U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-29-2013, 05:55 PM

8,385 posts, read 9,950,866 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Lennox 70 View Post
Well the fact that so many people want to have no religion at all in influencing politics is a decidedly non-Southern trait. In the South its given that abortion and gay marriage are religiously driven issues.

Also no Southern state is THIS welcoming to illegal aliens, even willing to see a 2.4% increase in college tuition going toward these illegal Dreamers.
Maryland is by far the most liberal state in the entire Mid-Atlantic region.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-29-2013, 10:03 PM

6,547 posts, read 11,621,205 times
Virginia has repeatedly tried to pass laws banning illegal aliens from attending state schools while we are welcoming illegals with open arms. Maybe its gay marriage and the Obama reelection bring lots of liberals to the polls, but by 60% Marylanders decided to give college freebees to illegal aliens.

Now there is a 2.4% increase in college tuition to make up for the losses that the Illegal alien Dream Act will cost the state.

Old 06-30-2013, 04:27 PM

1,736 posts, read 1,417,981 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Lennox 70 View Post
Well the fact that so many people want to have no religion at all in influencing politics is a decidedly non-Southern trait. In the South its given that abortion and gay marriage are religiously driven issues.

Also no Southern state is THIS welcoming to illegal aliens, even willing to see a 2.4% increase in college tuition going toward these illegal Dreamers.
TX was one of the first states to pass a "Dream Act" similar to MD's dream act. It has been law there for more than a decade I believe.

Old 07-07-2013, 12:39 PM

12 posts, read 14,692 times
Md. is schizo. Its neither here nor there.

Old 07-09-2013, 05:52 AM

1,196 posts, read 2,007,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by e30is View Post
TX was one of the first states to pass a "Dream Act" similar to MD's dream act. It has been law there for more than a decade I believe.
That is only because Texas borders Mexico.

Old 07-20-2013, 03:39 PM

17 posts, read 23,203 times
Default md

The whole state would have been southern but they could not let Washington go so they arrested all the politicians so they could vote to succeed. Maryland East of the Chesapeake Bay is a different state. The kosher boys take their yarmulkes off when they cross the Chesapeake Bay Bridge East bound.

Old 07-20-2013, 03:43 PM

Default md

Maryland has a more southern feel on the Eastern Shore. I would side with the confederates. They had a legit cause to succeed.

Old 07-20-2013, 03:45 PM

Default md

Maryland has a more of a Latin feel since we have chicken plants, truck crops and seafood processing. They have taken over those trade, but white women are so stupid. If you shuck oysters or pick crabs you can make $35 an hour and what job pays that. You go shuck oysters for 6 hours and make $200 and no job will pay tat jac.

Old 07-22-2013, 06:46 AM

905 posts, read 2,216,570 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wino8660 View Post
Maryland has a more southern feel on the Eastern Shore. I would side with the confederates. They had a legit cause to succeed.
If you don't know the difference between succeed and secede you probably belong with the south...

Old 08-08-2013, 09:05 AM

386 posts, read 530,795 times
Dont know why I let myself get drawn back here but oh well. While I have always identified with the south and I fit in most everywhere in dixie I understand there are some who dont and most would be transplants or kids of transplants. I love how our state is always defined by others and then the ignoramus's take it for gospel. I also love how a 50/50 red/blue state can be so overwhelmingly stereotyped like it has in this thread. Look Im a gun toting God fearing polite man. If you met me youd not think I was from Maryland...but I am.

Stop using monolithic ideas to identify a state in a region. Its wrong whether you know it or not. I guess Im just saddened as I identify with the south and when Im anywhere else in the south I fit in, yet some would say Im a yankee at the mention of my home despite 2 seconds earlier considering me a southerner. When I go to the northeast (like I will be this weekend) I wont fit in and they will just chuckle at the silly southerner. In the north Im a southerner, in other southern states Im a southerner until I mention my home to a select few elitist southerners. So maybe Ill just identify as mid Atlantic (MD/VA/WV/NC(since some seem to not count NC at times)) and DO NOT try and put NJ/PA/NY in that region.... Oh and more people then you think also identify with the south here...

Also not everyone in the south thinks the same politically. I guess since NC went blue in 2012 its no longer southern as well as Virginia practically was blue. So stip living in fairytale land where you think every southerner thinks EXACTLY the same. There are those of us that believe in Gay marriage or dream act (Im against the latter) and some who voted for Obummer. The south is not monolithic never was and never will be either.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tercel95 View Post
If you don't know the difference between succeed and secede you probably belong with the south...
Rude. You're definitely the epitome of damn yankee! Oh and just an FYI people from the north make mistakes typing too.

Last edited by andrew_s; 08-08-2013 at 09:16 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or