOOOOO good!

Old 06-02-2007, 10:48 AM

581 posts, read 41,338 times
Le Domaine in Hancock used to be a pretty amazing place - I only say "used to be" because it changed hands a few years ago. Mainers: bring 1/2 your annual earnings, however! PFAs: This will be just a typical place like where you go to back home, i.e. not your typical grungy Maine "restaurant"!
Le Domaine French Inn and Restaurant, Hancock, Maine
Bon apetit!

Old 06-02-2007, 12:27 PM

42 posts, read 121,183 times
The last time we went to DaVinci's, we actually parked at the Village Inn, planning to go there. It seemed like we were the youngest people in the lot by about 50 years so we left, thinking we'd try it for dinner some time. Guess we lost our chance for a while. But after hearing that crap experience, maybe I'll keep looking.

Old 06-02-2007, 05:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlisonL View Post
Red Lobster didn't make it in Auburn either. Not too smart to try to fool locals with icky wannabe lobster!! LOL

Have not been to Rolandeau's and have lived in this area for 19 yrs. Worse meal I ever had was at the Village Inn. I don't know if we went on a bad night or what, but we got served our 12 ounce beer in 8 ounce water glasses. That should have been a clue as to what was going to happen next.
One of my favorite places growing up was The Country View drive-in Sedgwick. Their lobster rolls were SOOOOOOO good!

the village inn ,,,use to have a great repution,,,

two years ago,,i ordered fried clams in batter (they were well known for thier seafood) take out,,,when we got it home and started eating them,(pieces of fried batter),it was just batter!! not one friggin clam inside! not even a clam-neck!!
since that time,,we never went back,,, i went by the other day, its closed ,,had a fire a while back,,
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine