U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Unread 05-20-2011, 02:25 PM

157 posts, read 217,142 times
Default Movie theaters that serve food and alcohol

Are there any in the area? We are at Ft Meade and I am sure there would be some in DC. The traffic is so hellish there that I prefer to go to Baltimore instead. The ones I am familiar with are similar to a comedy club whereas you have a little table in front of you. They have servers who bring you appetizers and booze. I really want to see The Hangover 2 and consequently work my way up to my very own hangover while viewing it Google is not being my friend in finding this information. Thanks for any help!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Unread 05-20-2011, 02:55 PM

6,372 posts, read 4,887,455 times
Nothing like Cinebarre here. But we do have a couple of good places that might be a good compromise.

Landmark Cinema in Harbor East has some food and a full bar.

The Charles Theater is attached to a great Tapas place called Tapas Teatro. Great cocktails and sangria at TT. I'm not sure if it's fully kosher, but I've never had a problem walking from the tapas place to the theater with my negroni (my fave cocktail there).

Unread 05-20-2011, 03:04 PM

157 posts, read 217,142 times
Cool! Thanks for the info. BTW, I tried y'alls crabs the other night and they were a pain.in.the.butt to eat. An hour later and only 2 itty crabs down, I gave up. They were good though! I think the more I do it the more adept I will become at picking and eating them. Lots of great videos on youtube, thanks for the advice.

Unread 05-20-2011, 03:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bree~ View Post
Cool! Thanks for the info. BTW, I tried y'alls crabs the other night and they were a pain.in.the.butt to eat. An hour later and only 2 itty crabs down, I gave up. They were good though! I think the more I do it the more adept I will become at picking and eating them. Lots of great videos on youtube, thanks for the advice.
OK, good try! That's why the good lord gave us crab cakes.

Unread 05-30-2011, 01:19 PM

153 posts, read 288,015 times
Unfortunately, I found out quickly after moving here that those type of movie theaters dont exist here. I got use to those types of theaters and really dislike not being able to order and be served chicken strips, pizza, ribs, and alcohol while watching a movie, but oh well they are not here for some reason. The one at Harbor East does not serve alcohol and food while you are sitting watching the movie, but they do serve crab cakes at the concession stand(along with the classic movie snacks) and have an bar next to it. DC doesnt have it either to my knowledge but I believe Alexandria VA might have something like that.

Unread 05-30-2011, 02:34 PM

3,035 posts, read 2,596,828 times
Landmark is pretty nice.

I didn't even realize there were movie theaters that actually served you food and drinks during the movie. I feel like that'd be annoying to the other people in the theater. Is it so hard to get what you want beforehand or even run out to get something during the movie if you have to?

Unread 05-30-2011, 03:20 PM

153 posts, read 288,015 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoPhils View Post
Landmark is pretty nice.

I didn't even realize there were movie theaters that actually served you food and drinks during the movie. I feel like that'd be annoying to the other people in the theater. Is it so hard to get what you want beforehand or even run out to get something during the movie if you have to?
Yep, they have at least 3 or 4 that I know of in Houston and I know they exist in many other places as well. Normally people that go to these type of theaters are specifically looking for this type of service, and if not, just go to the traditional theaters instead. The seats are much more spread apart than traditional theaters and they have tables in front and most people that go dont mind the waitors going back and forth during the movie.

Unread 05-31-2011, 06:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by texx View Post
Yep, they have at least 3 or 4 that I know of in Houston and I know they exist in many other places as well. Normally people that go to these type of theaters are specifically looking for this type of service, and if not, just go to the traditional theaters instead. The seats are much more spread apart than traditional theaters and they have tables in front and most people that go dont mind the waitors going back and forth during the movie.
I don't get the appeal of that. I've tried it before in NC. Dinner and a movie is a tried and true recipe for a good night for me, but not together.

Unread 05-31-2011, 06:19 AM

Then again, there aren't a lot of studio pictures these days that are worth giving your full attention, so you might as well chow down on a rack of ribs or a fried basket of something while watching Transformers or some other drivel.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $74,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland
View detailed profiles of: