U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 08-09-2006, 10:09 PM

7 posts, read 28,083 times
Default Driving Directions to Ocean City

Have checked Mapquest,AAA,Yahoo & they all give directions going thru Delaware to get to OC from Pa. I'm looking for directions from Pa to Maryland using 695west &97 south. Starting out from Williamsport,Pa. Thanks!
Quick reply to this message

Old 08-09-2006, 10:19 PM

2,094 posts, read 4,424,573 times
I may be wrong, but you may still have to go through part of Delaware anyway to get to Ocean City. It's a penninsula with Ocean City being at the tip. Anything above Ocean City is DE (Fenwick, Bethany, etc.) you have to go through those to get to OC. All I know is it's Route 1 (may even be Rte. 113 to Rte. 1 from where you are, but not sure). If you avoid the beach resorts, you can probably come down through Maryland to cross over the route 50 bridge into OC (from Salisbury, MD) or the route 94 bridge (where the racetrack is...I think it's Delmarva Downs) but I don't know what other roads there are or if you're going completely out of your way. Did you try Expedia???? They usually give good directions. Otherwise contact the convention center in OC, they can answer anything!

Old 08-10-2006, 10:12 AM

7 posts, read 28,083 times
I know there were directions thru Harrisburg,outer loop of Baltimore & across Bay bridge to 50 but wonder why they don't route that way anymore?

Old 08-10-2006, 12:03 PM

350 posts, read 1,161,232 times
You can take 97 to rte 50 all the way to OC. Pay attention to the signs on rte50- you have to take a ramp at one point because of the new road, but the signs are easy to follow if you pay attention!

Old 08-11-2006, 10:55 AM

262 posts, read 1,538,694 times
Post another tip

695 -> 97 -> 50 works great. Just make sure to pay attention to two things:

1) 50 travels along with 301 and the two routes split near Queenstown, MD. Make sure to stay on 50. It's clearly marked but I've heard of a few people botching this because signs on 301 start to direct you towards Ocean City, NJ if you miss your turn.

2) You can take Route 90 around Salisbury to enter Ocean City in the higher street #'s (around 70th) to avoid a lot of the lights and traffic on Coastal Highway, unless of course you are planning to head in at the low streets (boardwalk area).

Have fun!!!!

Old 12-07-2006, 09:31 AM

3 posts, read 10,603 times
Default 2oodles

Quote:
Originally Posted by pkoons View Post
695 -> 97 -> 50 works great. Just make sure to pay attention to two things:

1) 50 travels along with 301 and the two routes split near Queenstown, MD. Make sure to stay on 50. It's clearly marked but I've heard of a few people botching this because signs on 301 start to direct you towards Ocean City, NJ if you miss your turn.

2) You can take Route 90 around Salisbury to enter Ocean City in the higher street #'s (around 70th) to avoid a lot of the lights and traffic on Coastal Highway, unless of course you are planning to head in at the low streets (boardwalk area).

Have fun!!!!
Ok, PLEASE. You'll never get to Ocean City that way. #97 empties onto #50 (East) shortly before the Bay Bridge. She's right about the #50/#301 split. Just stay to the right as it curves and you'll be fine. (Right after the curve are great Tanger Outlets at Queenstown on the left. Shop, shop, shop). You'll go through Easton, then Cambridge, then just before Salisbury there is a veer left onto the Salisbury Bypass. It cuts about 10-15 minutes off the trip. Watch for the signs pointing you back onto #50 East. Before the Berlin exits there will be an exit for #90 (all these are well marked) to North Ocean City or Ocean Pines. This will end at Coastal Hwy and 62nd Street in Ocean City.

If you have time, make a right at Coastal Hwy., another right on 60th Street, park, and have a drink while watching the sunset at Fager's Island.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland