U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-07-2010, 08:20 AM

15,716 posts, read 18,313,292 times

Advertisements

It seems to me that people who live in the Maryland suburbs of Washington, DC have a generally more positive view about Maryland and what it has to offer than those living elsewhere in the state.

Old 12-13-2010, 01:55 PM

708 posts, read 1,113,449 times
Why anyone in their right minds would live in Alaska is behind me. I know they pay their residents to live there in drilling rebates-lol-enough said.

I hate the cold.

Old 12-15-2010, 11:00 AM

9,597 posts, read 10,959,318 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigCityDreamer View Post
It seems to me that people who live in the Maryland suburbs of Washington, DC have a generally more positive view about Maryland and what it has to offer than those living elsewhere in the state.
This is so true. It has to suck for everyone else. DC is booming.

Old 12-15-2010, 11:35 AM

789 posts, read 2,232,456 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by selhars View Post
I'm in MD for my job. And as long as I have a job here I'll be here. If and when that's over I plan to move back to my hometown, Philadelphia. I don't hate MD, don't LOVE it. It just is where I live and work. It's nice enough and has some GREAT things about it. It's sure as he11 where I'd choose to live over some other places.

To be honest I don't see what all the complaints are about MD. This isn't directed at anyone specific at all. But people who don't want to live here, should move. I AM NOT saying that in the tone of 'well if you don't like it here, LEAVE.'

What I mean is people should do what makes them happy. And if there's somewhere else you'd rather live, then start making plans to do that. It may take a year or to to get it set up -- like getting out of debt, selling a few (or a lot) of things to bank roll the change, researching the place you're moving to, scouting out the move, etc.

But you only live once (in this life anyway) -- and if you think your quality of life would be better -- make the change. It's not going to happen by being complacent.

People complain that MD is expensive -- it ain't NYC or Honolulu people! Geez. You want expensive live in Hawaii for a while.

People complain about taxes -- well, on that front, MD isn't NY, CT, or California. You want high taxes try there.

People complain about the state leadership -- NO state has perfect leaders, and besides YOU/WE/SOMEONE just voted O'Malley back in. (The man wasn't in office two weeks the first time before he raised our taxes, and people voted him in -- AGAIN..but I digress...)

If the schools aren't what you want, work to make them better -- or put your kids in private school AND MAKE THE SACRIFICES NECESSARY TO DO THAT.

But please stop whining about MD isn't this or that. (Again, some complaints are on target and valid, but some are just a whiny refrain)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland