Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-16-2011, 12:37 PM

192 posts, read 394,360 times

Advertisements

Well I must say Obama, and what's left of the teamster's were the only reason that they were stopped, but I guess that is a different topic for a different day.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-10-2011, 10:25 AM

181 posts, read 303,943 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Juice13610 View Post
Truck drivers are terrible drivers. You cannot study such a thing as "who causes more accidents" between cars and trucks. Truckers are the ones who think they own the roads and choose to cross the yellow line EVERY TIME I am on the interstate. I will not pass a semi when a guard rail is coming up because too many times I or a family member or I have seen someone get ran off the interstate by a merging trucker. They are terrible drivers in many, many cases!
You can thank all the big companies that think that anyone can drive a truck.

Old 02-20-2012, 10:20 AM

2 posts, read 2,174 times
I have been in the trucking industy as a professional driver for a number of years and recently has taken an interest in the safety issues as they evlove. Bottom line is that we as professional drivers are held to a greater degree of scrutinyand responsibility, as rightful earned. I have witnessed many non-professional drivers pushing automobilse down the highway not observeing the one second rule or other industry standards of safety. Observation of this rule alone would result in a reduction of injuries and fatalities on our nation highways. If we as professional drivers are unwilling to observe the basic of professional driving then stiffer regualtions, penalities, and fines will continue to be forced upon us. If we want the respect of the driving public then we must begain to police ourselves and demand greater accountability of our collegues. We ourselves must hold each and every porfessional driver, carrier, and other accountable and not shield them through the network. If a driver is speeding or committing other infractions a CB call is not the answer unless it is to the proper authorities. If we as professional drivers were to take our heads and hands beyound the front seat of the cab we would learn that many of the accidents in our industry are rear to front and front to rear. There is the 1 second rule prevention. Courtesy on highway and byways of our national Highway system is the foundation of safety. We lack Courtesy, therefore we lack professionalism.

Old 02-20-2012, 10:55 AM

2 posts, read 2,174 times
I agree that there are many drivers on the highway that are driving fatiqued and therefore have a demished capacity in their reaction time for a accident avoidence stregedy. But as a professional driver I understand that driving a 53' foot trailer coupeled with a 10' tractor my reaction time under the best of circumstances is a fractinal percentage opposed to those in a 4 wheeler. Nor will a 4 wheeler cause multiple injuries to others motorist not directly involved not to mention the property damaged. Just knowing that there are those driving fatiqued, impared, distracted and in many ways not qualified should make the professional driver take a greater sense of responsibility in his actions and attitude towards those who are less capable as drivers. Rather then doing so we continue to push, shove, hustle and freeze our way down the nation highways. Let us stop making excuses and find solutions. One solution is let us as professional stop protecting bad behaviour through our CB channels and start reporting those drivers, carriers, and others that are non professionals to the proper authorities.

Old 05-01-2012, 09:30 AM

2 posts, read 2,026 times
[quote=sherilynn63;1183917]I have a problem with what My hubsand just told me about someone trying to change the hours they drive now I guess they dont get enough sleep But you are wrong because I dont think anyone has the right to tell truck drivers how they should drive I think they get enough sleep My hubsand needs the money if he had to give up more hours to just sit he make enough to surport his family and he has the right to drive his hours like other people do I know there people out there that are trying to put the trucking companies out of business My hubsand needs the hour to drive or wont make to pay all our bills I wish everyone would leave the truck drivers alone and let them drive and make money We have right too leave us alone Sheri[/quote they need to lower the speed limit and take driver off driving that means cutting bk on the hours i think that a great idea lady every one needs money to pay bills u would not feel this way if u where to have lost a love one to a truck driver being tired i lost my son my only son so who the one that lost more u and your husband for cutting back or people like me that lost love on think about it lady

Old 05-01-2012, 05:12 PM

2 posts, read 2,026 times
In respone to sherilynn63 i under stand your concern with your husband lost of money but sometimes truck driver need that extra rest there has been so many acciedent on the road with truck drivers so i disagree with u it does concern those that have lost a love one due to the driving of a trucker some think that they own the road i lost my son he was only 18yrs old he was to granduate high school this year and had just turn 19yrs old .so for that reason i agree that law for trucker should b inforced more.

Old 06-28-2012, 12:59 PM

2 posts, read 1,919 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Juice13610 View Post
Truck drivers are terrible drivers. You cannot study such a thing as "who causes more accidents" between cars and trucks. Truckers are the ones who think they own the roads and choose to cross the yellow line EVERY TIME I am on the interstate. I will not pass a semi when a guard rail is coming up because too many times I or a family member or I have seen someone get ran off the interstate by a merging trucker. They are terrible drivers in many, many cases!

I HAVE to DISAGREE with you! Yes there are some truck drivers that dont need to be driving, however I have seen MORE people in cars that DONT need to be driving. I drove a truck over the road for 18 years. I have over two and a half million miles with NO ACCIDENTS! I have always had a PERFECT DRIVING RECORD. I am definitely NOT a terrible driver. I would ride with a truck driver over a car driver anytime.

YES you CAN study who causes more accidents between cars and trucks. Maybe if you would move over, slow down or speed up to get past the exit you wouldnt get ran off the interstate by a trucker. You know, like you are supposed to do.

SOUNDS TO ME LIKE YOU ARE THE ONE WHO NEEDS TO LEARN HOW TO DRIVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 06-28-2012, 01:22 PM

6,631 posts, read 13,542,872 times
Warning: This thread causes high blood pressure and drive thru posting.

Old 06-28-2012, 01:42 PM

7,057 posts, read 9,080,994 times
Wow. The post he replied to is from 2007, and the person isn't even a member anymore. He signed up to make one rant at someone who isn't even here, from half a decade ago? Must be *something* admirable about that.

Exit? What exit? The post mentioned a guardrail, nothing about an exit...and speaking of learning to drive...seems to me that the vehicle entering the highway is required to yield to the traffic already there, they aren't required to speed up or slow down or move over, at least in all of the states I've been in. May be he's in some kind of different state...

Old 07-01-2013, 07:50 AM

2 posts, read 1,655 times
Instead of blaming the drivers for all the problems on the roads, why not go where the problems originate and that is with the greedy companies they work for. They're the ones out there making all the deals with the shippers to have their drivers unload the cargo when they should be resting or stay with their trailer while it's being loaded or unloaded instead of resting or holding them at the delivery point or loading point for 4 to eight hours using them for storage or just because the shipper or receiver isn't ready to ship or receive but want the truck at their facility just in case. Drivers have to do as they are told just like every other employee in this country and usually if they refuse to do something illegal or drive something illegal they face the possibility of termination or have to face the music from their higher ups. How about fixing these problems and just maybe most of the other problems will be solved. And how about the idiots that think we can stop these trucks on a dime, who pull in front of you and slam on their brakes because they think they're cute or my personal favorite when they are merging into traffic and think they don't have to give right of way. They need to read the law and the law says merging traffic yields right of way to oncoming traffic, yield sign or not or may be they just need to learn the definition of yield!!!!! Or when they are out there driving with their heads up their butts or on the cell phone not paying attention and a truck goes to pass them and then they speed up so it can't get around them or when they float from lane to lane because they aren't paying attention or when they ride a truck's bumper until the truck tries to pull out to pass another vehicle and they speed up and jam the truck up. Like it or not without trucks this country would fold up and die we move everything. So the next time you are pissed off because you didn't get what you ordered or your groceries are spoiled because they stayed on the truck too long blame the company or yourselves not the driver. The harder you people make it on the driver the longer you're going to have to wait for your goods. And stop picking on the driver go to the source of the problems and tHat is the company!!!!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine