U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-26-2007, 08:31 AM

25 posts, read 82,313 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xusnatc View Post
Let me say this and you can take it for what it's worth. PG County is a NO-WAY !! Folks are moving out of PG County because of the crime. Dont even consider it.
Charles County is so darn busy with traffic and strip mall's that I wouldn't even consider anywhere near Charles County. Charles Counties crime is on the rise also. Yea,......you could get further south into Charles County, but remember your travels northbound would be ridiculous during rush hour.

I would pick either Anne Arundel or Calvert County. Much much nicer and very very safe compared to the others mentioned. Congrats getting off of the Island. We use to live up their (Suffolk County) and we hated everything about Long Island. Rude people, High Taxes, and the price of houses were pathetic.
Bust on Long Island all you want, ignoramus. Enjoy your horrible pizza and delis and pathetic excuses for sports teams in Maryland. Oh, and it's not rudeness, it's personality, which hasn't made it down to Maryland yet. Also, learn how to spell "there."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-26-2007, 09:11 AM

2,968 posts, read 4,068,728 times
Hahaha, nothing says culture like the ubiquitous pizza pie and deli sandwich. Give me a Maryland crabcake or fried oyster anyday.

Oh yeah, we all know what great success the Giants, Jets, Knicks, Nets, and local college teams up there have. The only sport where NY can compete is baseball where they can just buy all the best players. We have all seen how well that has worked lately.

Old 07-26-2007, 10:48 PM

11 posts, read 35,641 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by notdancingqueen View Post
There are 2 log cabins in my severna park neighborhood, though none are for sale. You can find some if you look hard - mostly in older neighborhoods, or off on their own not really in a development. Post and beam construction is gaining ground, too, by people who want more charm and class than the ca-chunk ca-chunk stamped out exactly-the-same, no character, brick-faced homes that you see all over the place now.

I grew up in Glen Head in nassau county - for 20 years I've said my favorite view of LI is in the rearview mirror. ;-)
Looking foward to seeing LI in my rearview mirror too! ;-)

Just finding a Log home for my lenders "Comparables" to compare to is a chore. Not many to look at in the area we are searching in. Brandywine seems nice but heard that builders are beginning to get out of control. We are using pgatlas.com. A great tool to use if moving to PGC. And at least buying 1 or more acres for a home we will not be "boxed in". I have seen plenty of nice homes in PGC. The search goes on.

Last edited by CBear2MD; 07-26-2007 at 10:55 PM.. Reason: Typed in wrong web address.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland