Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-03-2008, 11:13 AM

21 posts, read 108,545 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by burnt View Post
Anyone have any tips on decent BBQ in Maryland? I'm partially from Kansas City, the kingpin of BBQ, and partially from Texas, which is also among the best, and I'm dying for a rack of spicy beef ribs or some tasty and spicy brisket. I don't eat pork or shellfish, so sorry, I'm not interested in where the good pork ribs or BBQ shrimp is.
Burnt, take my suggestion with a grain of salt, since I'm born and bred Maryland and probably wouldn't know great BBQ if it hit me upside the head, but you might try Rub on Light Street in South Baltimore. Here is the City Paper's review of it. I think it's totally delicious.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-04-2008, 12:51 PM

629 posts, read 945,915 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Terrapin2212 View Post
Philip's, a famous Baltimore restaurant, has a place in gaithersburg/Rockville around Shady Grove Hospital. Not sure the exact shopping center but its near Darnestown Road...just Google Philip's and they should have a list of locations. I'm been to their location in Baltimore on the inner harbor and its AMAZING. Even the one in BWI Airport was excellent with their crab omlettes.
The Rockville location has been closed for a while

Old 01-26-2008, 04:04 PM

413 posts, read 909,378 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RidgelyD View Post
Burnt, take my suggestion with a grain of salt, since I'm born and bred Maryland and probably wouldn't know great BBQ if it hit me upside the head, but you might try Rub on Light Street in South Baltimore. Here is the City Paper's review of it. I think it's totally delicious.
Hey, that's right by our friends' home in Locust Point. We'll definitely be trying that. 'ppreciate it.

Old 01-26-2008, 04:39 PM

1,389 posts, read 6,299,350 times
I think Famous daves have good BBQ as well

Old 01-26-2008, 05:50 PM

217 posts, read 751,997 times
I like Texas Ribs and BBQ in Clinton and was pleasantly surprised to find a 5 Guys hamburger joint across the street from them.

I guess someone is investing some money in PGC and bringing something other than MickeyD's and KFC into the area. My hopes for the good got better. If someone would invest in something like the Silver Diner as on Rockville pike to bring some more change. Denny's is boarded up for some reason though they did business 24/7.

Old 01-27-2008, 09:35 AM

413 posts, read 909,378 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lscalder View Post
I think Famous daves have good BBQ as well
See, I've never been particularly impressed by chain BBQ, including Famous Dave's. It's like going to Outback for a nice steak. Oh, you'll get something tender and juicy, but nothing one gets at Outback is ever going to impress a food critic. Actually, Famous Dave's is probably a step below that, more on par with Applebee's or Chili's. I think Red, Hot, and Blue is a semi-decent option when there's no other alternative, but even that's a stretch.

Ah well. I'll be giving a couple of suggestions in this thread a try, including the aforementioned BBQ joint in Baltimore. I really just want to find something that can satiate my taste for BBQ while I finish up a few professional and educational goals here in the capital region, at which point I'll try moving next door to either Stubb's or Gates.

Old 11-09-2008, 09:36 PM

1 posts, read 2,538 times
As far as BBQ goes I would highly reccomend Andy Nelson's in cockeysville Md

They have a website you can check out [url=http://www.andynelsonsbbq.com/]Andy Nelson's Barbecue - Cockeysville, Maryland - Office Catering, Baltimore Barbecue[/url]
Just my 2cents

Old 11-10-2008, 12:01 PM

969 posts, read 2,851,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheasare View Post
Timbuktu in Hanover? Crab cakes were pretty good, but I have only eaten them at Phillips so I don't know how they compare with other seafood places.

C.
TIMBUKTU ROCKS! I live on the Eastern Shore and have many choices for crab cakes - TIMBUKTU is the BEST!
http://www.timbukturestaurant.com/ST

For Chesapeake Bay visitors - Fisherman's Inn and Crab Deck - excellent service - excellent food.
Fisherman's Inn - Fisherman, Inn,Fishermans Inn Restaurant, seafood, prime rib, crab cakes, lobsters, oysters

Sunday Brunch - Annie's Annie's Paramount Steak and Seafood House - Home

Old 11-10-2008, 02:14 PM

1,312 posts, read 4,774,353 times
Sorry, don't know about BBQ in MD, but here are some of my restaurant faves:

Dutch's Daughter in Frederick-very fancy place. They have an excellent Sunday brunch with all sorts of crab items.

Lu and Joe's on Ridge Rd outside Mt Airy and Damascus. Biker bar! Excellent large all you can eat crabs.

Niwana Hana at Wintergreen Plaza in Rockville--for sushi--went there the first time I had it with an Asian friend and I was only non-Asian there! The ultimate best!

Pelican Pete's in Germantown--great seafood, not bad prices. Very casual and fun

That's all I can think of for now...the food is the only thing I miss about MoCo!

Old 11-10-2008, 08:44 PM

743 posts, read 2,242,462 times
Johannson's on Main St Westminster Love the crab soup, well at least use to about 2 yrs ago, haven't had it since but will again in Dec, LOL. Oh for those who are familiar, that is upstairs not downstairs in the Down Under, not good at all unless you want to hang out in a dive for a night.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland