U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-02-2011, 02:10 PM

51 posts, read 61,739 times

Advertisements

And for those interested in real Maryland food- I suggest Lowers Crab Shack in Essex, along with local places on the entire Eastern Shore- save for some spots on Kent Island, Ocean City, and West Ocean City (where you will find commercial and Maryland "style" seafood, which is not the same as actual Maryland seafood). There is a place near Cunningham Falls Park in Frederick County that I ate at when I was a kid that had the BEST corn fritters I've ever had in my life. I don't know what it was called, but it was a small local country buffet type place. I remember it had some sort of little garden with a fountain outside. It was located on a traditional main-street type of road. I haven't been able to find it all these years later. Perhaps somebody more knowledgeable about that part of the state will know what I am talking about.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-02-2011, 05:05 PM

6,473 posts, read 10,738,226 times
I like Old Mill Crab House in Delmar (can't remember on which side of the state line).

Old 01-02-2011, 05:41 PM

5,688 posts, read 7,275,155 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonbailey View Post
The only people moving for APG from Jersey are associated with BRAC.
Not necessarily. As I said, yes, most of the people moving to APG from NJ are with BRAC. I'm not a part of it so I don't know for sure, but I think they're still hiring other people besides those coming from Fort Monmouth, so people from NJ are still allowed to apply for those jobs even if they didn't previously work at Fort Monmouth.

Quote:
Oh, yes he did. The talk about the lack of town centers (a flagship of Northeastern communities). Just because he didn't say the word "northeast" doesn't mean that wasn't what he was referencing. He was referring to the town centers in his northeastern homes state. Get real.
Yes, he was probably referencing town centers in the northeast. But he never said anything about a lack of them in Maryland. He was simply asking if there was anything like that here.

Old 01-02-2011, 10:20 PM

5 posts, read 8,823 times
Wow...Not sure how this argument got started, but as the OP I should clarify that I live outside of Chicago and have lived there for most of my life, and that I just graduated from college and got hired to start at APG in a few weeks. I was driving down from Jersey because I was visiting friends who currently work at Ft. Monmouth and we were all driving down to Maryland together...I thought it was relevant because someone might be able to give me the best route to visit the towns from that starting point. Not that I think there is anything wrong with relocating from NJ, but I just want to point out that that is not my situation.

I sincerely apologize if I said something offensive. I went to school in PA and a nearby town had a "town center" which I enjoyed visiting...I had no idea they were particular to the northeast or that Maryland didn't have many. Actually during my trip this week I noticed that many, if not most, of the towns DID have "town centers" (or at least areas labeled that). I find this entire argument very confusing.

Old 01-03-2011, 09:31 AM

5,688 posts, read 7,275,155 times
Well it appears Jason Bailey is no longer with us, so I guess the argument is over. He just kept saying how he hated out of state transplants, especially those from the Northeast. He never mentioned anything about Chicago, so not sure how he'd feel about you (not that it matters).

So what'd you think of the places you visited?

Old 01-03-2011, 09:34 AM

6,473 posts, read 10,738,226 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tecklic View Post
I sincerely apologize if I said something offensive. .
No need to apologize. I apologize on behalf of those less welcoming.

Old 01-10-2011, 11:20 AM

19 posts, read 34,239 times
Default JasonBailey

[/quote] One thing they b itch about leads to a million others. And the fact that he is complaining about the ****ing pizza is enough to **** me off, yes. (Go ahead, say I'm crazy- whoo hoo!)[/quote]

Oh lets face it... NJ (actually NY) pizza is so much better than ANYWHERE including MD but hands down you got us beat on the crab cakes... AND I am actually beginning to like Old Bay and sorry to disappoint you but I am a NJ transplant also. Gotta go where the jobs are - we are leaving our families for the unknown but we have to look at it as new adventure. I am moving from Central Jersey (one of the busiest place in NJ) and moving to Port Deposit. Go figure... looking forward to some peace and quiet and hopefully we will be able to find it there....

Old 02-24-2011, 08:27 AM

13 posts, read 21,894 times
I love Port Deposit!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or