U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-18-2010, 11:24 AM

1,472 posts, read 2,610,066 times

Advertisements

I've got a flight out of BWI at around 9:00 PM on Wednesday, November 24th (the night before Thanksgiving). I really nervous about parking. One being parking. Does anyone know if the longterm parking fills up at BWI?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-18-2010, 12:49 PM

6,473 posts, read 10,725,881 times
I've never heard of that happening. There are also a few private lots near the airport that actually beat the long term lot's price by a little bit: https://www.airportfastpark.com/balt...t-parking.aspx

I prefer the private lots. The attendants help you with your bags onto the bus and write down your car's location on a card. When you come back, just call the number on the card when your plane lands and they'll be there for you.

Old 11-18-2010, 04:59 PM

447 posts, read 1,019,747 times
Never heard of that happening either. 800-I FLY BWI is the number you can call for airport information, they may have parking updates. I think 1040 am as you are driving into the airport should keep you updated on parking. Even if you get there and the lots are full, be a "mall stalker" and follow people heading to their car )or ask someone if you can follow them to their space) without making it seem like you are going to jack them. You should be fine. I would advise building in some extra time to find parking.

Old 11-19-2010, 07:06 AM

3,043 posts, read 2,882,659 times
I park in the Overnight parking, even when traveling for a few weeks. It's only $10 a night and closer to the airport than the long term lot.

Old 11-19-2010, 07:55 AM

195 posts, read 656,469 times
There is a ton of parking now at the airport - both short term and long term (which is brand new and huge)

Old 11-21-2010, 01:58 PM

Anyone heard anything about the TSA backups?

Old 11-22-2010, 05:30 AM

3,908 posts, read 7,541,267 times
I had to pick someone up at BWI on Thanksgiving eve once..... it took me about an hour to get through the terminal area. The backup was past Aviation blvd. I know there's been a lot of construction there in the past few years, so I don't know if that was a factor or not. But I basically vowed that I'd never travel to the airport on that day again.

While this has nothing to do with parking availability at the airport, you'll still be riding a shuttle to the airport terminal. So plan accordingly.

Old 11-29-2010, 08:23 AM

Just wanted to let everyone know (for future use) that the long-term BWI parking lots were full and closed when I got there Wednesday night (about 1700 hrs). Fortunately, the daily lot still had about 2,000 spots open so I parked there for about $4.00 more per day. If I had it to do over again I would have reserved space in one of the private lots. It's about the same cost, but at least you can reserve a spot. The BWI parking is just so convenient and I really didn't think those huge long-term lots would be filled.... but they were.

Overall, a really good experience at BWI (as they've all been when I've flown out of BWI). TSA had obviously backed down from the xray/feel up searches (not that they will ever admit it). I sat and watched, at least, 200 people go through TSA screeening and only saw one x-rayed. I could see it on the TSA employees faces when I walked in that they weren't under the stress they would have been if they were still working under the policy that was pre-protest. I'd like to think that they added some discretion, but probably just scaled back or eliminated the random searches.

Old 11-29-2010, 05:30 PM

447 posts, read 1,019,747 times
Holy Cow. Well, good to know for the future.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland