U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-24-2009, 08:11 AM

8 posts, read 24,424 times
Harford County in Havre de Grace - Laurrapin is innovative fresh and fun both the menu and the scene. Check out the art, creative all around. This is a restaurant that can hold it's own anywhere. Cecil County in Perryville - The Grist Mill, the local spot well beyond the usual in what comes out of the kitchen. Suprisingly simple and sophisticated this is food prepared by someone who knows the difference and it shows, a friendly place. Cecil County in Charlestown, The Wellwood, This is America - a menu that can please everyone and a full array of separate venues, from wet bathing suits, to hoodies, to sling-back sandaled sun dresses to jacket and tie, sand and beach umbrellas to historic fireplaces with turn of the century quotes carved over them. Where else would four generations be happy at the same time?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-20-2009, 07:13 PM

40 posts, read 68,642 times
G&M's Seafood in Linthicum
Snyder's in Linthicum

Old 02-21-2009, 08:26 AM

2 posts, read 4,114 times
Timbuktu... SO GOOD!!! the best... meaty and the perfect blend of spices!
only eat seafood from there.... the land food is just ok

Old 02-21-2009, 03:27 PM

243 posts, read 495,836 times
If you want a great steak, check out the Prime Rib in Baltimore. It's a classy old school restaurant that requires all the gentleman to be wearing jackets. It also costs like $50-60 per person (maybe even more) so it's only for special occasions.

Old 02-25-2009, 05:10 PM

88 posts, read 391,069 times
Brasas in Waldorf on 301-WONDERFUL Peruvian!

Old 03-03-2009, 01:25 PM

100 posts, read 248,354 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by spark240 View Post
My favorite Chinese place in Frederick is Hunan Gourmet on West 7th Street. It's in a strip mall and doesn't look like much inside or out, but the food is great. It's an especially great place to go with a vegetarian or mixed veg/non-veg group, because the menu has a LOT of choices for both.

Hunan Gourmet, Proudly Serving Frederick Community Since 1987
Is that the one between the Safeway & the CVS?

I'd love to know if it was good. We live right around the corner.
Thanks!

Edge

Old 03-08-2009, 10:06 AM

10,428 posts, read 27,728,801 times
So Im 2 years late on this 2 year old thread. Just curiously I searched my favorite in this thread and no one mentioned it.

In Crisfield "The Captain's Galley". It's been 10 years since I been there but I remember they bragged that 8 crabs went into every crab cake. They had to be the greatest crab cakes on earth. It was all crab and almost no breading.

They had an outside walk up order window but I think they took that out in 1998 or so to expand the indoor restaurant area. Dumb mistake. I'll be be back !

Old 03-10-2009, 10:41 AM

48 posts, read 99,735 times
For an artery clogging good time try Ann's Foot Long by the Glen Burnie mall.

Old Stein Inn in Edgewater. They have authenic German food and their parents export the beer to them. Reminds me of the food and drink when I lived in Germany.

Old 03-11-2009, 06:07 PM

1,874 posts, read 4,006,911 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by taconis View Post
For an artery clogging good time try Ann's Foot Long by the Glen Burnie mall.

Old Stein Inn in Edgewater. They have authenic German food and their parents export the beer to them. Reminds me of the food and drink when I lived in Germany.
Oh my gosh, I love Annie's.

Old 03-12-2009, 10:19 AM

6,476 posts, read 5,352,578 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertsun41 View Post
So Im 2 years late on this 2 year old thread. Just curiously I searched my favorite in this thread and no one mentioned it.

In Crisfield "The Captain's Galley". It's been 10 years since I been there but I remember they bragged that 8 crabs went into every crab cake. They had to be the greatest crab cakes on earth. It was all crab and almost no breading.

They had an outside walk up order window but I think they took that out in 1998 or so to expand the indoor restaurant area. Dumb mistake. I'll be be back !
I will save you the trip: Welcome to The Captain's Galley Condominiums web site! Deluxe homes on the Chesapeake Bay!

It's condos now. That was the big plan for Crisfield but I'm not sure how it's going - haven't been there in about a year or so.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland