U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-27-2011, 09:25 AM

2 posts, read 8,295 times

Advertisements

Our family is considering relocating to Bulle Rock in Havre de Grace. In looking at the history of the development, it appears that it is a quality project that has suffered, like just about everywhere, from declining property values. With what must be a high cost of maintenance for the HOA we are wondering how it has impacted the existing homeowners. Has there been a significant number of sales from those underwater? Do you hear anything from new homeowners regarding the builders cutting corners to meet the lower prices of resales? Have you seen foreclosures increasing? Are you happy with the services provided by the (developer run at this point?) HOA? Has the developer provided a fair analysis of future costs when the infrastructure, including that amazing club house, need major repairs and/or replacements? Are the un-built areas, where new construction has slowed or stopped, being maintained, or do they become overgrown swamps? What are the primary complaints of original residents? We like what we see in terms of planning, but wonder if the project was just too ambitious for the times? Thanks very much for your help!!
[SIZE=3] [/SIZE]
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-28-2011, 06:56 AM

5 posts, read 14,783 times
We moved in late last summer into new construction. So far, we're very pleased. I don't have answers to all your questions, but here are some comments.

We haven't been around long enough to discern a trend on HOA costs. I do see the board trying hard to keep costs in check by negotiating favorable contract terms with maintenance companies without trading down on the quality of maintenance.

We are very satisfied with the quality of the construction of our new home. Remember that there are several different builders, so experiences will vary. I haven't noticed any significant changes from homes built 3-5 years ago (by my builder).

As for services provided, yes, very happy. Lawn care/landscaping, the clubhouse, snow plowing/shovelling are all first rate.

The unbuillt areas haven't been a concern to me. Primarily, they look like fields. Reasonably well kept, not much in the way of construction debris. I don't recall seeing any homes that were left in a partially completed state. Once started, they seem to be completed. I love all the walkways through the woods and use them daily. In the summer, with the trees full of leaves, you almost forget you are surrounded by houses.

So far, we're very happy with our choice to move to Bulle Rock.

Old 03-28-2011, 02:20 PM

2 posts, read 8,295 times
Default Thanks!

Thank you djpdjp! That's a big help.

Old 09-13-2011, 10:38 AM

2 posts, read 7,506 times
Only 1 replay? I'm concerned when seeing who many people are trying to get out of Bulle Rock. Ok, bad economy and so... but this number seems to be really high. Any more recent information?

Old 09-14-2011, 06:29 AM

Default ???

No idea what the previous reply is referring to. Do you actually have some stats or did I miss reading them in the previous replies?

From what I know, Bulle Rock isn't as built out as initially projected, but given the economic situation, that cannot come as a surprise. My understanding, however, is that BR hasn't been hit as hard as other areas.

I'm unaware of any conditions unique to Bulle Rock as a whole that would be driving folks out. My experience is that it is a well run, beautiful community.

Old 09-18-2011, 09:57 AM

1 posts, read 3,765 times
dJPdJP: do you havce any history related to special assessments by the HOA. Example for snow removal or repairs to the streets, club house or other infrastructure?

Old 09-28-2011, 06:32 AM

2 posts, read 7,506 times
My concern is with more and more people leaving or / and not selling as much units as the builders planned - what about the monthly fees? Heard about 300 Dollars a month, but they might go up then if they don't have the amount of people they planned to have.

Old 09-29-2011, 06:30 AM

The only special assessment I have seen was for snow removal from two winters ago when we had the historic amounts of snow.

As for HOA fees, I believe we have seen projections from the builder where the fee increases would be held to 2-3%/year. The residents are actively involving themselves in reviewing budgets and revising them to eliminate unneeded services. So far, that has worked well.

Old 10-21-2011, 02:29 PM

1,355 posts, read 782,417 times
FYI Stromecek,

I visited the clubhouse at Bulle Rock about 4 weeks ago and I seem to recall the HOA fee was quoted as $384 a month and is mandatory but it covers all of the snow removal and landscaping. However, if you have children or a dog/s, please know that you cannot put up any type of fencing around your property because it wolud interfere with grassing cutting. I inquired because we have children and had a dog (who has since died.), but other than that it seems like a nice community.

Old 03-19-2014, 03:34 PM

3 posts, read 1,939 times
We built a home in Bulle Rock (golf course side) last year and we love this community. The HOA is well run and responsive, especially with snow removal for this past really hard winter. Lots of activities, very friendly neighbors, and beautiful, historic surroundings - we recommend Bulle Rock as a desirable place to live based on our own experience.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland