U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 03-10-2011, 03:28 PM
 
Location: Edgemere, Maryland
501 posts, read 956,060 times
Reputation: 175

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMV View Post
I TOTALLY Concur my frriend. ,-- Notice I deliberately misspelled the word friend. Now watch MDGuy99 start some stuff about my spelling and how it makes me so inferior again LOL.
Nobody is taking your side, bud. Your posts were extremely immature.
Quick reply to this message

 
Old 03-10-2011, 03:29 PM
 
Location: Cumberland
4,564 posts, read 7,630,675 times
Reputation: 2790
Quote:
Originally Posted by DMV View Post
I TOTALLY Concur my frriend. ,-- Notice I deliberately misspelled the word friend. Now watch MDGuy99 start some stuff about my spelling and how it makes me so inferior again LOL.
Hey, I don't want to take sides here, just stop to the two of you from getting this thread frozen.

We are on page what, 24 now? By now everybody has had their say. DMV has had his, hitek had his (who, by the way, I found to be very useful in this discussion because he is from SO far north of Maryland), MDguy99 has had his, I have had mine. We don't all agree, but everyone has added something to be debate, right?

Last edited by westsideboy; 03-10-2011 at 03:39 PM..
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-10-2011, 03:31 PM
DMV
 
Location: Washington, DC
559 posts, read 914,237 times
Reputation: 124
Quote:
Originally Posted by MDguy99 View Post
You were claiming that hitek couldn't possibly know what you know as far as Southerners' views on Marylanders. It is clear for all to see. I never became a ***** about spelling until you started getting cocky to him.
Yeah, but you misinterpreted what I meant when I said that. What I meant when I said that hitek didn't know what we knew I was saying that because we're actually from Maryland, not because he is or was inferior knowledge wise Overall. Its just that since I'm from MD I know where we stand Culturally VS some outsider stating his or her opinion about where I live.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-10-2011, 03:32 PM
 
Location: Washington D.C. By way of Texas
18,237 posts, read 25,935,555 times
Reputation: 9002
hitek,

Quote:
Plus, the native blacks in DC are southern with most of their roots being from North Carolina. The natives there are laid back, have very southern dialects, into chevy caprices and crown vics, slower way of living, manners, polite and friendly, enjoy down home cooking and cuisine. They just have an overall southern quality overall than the cities you named. Plus most of the blacks there claim the south there more than the whites do.
I don't know what DC you have been to. But this does not describe Black Washingtonians. Friendly? Ha. Slower pace of living? LMAO. Manners? Get real. Southern dialects? Where. Blacks in DC are not lazy with their tongues and they don't drag out the words like Southerners do. Living in the DC area for five years, what you described is the exact opposite of what I experienced in DC during that time. BTW, every major city that has a large black population enjoys down home cooking and cuisine. But I grew up in Texas and lived in South Florida and spent countless times in other places throughout the South. Blacks in DC are hardly like any of them. The closest you can say is Southern Virginia. That's it.

I missed the last part in bold. No Blacks in Washington did not. They claimed DC. The Mid-Atlantic. The middle of the country. They never claimed either North or South when I was there. They didn't even think of it for that matter.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-10-2011, 03:32 PM
 
Location: Edgemere, Maryland
501 posts, read 956,060 times
Reputation: 175
Quote:
Originally Posted by westsideboy View Post
Hey, I don't want to take sides here, just stop to the two of you from getting this thread frozen.

We are only page what, 24 now? By now everybody has had their say. DMV has had his, hitek had his (who, by the way, I found to be very useful in this discussion because he is from SO far north of Maryland), MDguy99 has had his, I have had mine. We don't all agree, but everyone has added something to be debate, right?
Yes, but no BS comment should go unchecked.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-10-2011, 03:34 PM
 
Location: Edgemere, Maryland
501 posts, read 956,060 times
Reputation: 175
Quote:
Originally Posted by DMV View Post
Yeah, but you misinterpreted what I meant when I said that. What I meant when I said that hitek didn't know what we knew I was saying that because we're actually from Maryland, not because he is or was inferior knowledge wise Overall. Its just that since I'm from MD I know where we stand Culturally VS some outsider stating his or her opinion about where I live.

See, you think you know where we stand culturally. I disagree with your viewpoint, but, it isn't that. You claimed that you knew what OUTSIDERS thought of Maryland. hitek IS an outsider and you claimed he didn't know! lol.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-10-2011, 03:34 PM
DMV
 
Location: Washington, DC
559 posts, read 914,237 times
Reputation: 124
Quote:
Originally Posted by westsideboy View Post
Hey, I don't want to take sides here, just stop to the two of you from getting this thread frozen.

We are only page what, 24 now? By now everybody has had their say. DMV has had his, hitek had his (who, by the way, I found to be very useful in this discussion because he is from SO far north of Maryland), MDguy99 has had his, I have had mine. We don't all agree, but everyone has added something to be debate, right?
Fair enough. We'll all just have to agree to disagree, but like Westsideboy said, enough with all the Attacks.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-10-2011, 03:36 PM
 
Location: Edgemere, Maryland
501 posts, read 956,060 times
Reputation: 175
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spade View Post
I grew up in Texas and lived in South Florida and spent countless times in other places throughout the South. Blacks in DC are hardly like any of them. The closest you can say is Southern Virginia. That's it.
South Florida and parts of Texas are NOT Southern culturally. Perhaps this is why black people in DC are not the same as them culturally, in your opinion.

Also, when I was in Atlanta, the African-Americans I encountered were quite brash and self-centered. I guess it's perspective.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-10-2011, 03:41 PM
DMV
 
Location: Washington, DC
559 posts, read 914,237 times
Reputation: 124
Quote:
Originally Posted by MDguy99 View Post
See, you think you know where we stand culturally. I disagree with your viewpoint, but, it isn't that. You claimed that you knew what OUTSIDERS thought of Maryland. hitek IS an outsider and you claimed he didn't know! lol.
Yeah, but I only claimed that he couldn't possibly know about a culture that I LIVE IN on a daily basis as good as I can, which only makes sense. I can neither tell him that I know more about the state that he/she grew up in more than he/she does when he was born and raised there as well, get it? You can never tell someone regardless of what you read in the books, or your few visits that has to experience that Cultural lifestyle first hand that you know more about where he/she lives. It just doesn't work like that. Now do you understand where I'm coming from?
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-10-2011, 03:45 PM
DMV
 
Location: Washington, DC
559 posts, read 914,237 times
Reputation: 124
Quote:
Originally Posted by DMV View Post
Yeah, but I only claimed that he couldn't possibly know about a culture that I LIVE IN on a daily basis as good as I can, which only makes sense. I can neither tell him that I know more about the state that he/she grew up in more than he/she does when he was born and raised there as well, get it? You can never tell someone regardless of what you read in the books, or your few visits that has to experience that Cultural lifestyle first hand that you know more about where he/she lives. It just doesn't work like that. Now do you understand where I'm coming from?
Thats like if you grew up in the Forrest all your life, but your trying to tell the lion in the jungle that he doesn't know more about where he lives more than you, just because you've been to the jungle before LOL.
Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


 
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

123
Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top