Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-10-2011, 06:15 AM

77 posts, read 294,010 times

Advertisements

I guess I don't mind finding an apartment in a higher price bracket, but it is kind of hard to swallow that many of these complexes or other apartments don't include heat or electric in the rent. This wouldn't be as much of a problem if I knew what the average bill cost was for each utility and what the actual utilities are. Here in Buffalo we have had $300+ Natural Gas Bills on average for the winter months and around $30 a month for Electric. What is it like in Hagerstown, or Maryland in general? I mean we can afford a $700+ apartment if the utility bills are lower than what we're currently paying in Buffalo.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-10-2011, 05:20 PM

461 posts, read 1,283,317 times
Well, I have a 4bd 2.5ba house and my gas is like $150 in the winter for heat, $20-$30 in the summer months and my electric is about $120 each month. Frederick and Hagerstown both have Allegheny Power.

Old 08-26-2013, 12:48 PM

1 posts, read 610 times
One thing that a lot of people don't know is that electric rates within the 1947 boundaries of the City of Hagerstown are 75% of those outside the city. This is due to an agreement made years ago with Potomac Edison. We moved here in 1985 from Northern New York; rented for 5 years, and then bought a house in the same neighborhood. Both of my children graduated from North Hagerstown High School and are doing well. Two grandkids attended St. Mary's Catholic School, and are now at Goretti, my granddaughter is doing well in a public elementary school.
Move here with a positive attitude, get involved in church and schools, or whatever; and you will like it. Come in, looking for bad things, and you'll find them. We plan on retiring here, and have no qualms about it at all.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland