Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-15-2008, 09:32 AM

7,395 posts, read 13,039,064 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by FigaroUno View Post
....I just hope that none of you ever have to be in a group of people that has before been stigmatized.
wow, I think we just have been. You took a few quotes and a little information, and stigmatized us as unknowledgeable and critical. You know nothing about what those of us on here do for work, or what has led us to our opinions. Furthermore, you don't really know how many of us have opinions on this, because not everyone has posted in this thread. YET, you went ahead and stigmatized Mainers based on a few things.

Old 10-15-2008, 09:39 AM

1,325 posts, read 2,957,562 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mollysmiles View Post
wow, I think we just have been. You took a few quotes and a little information, and stigmatized us as unknowledgeable and critical. You know nothing about what those of us on here do for work, or what has led us to our opinions. Furthermore, you don't really know how many of us have opinions on this, because not everyone has posted in this thread. YET, you went ahead and stigmatized Mainers based on a few things.

What she said!!!!!

Old 10-15-2008, 12:29 PM

11 posts, read 18,893 times
We always have people miss what other are saying because we hear ourselves talk a lot more than we hear or read what other people have said.

When you do not know you are just unknowledgeable about the subject there is no stigma about it. Suggest you read a dictionary definition of Stigma. Someone just called you on your misinformation and that is all. You either know or you do not know. There is not stigma about it. Stigma is when you put a group of people together under one condition and state they are all the same. It has been happening for years and we all have being doing it for years. It is nothing special, but it should be noted. No one has stigmatized you; you are just a lot more misinformed that I originally thought. I am sorry, but it is so. But look your safe, noone know who you are. You and me are only messages in this thread. Bytheway, this does not mean that you are missinformed about all subjects, I am sure that there are things you know that I wouldn't dare touch. But in the subject of Methadone and Methadone Clinics you are misinfomed. And you know what, I have a sense that if they were anything like me, most people that are neither patients nor treatment staff are fairly well misinformed about the subject. But they are willing to have all kinds of opinions about it....... That is all.

Coming off with that Methadone is a treatment for crack cocaine too. And a few other statements I read here tell me how much misinform you people are about the subject. Sorry you get so sore, but it is definitely the truth. And I am only the messanger who told you. If I wouldn't care about people misinforming each other, I wouldn't have said any thing. I just happen to think that we are in the twenty first century and that perhaps we should consider ourselves a lot more informed and compationed for having the ability and privilage of obtaining information.

Rather than being so so because someone call you on your bubus, find out where you are making your errors (if you wish). Then you can have an opinion that can be taken seriously.

West Dade is a faily good neighborhood or again you do not have good information. The clinic happened to be across the Florida International University and not many people even know that it is there. Now, I am sure that whatever crime rate you are scare about I am fairly sure that has nothing to do with those methadone patients. I suppose that is why you mention it. I have yet to see a criminal arrest report saying that the person was under the influence of methadone when committing a crime. But I suppose a methadone patient could be. I suppose if Charles Keating who was already faily rich can rob and committed fraud on a lot people that had their money in his Savings and Loan and Ms. McCain have been addicted to pain killers committed a few felonies and got away with it, just because who she is. Any thing can happen.

Your opinion means nothing if based on misinformation. What really truly counts in your opinion is when it is based on facts and not gossip. You guys read your own stuff and see how it read to others. I know you most think they are important opinions, but they are just misinformed bratty stuff.

I never even mention Main in my message. I see that you are talking more to yourself than reading what I wrote. I am saying YOU and a few others are missinformed. I do not need to know what work you do nor your hobbies nor anything else. All I need to respond to is the information that was declear as accurate and to say it is not. The misinformation and stigma runs rampid in the last few messages that I read.

But you are scaring yourself a lot more, than you need to. And obviously not many people or the complainers have not read all of the information on these thread. You will find more useful information than just hysteria, which is what I see. I am sure that not every thing is well and dandy on all the clinics in the world, but I can tell you something, when I found out what I learned. I found that I had a lot less to worry about.

You can continue to complain and think that you are being put in some kind of a bin, or you just go get informed.

Lisent, I know that it may be an important subject if a Methadone Clinic is going to be put in your neighborhood. But if that is so, get better informed, really. There are a number of methadone clinics in places you would be surprise. Or do you guy think that heroin and pain killer addiction only happen to the down and out poor people. If Ms. McCain was addicted to pain killers. You can bet your booty that she is not the only rich and celb that has been addicted. There are many many rich celebs that are reciving this treatment, but keeps their mouth quite, because the kind of stigma exhibited here. I was surprise of the names that came up, and they are usually very well guarded information. So you can get an idea of how far I went to find out when they put a clinic in my neighborhood. They can be your next door neighbor, your kids, even the least likely person that you would think.

Last edited by FigaroUno; 10-15-2008 at 12:50 PM..

Old 10-15-2008, 12:43 PM

2,054 posts, read 4,556,541 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fort Lauderdale mermaid View Post
I might very well be mistaken buddy, but you may as well understand this:

MAINE isn't anything like Miami or West Dade. Nice to hear your clinic in West Dade is run so well. I personally wouldn't step foot in West Dade if you paid me. Oh, and please don't tell me about the crime stats down here, I watch the news. It scares me to death.

Best of luck to you.
'Que the Jan Hammer intro.'

Crockett: "Damn, these birds are noisy. At least, they're not in a cage, sort of a natural habitat."
Tubbs: "Kind of like an alligator in a sailboat."

Old 10-15-2008, 12:44 PM

I am informed.... there you go AGAIN making assumptions. And while there isn't one in my neighborhood, there is one in my TOWN.

stop assuming.

Old 10-15-2008, 12:59 PM

11 posts, read 18,893 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ALToons View Post
First post yeah!

Glad to say that one of those clinics worked so well that my nephew is completely off the stuff. We cant be more pleased. Granted, I felt for the town that he had to go to for the crowd that gathered there were all for the same thing and they all had varying (sp) degrees of destructive appearances about them, but just the same, I wanted to let someone know that for my nephew, it worked. I appreciate all the people that tolerate these clinics within their towns/cities.

See,........ her nephew!!! I am sure that he is not the only possibly middle class family member that saw that it is not just like most people hystericist about. I just learned that most of the new clinic patients are young affluent night club goers. Like this person said, their are varying degree of destructive appearance about them...... who knows, it might one day be you.

----------------------------------------------------------
YOU are missinformed, you just will not admitted. I am not assuming anything. I just have to read you to know. But is over., I tell you, I am not going to go back and forthward about you lack of information. When it is so clear.

Old 10-15-2008, 01:14 PM

1,325 posts, read 2,957,562 times
PHFFFTTT! - I know nothing about this methadone thingy and I don't really care. So I am not just misinformed, I'm totally ignorant and liking it that way.

Old 10-15-2008, 01:29 PM

5,054 posts, read 12,363,483 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FigaroUno View Post
[color=black][font=Verdana]
I never even mention Main in my message. I see that you are talking more to yourself than reading what I wrote. I am saying YOU and a few others are missinformed. I do not need to know what work you do nor your hobbies nor anything else. All I need to respond to is the information that was declear as accurate and to say it is not. The misinformation and stigma runs rampid in the last few messages that I read.
This IS the MAINE forum. Maybe you just happened into the wrong room! I'm thinking no-one in Maine is trying to emmulate the practices of Florida,(THANK GOODNESS!!!) so relevence may be an issue here.

Old 10-15-2008, 01:41 PM

2,054 posts, read 4,556,541 times
Reason # 1492, to never, ever move to Florida!

Old 10-15-2008, 01:57 PM

How can you tell me that I'm uninformed when I haven't even told you what I know? It's not about "going back and forth" at all, and the simple fact that you believe it is shows your lack of understanding. You're the one getting your panties in a bunch.

by the way... "admitted" in your post should be "admit it"....

PS: those that use the clinic in my town are not the "young affluent night club goers"... lol, right.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine