Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-06-2011, 02:53 PM

4,112 posts, read 4,467,672 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~CountryBoy~ View Post
No?

Well, it sure does look run-down to me. Landover, Capitol Heights, NE/SE D.C., and etc comes to mind.
Landover and Capitol Heights are two small places in pg county which are in side the beltway. You forgot to mention about 70% of pg lies outside of the beltway and is farm from run down.

NE/SE DC? Parts may be run down but not nearly all of it. You must have missed all the redevelopment going on in DC for maybe the past 10 years or so.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-06-2011, 04:20 PM

2,366 posts, read 2,634,043 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ~CountryBoy~ View Post
No?

Well, it sure does look run-down to me. Landover, Capitol Heights, NE/SE D.C., and etc comes to mind.
Prince Georges County isn't all Landover and Capitol Heights. You should try driving a distance away from the Beltway.

Old 06-08-2011, 12:50 AM

2,330 posts, read 4,393,735 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hamish Forbes View Post
I am really surprised by this statement. I have lived in Maryland for more than 20 years and in North Carolina for more than 40. Never, even once, have I met anyone in any part of NC who "hates" Maryland. The people in NC have always been kind, friendly, helpful, and polite toward this old Marylander (which I very much appreciate).
Now would those NC Folk that you speak soo kindly of would ever take a pleasant trip to the state of Maryland to spend a few days????????

Old 06-08-2011, 05:20 PM

296 posts, read 637,603 times
i'm from georgia and dont know of anyone who "hates" maryland. why would they? asinine statement. those people i know that travel would not go to maryland. they got to florida, myrtle beach, washington d.c., places that advertise their wares so to speak...don't think i have ever seen a commercial for maryland.

Old 06-08-2011, 06:02 PM

6,959 posts, read 11,235,102 times
I doubt Maryland tourism would run ads as far south as Georgia, there isn't much here that you don't have there, except the national attractions in DC. Our Northern neighbors would be better targets since Maryland has Ocean City, plus the I-95 corridor crowd would be good targets to visit the attractions in Baltimore as a weekend trip. I know Western Maryland targets our own state, more than others, in tourism since it is only a 2-3 hour trip for them to leave the congestion and visit the mountains.

Old 06-08-2011, 06:35 PM

296 posts, read 637,603 times
actually on t.v.(we have that here) theres colorado, alabama, texas, california, new york and i think wyoming commercials advertising what they have to see. of course i asked for info from marylands tourist center and i got nothing. if you dont throw your self out there, you won't be caught.

Old 06-08-2011, 07:20 PM

6,959 posts, read 11,235,102 times
Honestly, you are right. Maryland tourism at the state level isn't so great. I can at least "throw this out there" for you. It isn't the Smokies, but Western Maryland combines nature's beauty with interesting history and historic towns.

Maryland Mountainside | www.mdmountainside.com | Allegany County, Western Maryland

Old 06-10-2011, 07:00 PM

316 posts, read 558,443 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phyxius
Prince George's County isn't all Landover and Capitol Heights. You should try driving a distance away from the beltway.
I already did. I'm on the other side of the Chesapeake Bay close to Delaware.

Old 06-11-2011, 07:45 AM

7,783 posts, read 6,066,511 times
My definition of ghetto is a place where people live that do not know how to spell "Ghetto".

Old 06-11-2011, 08:25 AM

8,020 posts, read 10,595,864 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruzincat View Post
My definition of ghetto is a place where people live that do not know how to spell "Ghetto".
Funny - and true!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland