Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-19-2010, 11:59 AM

6,569 posts, read 11,233,872 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jassis View Post
Thanks for your input jayman and no offense taken!

I've checked out areas such as rockville and I did see some good hoods. The problem is that we are moving from LA, CA and are trying to be in area that is less congested then silver S or rockville. We enjoy the feeling of quietness. In LA commuting to my previous job it would take me about 45 mins to 1hr. Commuting only 13 miles.
Hey - I think I chimed in on your other thread on MC vs. HC.

The western part of Rockville (where it borders Potomac/N. Potomac) is much quieter and the schools are also very good. Not sure what your housing budget is (as it's pricey), but it may be worth a look. Ellicott city is great and all - but the other poster said it all, its it worth having that quietness if you can't be around to enjoy it?

Check out the neighborhoods in the area bordered by Shady Grove Rd, Lakewood Country club, and Glen Mill. Part of it is in Potomac, and part of it is in Rockville.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-19-2010, 09:24 PM

512 posts, read 1,632,916 times
jassis I understand while DC's traffic isn't as bad as LA it's still one of the worst in the nation. A lot of people in this area travel at least 45 mins to get to there jobs. Most of the jobs are placed in either Northern Va or Downtown D.C. So for those of us who live even 15 miles it still takes us at the very least 45 mins with traffic.

With that said the congestion aspect is something that is something that you will endure whether you live in Ellicott City or Rockville/Silver Spring area. But at least with Rockville and Silver Spring you can hop on the metro and you don't have to deal with the traffic in that regards. I do understand your logic and just wanting to live in a peaceful community.
Rest assure you can definitely find what you want in Both Rockville and Silver Spring. The question would be what do you want in a home and what is your budget. Best wishes to you and your family on another chapter in your life.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jassis View Post
Thanks for your input jayman and no offense taken!

I've checked out areas such as rockville and I did see some good hoods. The problem is that we are moving from LA, CA and are trying to be in area that is less congested then silver S or rockville. We enjoy the feeling of quietness. In LA commuting to my previous job it would take me about 45 mins to 1hr. Commuting only 13 miles.

Old 08-13-2011, 06:57 AM

4 posts, read 9,964 times
Does anyone know of any commuter vans that can get you from Baltimore to Suitland Federal Center. Or know anyone that wants to start one.

Old 06-12-2021, 01:28 PM

1 posts, read 368 times
Can you email GISVBAPPLY@gmail.com to discuss the van pool?

Old 06-14-2021, 07:27 PM

5,108 posts, read 6,050,707 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bbmc-math View Post
Can you email GISVBAPPLY@gmail.com to discuss the van pool?

You know it was a 10 year old thread right? I suspect the person has figured out something (and probably changed jobs a time or two since then!

Old 06-17-2021, 03:11 PM

13 posts, read 12,592 times
Ellicott City is a terrible commute to DC. If you are priced out of Montgomery County, the places to look are Fairfax, Crofton, and Fulton (also in Howard County like Elliott City).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland