U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 12-31-2010, 06:55 AM
 
5,692 posts, read 7,304,241 times
Reputation: 3212

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tecklic View Post
Thanks GoPhils! By town center, I don't mean a mall exactly...just more like a "towne square" type of area with shops, restaurants etc, sometimes a fountain or park.
That's what I thought, but you had me confused because you said "they're found in many suburban towns." Especially in Maryland, that's probably not the case. You also kept mentioning White Marsh, which as HandsUpThumbsDown said, you may not like.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tecklic View Post
In any case, I wanted to ask if anybody had any suggestions for how to go about finding apartments in these areas? I've tried looking on Craigslist but there aren't that many and I was wondering if anybody knew of other places to look. I'm looking for phone numbers of people renting out places so I can call and hopefully visit during my trip to the area next week. Thanks in advance for any help!
Craigslist really is the best place to start, but sometimes you just have to constantly check it in order to find what you really want. If you'll be visiting and driving around, you may be able to find some for rent signs on places. If you're looking for apartment complexes, I usually start on apartmentratings.com
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 12-31-2010, 02:27 PM
 
Location: Maryland: Baltimore and Somerset Counties
51 posts, read 62,076 times
Reputation: 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tecklic View Post
Thanks GoPhils! By town center, I don't mean a mall exactly...just more like a "towne square" type of area with shops, restaurants etc, sometimes a fountain or park.
Sorry, Toto, you're not in the true Northeast anymore! It's funny to me how these people complain expecting that Maryland is SUPPOSED to be like New Jersey. Sorry bout your luck, bro, but if you wanted these things you should have stayed "up there" since it's a lot better "back in Jersey", isn't it?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-31-2010, 02:28 PM
 
Location: Maryland: Baltimore and Somerset Counties
51 posts, read 62,076 times
Reputation: 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by treone View Post
Don't move to maryland. Find a better job man. No town centers down here.
Yes because lack of Northeastern-style town centers makes a state a **** place to live.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-31-2010, 02:31 PM
 
Location: Maryland: Baltimore and Somerset Counties
51 posts, read 62,076 times
Reputation: 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by precator View Post
would be my choice hands down. I just moved here 2 weeks ago and I love it. The only negative here is the pizza really really sucks compared to Jersey. But everything else is great!
What a dumb ass. This is why I hate Jersey transplants. I bet the crabs and sweet corn are s hit in Jersey, too, but I wouldn't go there expecting them to be great and then ***** about it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-31-2010, 02:32 PM
 
Location: Maryland: Baltimore and Somerset Counties
51 posts, read 62,076 times
Reputation: 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tecklic View Post
So far, I am driving down from Jersey and am planning to check out:

Middle River

Stay away from Eastern Baltimore County. We don't want any more transplants and are sick of ex-Jersey residents. Don't believe me, then come on down and speak to Maryland natives- ask em what they think.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-01-2011, 03:55 PM
 
5,692 posts, read 7,304,241 times
Reputation: 3212
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonbailey View Post
Sorry, Toto, you're not in the true Northeast anymore! It's funny to me how these people complain expecting that Maryland is SUPPOSED to be like New Jersey. Sorry bout your luck, bro, but if you wanted these things you should have stayed "up there" since it's a lot better "back in Jersey", isn't it?
One, he never even said he was coming from New Jersey. Chances are he is if he is coming from Fort Monmouth but that may not be the case. And two, never said it was "supposed" to be like New Jersey, he just asked if there were any places like what he described. And actually, a lot of parts of New Jersey don't really have many "town centers" either.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonbailey View Post
What a dumb ass. This is why I hate Jersey transplants. I bet the crabs and sweet corn are s hit in Jersey, too, but I wouldn't go there expecting them to be great and then ***** about it.
And he never said he was "expecting" the pizza to be as good as NJ, just pointing out that it wasn't. Like how you were complaining about people complaining about not having certain things, I'd bet if you moved to NJ (obviously you never would), after awhile you'd talk about how you missed having good crabs and sweet corn.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-01-2011, 09:27 PM
 
Location: Maryland: Baltimore and Somerset Counties
51 posts, read 62,076 times
Reputation: 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoPhils View Post
One, he never even said he was coming from New Jersey.

See his fourth post down in this thread. The gentleman says, quote, "I am driving down from Jersey"
By the way- the only people moving from BRAC are those from the closed base in NJ.
AGAIN, I HIGHY SUGGEST READING COMPREHENSION COURSES FOR YOU AND THE OTHER POSTERS ARGUING WITH MY EVERY STATEMENT.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoPhils View Post
And two, never said it was "supposed" to be like New Jersey, he just asked if there were any places like what he described. And actually, a lot of parts of New Jersey don't really have many "town centers" either.
He was alluding to the fact that Maryland has very few town centers, unlike the true Northeast, and that it was a bad thing. He alluded that we should have more- being a great example of an outsider desiring and urging change.

Again, inference is something they will teach you in your upcoming reading comprehension course.



Quote:
Originally Posted by GoPhils View Post
And he never said he was "expecting" the pizza to be as good as NJ, just pointing out that it wasn't. Like how you were complaining about people complaining about not having certain things, I'd bet if you moved to NJ (obviously you never would), after awhile you'd talk about how you missed having good crabs and sweet corn.
First, it wasn't the same person, it was another poster. (Gosh darn it- again with that comprehension...) Stating you MISS something is a far cry from b itching and saying that "here... the pizza really really sucks compared to Jersey" - that is EXACTLY the kind of ******* "it was better back in Jersey!" attitude that MANY OF US ARE SICK OF. This is EXACTLY a poster situation for the entire REASON I voiced my opinion on these boards. And if you cannot see that this is a transplant bitching about a part of life here and comparing it to how "better it was back there" you TRULY have the mental capacity of a 5 year old.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-02-2011, 07:25 AM
 
5,692 posts, read 7,304,241 times
Reputation: 3212
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonbailey View Post
See his fourth post down in this thread. The gentleman says, quote, "I am driving down from Jersey"
By the way- the only people moving from BRAC are those from the closed base in NJ.
AGAIN, I HIGHY SUGGEST READING COMPREHENSION COURSES FOR YOU AND THE OTHER POSTERS ARGUING WITH MY EVERY STATEMENT.
Sorry I did miss where he said he was driving down from Jersey, but he didn't say that until a later post. But he never did use the phrase BRAC. As I said, most of the people moving to APG now are coming from NJ, but not all of them. For all we know he could've recently graduated from anywhere and just got a job there. And I know you still hate grammar corrections, but if you're going to change the color of a word, you may actually want to spell it correctly.


Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonbailey View Post
He was alluding to the fact that Maryland has very few town centers, unlike the true Northeast, and that it was a bad thing. He alluded that we should have more- being a great example of an outsider desiring and urging change.

Again, inference is something they will teach you in your upcoming reading comprehension course.
OK, so you're allowed to jump to conclusions, but no one else is? I've been inferring many things based only on what you've posted, but if you don't say those exact words then you claim we're putting words in your mouth. In this case, you're doing that exact thing. The OP never mentioned anything about there being a lack of northeastern things in Maryland...a couple responders did, but not the OP. In fact, the only place where he even mentioned anything about the northeast was that one line where he said he'd be driving down from Jersey.


Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonbailey View Post
First, it wasn't the same person, it was another poster. (Gosh darn it- again with that comprehension...) Stating you MISS something is a far cry from b itching and saying that "here... the pizza really really sucks compared to Jersey" - that is EXACTLY the kind of ******* "it was better back in Jersey!" attitude that MANY OF US ARE SICK OF. This is EXACTLY a poster situation for the entire REASON I voiced my opinion on these boards. And if you cannot see that this is a transplant bitching about a part of life here and comparing it to how "better it was back there" you TRULY have the mental capacity of a 5 year old.
I didn't say it was the same person, I was referring to the guy who made that post. You are crazy man. He said he loves living there, the only bad thing is that the pizza isn't as good as NJ. What a freaking complainer!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-02-2011, 11:55 AM
 
Location: Maryland: Baltimore and Somerset Counties
51 posts, read 62,076 times
Reputation: 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoPhils View Post
Sorry I did miss where he said he was driving down from Jersey, but he didn't say that until a later post. But he never did use the phrase BRAC.
The only people moving for APG from Jersey are associated with BRAC.


Quote:
Originally Posted by GoPhils View Post
As I said, most of the people moving to APG now are coming from NJ, but not all of them. For all we know he could've recently graduated from anywhere and just got a job there.
Stop twisting the fact that you neglected to READ AND COMPREHEND that this man is from New Jersey.


Quote:
Originally Posted by GoPhils View Post
And I know you still hate grammar corrections, but if you're going to change the color of a word, you may actually want to spell it correctly.
Snobbery at it's best.






Quote:
Originally Posted by GoPhils View Post
The OP never mentioned anything about there being a lack of northeastern things in Maryland...a couple responders did, but not the OP.
Oh, yes he did. The talk about the lack of town centers (a flagship of Northeastern communities). Just because he didn't say the word "northeast" doesn't mean that wasn't what he was referencing. He was referring to the town centers in his northeastern homes state. Get real.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoPhils View Post
In fact, the only place where he even mentioned anything about the northeast was that one line where he said he'd be driving down from Jersey.
Um. If he is from Jersey then all of his references about his prior home are about Jersey.




Quote:
Originally Posted by GoPhils View Post
I didn't say it was the same person, I was referring to the guy who made that post. You are crazy man. He said he loves living there, the only bad thing is that the pizza isn't as good as NJ. What a freaking complainer!
One thing they b itch about leads to a million others. And the fact that he is complaining about the ****ing pizza is enough to **** me off, yes. (Go ahead, say I'm crazy- whoo hoo!)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-02-2011, 02:13 PM
 
Location: North Baltimore ----> Seattle
6,473 posts, read 10,761,284 times
Reputation: 3093
Some pizza recommendations for those used to NJ/NY style: Mr. Cheezy's in eastern Towson (Baynesville), Mama Luccia (33rd and Greenmount, Baltimore City), Zellas (near Hollins Market, Baltimore City).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:


Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

123
Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top