U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 06-22-2007, 08:00 AM

1 posts, read 6,756 times

Advertisements

I'm hoping someone out there has had some recent experience with children's day camps in the Salisbury area. My 5 year old son is attending a camp right now, but I'm not sure its the best option for his age group. The camp takes kids ages 5-13 and right now the bulk of the kids he's with are 8 -13 years old. He is the youngest (he's the only boy under age 8) and that sometimes makes it difficult for him to keep up, understand the games, join in the conversation, etc. He keeps trying though and says he likes the camp, though he is scared some of the older kids might hurt him (mostly by accident, but there is one bully in the group).

My husband and I both work full time, so we need a safe place for him to have fun all summer. We did some research and found very few camps that were all day (without an arm and a leg in extra fees for drop offs before 9 or pick ups after 3) and all summer.

Any suggestions? We're aware of the programs at the YMCA (I've heard mixed reviews), Parks and Rec and the Salisbury School's Camp Odyssey. Are there others? What have you heard or experienced with either those listed or others that I'm not aware of?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-15-2007, 11:38 AM

9 posts, read 19,488 times
Default re: day camps

Have you looked at Flora's Fitness in Fruitland? I believe they have programs for children of all ages?

Old 06-06-2008, 07:38 AM

1 posts, read 6,387 times
Unhappy 5 year olds

I have a 5 year old also and a 8 month old but I have decided to stay at home for now until she gets in school full time next year only because its very hard to trust anyone anymore and 5 is very young but I havent heard any good reviews about the camps for a 5 year old but have heard good things for oder children. Sorry not much help

Old 05-29-2012, 08:33 AM

1 posts, read 1,778 times
I have a 14 year old. Most camps stop keeping kids after 13. Anyone have any idea where we can send him this summer?

Old 05-30-2012, 01:49 PM

1 posts, read 1,752 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ull3222 View Post
I have a 14 year old. Most camps stop keeping kids after 13. Anyone have any idea where we can send him this summer?
Hello ull3222, in the above posts you will find a lot of information about our summer camp at Mitchell's Martial Arts here in Salisbury, MD. Our summer camp is primarily designed for children up to the age of 13. HOWEVER, we have some very exciting news! We accept older kids into our fantastic Leadership and Assistant Camp Couselor program. Our program called CAMP X is for older kids and they get to participate in a lot of exciting things such as laser tag, go-carts, water parks, and paintball! We know your child will have a blast here this summer SO, Please call us today at 410-341-0333 and we will be happy to answer your questions and schedule an appointment for your family to tour our facility.

SalisburyMartialArts.com

410-341-0333

Thank you and we look forward to meeting your family.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland