U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-30-2013, 01:53 AM

103 posts, read 217,736 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lvlyjblylulabell View Post
She wasn't asking you which areas were white or black areas. I hope that you are not a teacher with your seemingly prejudiced views. Yes, there are certainly areas in MD to be avoided, but not because there are too many black people living there. Sounds a little racist. I am new to this forum, and I was not expecting to be offended. Thanks for that.
I know! I've been thinking that too. Race has nothing to do with it. Howard County schools have high black populations and are still really good.

As for the PA mom, here are some of the best school districts with affordable homes:

Broadneck High School, Annapolis, Maryland: Greatschools ranking: 9/10. This high school is ranked as one of the best in Maryland, and the second best in Anne Arundel County, (out of 12 high schools). It has great test scores and academics. This high school gathers ids who live in Arnold, MD and parts of Annapolis, MD. Though there are many expensive houses in this cluster, there are also many affordable homes in the cluster, specifically Cape St. Claire. The area is very safe, and near the water

Arundel High School, Gambrills, MD: Greatschools ranking: 9/10. This high school is also ranked as one of the best high schools in Maryland, and the best in Anne Arundel County by greatschools, (out of 12 high schools). It also has some of the best athletics in Maryland. Though there are many expensive houses in this cluster, there are many affordable ones too. Specifically a few neighborhoods in Odenton, MD. The area is safe and near the water. My daughter is also a freshman at Arundel

Severna Park High School, Severna Park, MD Greatschools ranking: 9/10. This high school has amazing fine arts programs. It is ranked as one of the best in Maryland. It is a Maryland and National Blue Ribbon High School. Safe area, near the water. Though there many expensive houses in this cluster there are affordable homes in the cluster too.

South River High School, Edgewater, MD Greatschools ranking: 8/10. This high school is a Maryland Blue Ribbon high school, and ranked as one of the best high schools in Maryland It has great fine arts programs, nice athletics, and great academics. safe area, and near the water. (Though this school does have some problems with racism.)

Walt Whitman High School, Bethesda, Maryland Greatschools rating: 9/10. This school is ranked as one of the best in Maryland. is an amazing high school. the area is safe and near DC. Though there are many expensive homes in this cluster, you can find some affordable homes in the Caderock area.

River Hill High School, Clarksville, MD This high school is ranked as one best high schools in Maryland and one of the best in Howard County
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-30-2013, 08:50 AM

350 posts, read 975,776 times
Quote:
As for the PA mom, here are some of the best school districts with affordable homes:
Quote:
River Hill High School, Clarksville, MD This high school is ranked as one best high schools in Maryland and one of the best in Howard County
Except that River Hill is the LEAST affordable area in Howard County and is one of the least affordable in the entire state.

Old 11-30-2013, 01:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by newhart View Post
Except that River Hill is the LEAST affordable area in Howard County and is one of the least affordable in the entire state.
Well, they're not the least affordable, it's just that not too many houses are for sale in that cluster at the moment. And if River Hill is too out of the question I also suggest Howard High School in Columbia. I went there for my 9th grade year. It's quite nice there too.

Old 11-30-2013, 04:11 PM

1,410 posts, read 1,881,847 times
From my understanding, though rarely mentioned, the schools in northern Baltimore Co. tend to be among some of the best in the state.

Old 12-01-2013, 02:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by santafe400 View Post
From my understanding, though rarely mentioned, the schools in northern Baltimore Co. tend to be among some of the best in the state.

Oh yeah, true. Like Dulaney High School.

Old 12-02-2013, 12:32 PM

631 posts, read 1,042,337 times
The Eastern Shore has good school districts as well. Worcester County is pretty nice as well as Talbot County. Even some schools in Wicomico County are decent

Old 12-09-2013, 01:56 PM

7 posts, read 7,807 times
This site provides another perspective

School District Ranking | Education Rankings by State | Education Statistics | Compare School Districts

Old 12-16-2013, 08:36 AM

518 posts, read 669,229 times
What about the private schools in b more? Any opinions there?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland