U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-08-2011, 09:31 AM
(-)

690 posts, read 1,587,090 times

Advertisements

i think the proper thing to ask is:

1. what's your budget
2. what part of dc will your wife work

those two things are very important

i agree with other posters that huntingtown is a great option but you'd need a great budget to live there. it's like someone suggesting manhattan or beverly hills as a desirable location. great if you can afford it. there are other affordable options in calvert as well.

also

it really depends on what part of dc your wife works in. a commute to south east dc via pennsylvania ave is way different than a commute to 16th street nw dc.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-10-2011, 12:24 PM

770 posts, read 3,344,942 times
I would hardly compare Huntingtown to Manhattan or Beverly Hills....wow totally different picture! I live in Maryland and Huntingtown houses go for about 100k less then where I live. I couldn't buy a 4 bedroom, single family home on an acre for land for 285K like my friend just did a few weeks ago

Old 02-14-2011, 12:13 PM
(-)

690 posts, read 1,587,090 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Njrover0216 View Post
I would hardly compare Huntingtown to Manhattan or Beverly Hills....wow totally different picture! I live in Maryland and Huntingtown houses go for about 100k less then where I live. I couldn't buy a 4 bedroom, single family home on an acre for land for 285K like my friend just did a few weeks ago
it's called relative.

in calvert county, huntingtown is considered the most desirable place to live due to location, schools, and reputation.

of course there are higher priced areas in the state of md.

but you'd be hard pressed to find many more places with higher per capita incomes than those in hungtingtown. so while many people overpay to live elsewhere, folks who have means in huntingtown tend to have a better quality of life because they have disposable incomes that can be spent on other things.

Old 02-18-2011, 05:27 PM

52 posts, read 80,934 times
Default Re:

I have to agree with North Beach Person about posting questions on somd online. I read some of the posts now and again and alot of the people on there have nothing better to do other than be rude and go of on some kind of tangent when someone asks a simple question. But somd online has other information that you could look at and get a feel for the area.

Old 04-18-2012, 08:36 AM

4 posts, read 6,278 times
I know I'm a year+ late with my reply, but I would have suggested Owings, in northern Calvert County if you like the country setting. Close to Dunkirk, North Beach, and Chesapeake Beach, reasonably close to DC, Annapolis, Baltimore etc, but plenty of wide open spaces. Bit of a hike from Lusby, but probably a fairly scenic route and compared to what you are used to, a reasonable commute.

Old 04-18-2012, 08:38 AM

4 posts, read 6,278 times
But I agree with the Huntingtown suggestion as well!

Old 04-18-2012, 10:10 AM

770 posts, read 3,344,942 times
I am from the Syracuse, NY area and can not believe you want to go back there? It has gone down hill over the past several years. Good luck with everything! I love living in Maryland and all that it has to offer!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or