U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Closed Thread Start New Thread
 
Old 03-04-2011, 11:28 AM
 
Location: Cumberland
4,564 posts, read 7,630,675 times
Reputation: 2790

Advertisements

This debate isn't going to be settled between you or me, it is settled by experts in the field. If you don't believe in modern genetics, or don't believe that scientific research can be done by white people, you will never break out of your incorrect mode of thinking and live forever in the shadow of ignorance. Learn some science, learn about DNA, specifically about haplotype analysis. Learn how to distinguish between sources, and develop the ability to discern the veracity of different sources.

You have a long way to go. There is a reason the prevailing theory is that the current natives of Egypt and North Africa are the descendants of the ancients, with some mixture with different groups that came later, just like the rest of the Mediterrerean people. Greeks, Romans, Egyptians, Berbers, are all moving targets in terms of their interaction with each other and the neighbors. All groups have added additional diversity since 2000BC. Yet, the DNA evidence is clear that "The DNA evidence of the remains of pyramid workers from 2600 BC and the blood group distribution showed that the ancient Egyptians were essentially the same as modern Egyptians." The data is also clear that there is a distinct North Africa genetic profile that is not Arab.


Modern science and historical scholarship does not support your theory of massive displacement of "black Africans" by lighter skinned "Arabs" after the fall of ancient "black" Egypt. Call it a big racist conspiracy if you want, but to me, your ferocity in trying to prove all of Africa was "black" until the "the man" started showing up shows your racial agenda far more than mine.

It does a great disservice to your contitnent to insist upon this. Diversity is what makes Africa special, and that diversity includes light/tan/bronze skinned natives with typical Caucausian features that have inhabited the area north of the Sahara since the beginning of ancient history.

Do they look like Germans? Heck no, but again you can't apply a double standard here. You are quick to embrace anyone with dark skin as being black African, even though different black tribal groups look radically different from each other in regard to facial shape, nose width, hair type, height, even the darkness of their skin. It is unfair to pigeonhole the Caucausian race into such a narrow box, while being so welcoming with your own group. Again, it smacks of the very kind of racism you claim to be "exposing" in modern scholarship and science.

 
Old 03-04-2011, 06:31 PM
 
314 posts, read 621,625 times
Reputation: 118
Quote:
Originally Posted by westsideboy View Post
This debate isn't going to be settled between you or me, it is settled by experts in the field. If you don't believe in modern genetics, or don't believe that scientific research can be done by white people, you will never break out of your incorrect mode of thinking and live forever in the shadow of ignorance. Learn some science, learn about DNA, specifically about haplotype analysis. Learn how to distinguish between sources, and develop the ability to discern the veracity of different sources.

You have a long way to go. There is a reason the prevailing theory is that the current natives of Egypt and North Africa are the descendants of the ancients, with some mixture with different groups that came later, just like the rest of the Mediterrerean people. Greeks, Romans, Egyptians, Berbers, are all moving targets in terms of their interaction with each other and the neighbors. All groups have added additional diversity since 2000BC. Yet, the DNA evidence is clear that "The DNA evidence of the remains of pyramid workers from 2600 BC and the blood group distribution showed that the ancient Egyptians were essentially the same as modern Egyptians." The data is also clear that there is a distinct North Africa genetic profile that is not Arab.


Modern science and historical scholarship does not support your theory of massive displacement of "black Africans" by lighter skinned "Arabs" after the fall of ancient "black" Egypt. Call it a big racist conspiracy if you want, but to me, your ferocity in trying to prove all of Africa was "black" until the "the man" started showing up shows your racial agenda far more than mine.

It does a great disservice to your contitnent to insist upon this. Diversity is what makes Africa special, and that diversity includes light/tan/bronze skinned natives with typical Caucausian features that have inhabited the area north of the Sahara since the beginning of ancient history.

Do they look like Germans? Heck no, but again you can't apply a double standard here. You are quick to embrace anyone with dark skin as being black African, even though different black tribal groups look radically different from each other in regard to facial shape, nose width, hair type, height, even the darkness of their skin. It is unfair to pigeonhole the Caucausian race into such a narrow box, while being so welcoming with your own group. Again, it smacks of the very kind of racism you claim to be "exposing" in modern scholarship and science.

Nah this debate already over and won by me.....When fools such as yourself can't refute Ancient Egyptians/North Africans or other Ancient black people's people's obvious black origins you always fall back on flawed genetics studies created by Eurocentric scholars as a last leg of defense despite their claims contradicting common sense and recorded history......I'll take the Ancient Egyptians black interpretations of themselves over modern whiteman made pseudoscience anyday..

Yeah that theory is based on Eurocentric scholars whom unfortunately run the scientific field attempts to whitewash the Ancient Egyptians among other prominent African/black people in history for centuries now...I've acknowledged that some of the current descendents of Ancient Egyptians and other North Africans still live in the region but only the blacks..The arabs and Euro decent people are seeds of invaders of the region..People who live along the Mediterranean have never been one cohesive ethnic group not in the past or even now....I Ancient times all the people in North Africa were black now they are a mix of arabs, blacks, and people of European heritage to an smaller extinct...Southern Europe is and always has been predominantly white/Caucasian.

You need to look harder...Ancient Egypt and North Africa being conquered by Middle Eastern Islamist is recorded historical facts...Most North Africans rightfully consider themselves arabs for this reason...Facts are the earliest self depictions of North Africans(Ancient Egyptians included) by themselves and descriptions by foreign explorers were of black people...Infact several North African nations Morocco, Mauritania, and Ancient Egypt's original name(Kemet) all meant land of blacks..It wasn't until foreign invasion and conquest by Eurasians did North Africa get so racially diverse.

No it's an insult to native and Ancient Africans trying to give away Africa's history to alien Eurasians settlers whom have historically been bitter enemies and later oppressors of the native black North Africans.

Uh...No one's pigeonholing the white race..I've acknowledged that Southern Europeans are white and not so sure they have their darker features cause of mixture with Africans which is widely theorized though it's been well documented that the region was a stronghold of the Moors for 700yrs and Moors no doubt had their way with some Southern European women in their territory...What I said I follow the traditional meaning of Caucasian which is European decent people with roots around the Caucasus Mountains...There are these type of people in North Africa such as the Amizagh whom most likely arrived in the region from Southern Europe as slaves of arabs and Moors..They aren't native to North Africa nor are the arabs...The only natives are the black tribes..get it?
 
Old 03-04-2011, 06:39 PM
 
Location: Cumberland
4,564 posts, read 7,630,675 times
Reputation: 2790
Quote:
Originally Posted by brother's keeper View Post
Nah this debate already over and won by me.....When fools such as yourself can't refute Ancient Egyptians/North Africans or other Ancient black people's people's obvious black origins you always fall back on flawed genetics studies created by Eurocentric scholars

Well if I "lost" because I am quoting science, genetic analysis, and accepting the view of the overwhelming majority of peer reviewed scholarship, then I have to question whether you are even on my playing field.
 
Old 03-04-2011, 08:02 PM
 
314 posts, read 621,625 times
Reputation: 118
Quote:
Originally Posted by westsideboy View Post
Well if I "lost" because I am quoting science, genetic analysis, and accepting the view of the overwhelming majority of peer reviewed scholarship, then I have to question whether you are even on my playing field.
Nah you lost for taking illogical theories, flawed pseudo scientific studies that have obviously been influenced by bias and revisionary history as gospel over common sense and overwhelming documented historical facts which contradicts everything you believe in...That's okay cause I question your intelligence if you really buy any of that crap about tanned native North African Ancient Egyptian Caucasians
 
Old 03-04-2011, 11:01 PM
 
55 posts, read 319,825 times
Reputation: 44
"I'll take the Ancient Egyptians black interpretations of themselves over modern whiteman made pseudoscience anyday..." "....Eurocentric scholars whom unfortunately run the scientific field attempts to whitewash the Ancient Egyptians..." lol :-)

What's the underlying psychological issue, Brother's Keeper? You simply hate the white devils and their lies? It sounds like you may have bought into some mythology yourself...
 
Old 03-05-2011, 07:37 AM
 
Location: Cumberland
4,564 posts, read 7,630,675 times
Reputation: 2790
Quote:
Originally Posted by brother's keeper View Post
Nah you lost for taking illogical theories, flawed pseudo scientific studies that have obviously been influenced by bias and revisionary history as gospel over common sense and overwhelming documented historical facts which contradicts everything you believe in...That's okay cause I question your intelligence if you really buy any of that crap about tanned native North African Ancient Egyptian Caucasians
Go take college level Bio 101 and Historical Research Methods 201 and call me in the morning *yawn*
 
Old 03-05-2011, 09:19 AM
 
314 posts, read 621,625 times
Reputation: 118
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorgeSpelvin View Post
"I'll take the Ancient Egyptians black interpretations of themselves over modern whiteman made pseudoscience anyday..." "....Eurocentric scholars whom unfortunately run the scientific field attempts to whitewash the Ancient Egyptians..." lol :-)

What's the underlying psychological issue, Brother's Keeper? You simply hate the white devils and their lies? It sounds like you may have bought into some mythology yourself...
The isssue is i'm tired of Eurocentric culture vultures trying to whitewash my black/African history...There is hardly anything mythical about the the Ancient Egyptians African and black origin...Only a racist with an agenda would deny the obvious
 
Old 03-05-2011, 09:23 AM
 
314 posts, read 621,625 times
Reputation: 118
Quote:
Originally Posted by westsideboy View Post
Go take college level Bio 101 and Historical Research Methods 201 and call me in the morning *yawn*
If you say so but taking those courses wouldn't change any of the facts I stated
 
Old 03-05-2011, 09:31 AM
 
Location: Carolina
426 posts, read 663,560 times
Reputation: 285
Thread started out excellent, some really interesting reading in the begining.
 
Old 03-05-2011, 12:10 PM
 
1,009 posts, read 1,850,856 times
Reputation: 1423
Default Not much of question

Quote:
Originally Posted by brother's keeper View Post
The isssue is i'm tired of Eurocentric culture vultures trying to whitewash my black/African history...There is hardly anything mythical about the the Ancient Egyptians African and black origin...Only a racist with an agenda would deny the obvious
It's not necessary to discuss Ancient Egyptians or present-day Ethiopians in the context of contemporary American racial ideology. Above is a picture of a couple of clearly westernized Ethiopian women. Below are pictographs of Ancient Egyptians. It is not as if these people didn't paint pictures of themselves that have been preserved in full color. I don't see where the debate even comes in. Please see samples of pictures below which are easily accessible from anywhere, including everyone's favorite: Wikipedia.

Of note, Ancient Egyptians never called themselves "Egyptians" and never heard the word. By the time the Greeks overran the declining civilization of Kemet and named their new province "Aigyptos" (Aegyptus) after the figure from Greek mythology who ruled over what we now call Arabia, this pyramid-building civilization had long-since been altered and had become quite multicultural. Race does not biologically exist. It is a social construction always used as a means to satisfy an agenda.




Last edited by picmod; 01-10-2014 at 10:38 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread


Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

123
Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top