U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-25-2018, 02:57 PM

4,564 posts, read 7,627,687 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steelers10 View Post
http://i.kinja-img.com/gawker-media/...vtdaj21png.png

Steelers & Cowboys are national teams. Their fanbases by far overbound their markets. There are a considerable amount of Steelers & Cowboys fans in the southeast (including Maryland), largely borne out of "protest" to the Redskins
Youzers! Coastal VA and Carolina were Skins country since the days of Sonny Jurgenson until recently. Very shocked they flopped over to the Steelers..........although I am assuming it is a plurality of fans, not anything close to a majority.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-18-2018, 12:02 PM

5,292 posts, read 5,278,371 times
[quote]Maryland is known for crabs, definitely crabs. [/QUOTE

*Aren't you tired of only being known for this, and not too much of anything else?!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigCityDreamer View Post
Maryland is known for crabs, definitely crabs.

But seriously, I think because Maryland is such a varied place and has had such a diverse history, it's hard to pigeonhole it.

Baltimore is an industrial city and a major port. Annapolis is maritime, as is much of the Chesapeake Bay area. The Washington, D.C. suburbs of Maryland have strong ties to that city. Western Maryland is a part of Appalachia. There are also lots of farms and wineries all over Maryland. Then you have the Atlantic coast.

Overall, the majority of Marylanders are associated with the Washington, D.C. - Baltimore metropolitan area. Still, the question is - which part of Maryland and which Marylanders are we talking about?

Old 02-20-2018, 06:56 PM

22,728 posts, read 21,787,854 times
[quote=Infinite_heights77;51065767]
Quote:
Maryland is known for crabs, definitely crabs. [/QUOTE

*Aren't you tired of only being known for this, and not too much of anything else?!!
Do Wisconsinites get tired of being associated with cheese? Not just no, but hell no!

Old 02-21-2018, 03:50 AM

13,831 posts, read 4,093,613 times
[quote=Infinite_heights77;51065767]
Quote:
Maryland is known for crabs, definitely crabs. [/QUOTE

Ocean City, Assateague Island, Dr. Mudd, Calvert Marine Museum,Old Bay seasoning,Historic St. Mary's City etc.

Old 02-21-2018, 08:21 AM

170 posts, read 84,919 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by K-Luv View Post
Five pages and only two posters actually mentioned something that Maryland is "known" for (crabs). Instead, there is post after post discussing topography and demographics with the mandatory inane political comment here and there.

So, as an outsider who has never been to Maryland, here are some things that the state is known for:

John Hopkin's
US Naval Academy/Annapolis
The FDA
The US Census
Goddard Space Center
Crabs
Crime (sorry, but true. This should be #1)

Well, Baltimore is not the whole state, with respect to crime. I would say look no further then who's been running the state for the past 70 plus years for that reason, starts with a big D!

Old 02-21-2018, 08:28 AM

32,131 posts, read 39,225,649 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sunglo1 View Post
Well, Baltimore is not the whole state, with respect to crime. I would say look no further then who's been running the state for the past 70 plus years for that reason, starts with a big D!
The crime rate in just two jurisdictions lands Maryland in the Top 10 Most Dangerous States list year after year.

Just missed it last year, #11

https://247wallst.com/special-report...-in-america/9/

Old 02-21-2018, 11:56 AM

608 posts, read 400,878 times
I used to love Baltimore. I moved here in 1960. Now I hate it here. Crime is out of control, all crime not just murders. Drivers are very dangerous and the police do little. Trash all over the streets. Steal your mail. Something is wrong. Although I see most people in Baltimore as very nice,friendly and hard working, there is a significant minority who have not been adequately socialized. And the government is totally inept.

Old 02-26-2018, 11:44 AM

That was a corny response, because I know that some Wisconsinites are tire of that labeling themselves, but can't do too much about it

[quote=Gerania;51091369]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Infinite_heights77 View Post

Do Wisconsinites get tired of being associated with cheese? Not just no, but hell no!

Old 02-26-2018, 11:46 AM

Democrats are soley to blame in this instance. Racist conservative whites (who masquerade as liberal/neo-liberal Democrats) are just as responsible for many problems.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunglo1 View Post

Old 05-18-2018, 10:12 AM

172 posts, read 274,075 times
Maryland is known for the Social Security Administration as well. Maryland is one of the few states where recording interactions with the police (pre Alvarez) could have you imprisoned for life. It is also home to Elijah Cummings a Democrat in Congress voted on solely because of the color of his skin who don't want you to record your interactions with the Internal Revenue Service and quite a few years back he was on the House floor in Congress, on C-SPAN affirm such.

Is home to Larry, a Democrat who lives in Chevy Chase, who works 4 days a week at the Department of No Energy. Larry called in several years back to the Mark Levin show stating the free market sucks, and he works for a department that produces no energy for only 4 days a week.

In Maryland, it is illegal to record calls without the other parties consent and offers strict jail time where you can serve more time than the average bank robber.

It is also home of Senator Cardin who is a real piece of work, hates Trump, and hates America.

It's a real S-0-hole.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland