U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 08-11-2007, 05:03 PM

135 posts, read 474,217 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by familymatters View Post
Finally a Carebear statement I can support! Yes! Townhouses have very little privacy. I don't like hearing my neighbors, how should I say, business? One of the upsides of townhomes is limited lawn upkeep and for busy people that's a major concern.
Yep that is a major concern the lawn upkeep, but most that have the larger yards have landscape crews come in and do it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-12-2007, 10:02 AM

49 posts, read 136,678 times
you got to be kidding right?????? just pay attention to what is going on in Annapolis every year... Cant wait for the love feast that will take place this fall that will be headed up by O'mally... tolerate to criminals... sanctuary state for illegals...one of the highest tax rates in the country.corrupt leadership... Maryland has always been a tax and spend state without much oversite.. now after 40 years of democratic leadership it is getting completely out of control... Dems seem to think they have a blank check in hand after defeating the only responsible leadership we have had for a long time... why is Maryland a cesspool??... because the citizens of Maryland have voted to make it one.... My Family has lived in Md since the 1760's .... its a beautiful state except for the DC/Baltimore corridor..but I cant wait to get the hell out of here..

Old 08-12-2007, 10:50 AM

6 posts, read 17,047 times
over all , Maryland has nothing to offer except of course good education...I agree that school system is good overall.
Its EXTREMELY borrring and has NOTHING for kids . You travel hours to go to a decent place to eat or shop. Theres nothing but trees that cause so much humidity in air thats its hard to beathe in summer . Theres no warm beach around the area. People are over confident. They cant dream of the money other states have but think they have.
No lights on the streets although taxes are sooo high.Nothing for kids.
extreme gas usage becuase of winding and hilly streets . depressive weather at all times. extremely bothersome and depressive in winters when it snows hard and when its very chilly . December is not bad . The only thing you can enjoy is Christmas preparation . its fun .
Overall I,ll never recommend it for anyone unless they have a second home in some fun area or real world out there .
good luck everyone. look for sun and beach not clouds and snow all the year round.

Old 08-12-2007, 11:11 AM

6 posts, read 17,047 times
maryland is not bad... it cant be,, its extremely borrrrrring and weather is not good . Only few days per year are very comfortable .school sysyetem is good.
No lights on darkkkkkkk streets. it gets scary.
Crime is everywhere and Maryland does not make the top ten list.so spare it .
there is nothing here for kids except good education and thats one reason we all stick around but we all need a second place to have fun at .
housing is extremely expensive for NO reason at all. Same borring architect , No markets or fun areas around most areas . too much winter, kids have to get up toooo early not wanting to get out of the bed because of so much cold and actually have to wait for buses in dark. you can see the moon up there at 6 am .its freezing in winter and nothing much to do grocery shopping is another hassle in snow and winter.No elderly people or kids can ever be happy in this kind of environment for long .Its not easy lifestyle.too crowded on streets and less parking. you wait for summer only to get a humid borring summer with no beach around . Ocean city is terrible as compared to ''real'' beaches but people have little choice.
toooo many woods. I find it borring . other people may not ..I respect their opinion .I,m just being honest.

Old 08-12-2007, 01:40 PM

62 posts, read 179,715 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anjum1 View Post
over all , Maryland has nothing to offer except of course good education...I agree that school system is good overall.
Its EXTREMELY borrring and has NOTHING for kids . You travel hours to go to a decent place to eat or shop. Theres nothing but trees that cause so much humidity in air thats its hard to beathe in summer . Theres no warm beach around the area. People are over confident. They cant dream of the money other states have but think they have.
No lights on the streets although taxes are sooo high.Nothing for kids.
extreme gas usage becuase of winding and hilly streets . depressive weather at all times. extremely bothersome and depressive in winters when it snows hard and when its very chilly . December is not bad . The only thing you can enjoy is Christmas preparation . its fun .
Overall I,ll never recommend it for anyone unless they have a second home in some fun area or real world out there .
good luck everyone. look for sun and beach not clouds and snow all the year round.
I'm no fan of Maryland(at least one big part of it)but most of what you posted is inane.

For example, trees have less to do with humidity than large bodies of water like the Bay and the general geographic location of a state; if all the trees disappeared here tomorrow it would still be as humid as hell in summer. Also, one of the saving graces of Maryland that I give it some credit for is at least they do tend to replant a lot of trees.

Secondly, there's hardly "snow all year round", in fact, compared to many other states about as far north as MD it doesn't get that much snow.

Finally, the "extreme gas usage" has nothing to do with "winding and hilly streets" it's from all the traffic congestion and urban sprawl that is prevalent in Maryland. But, I'll also give Maryland credit for having plenty of good places to eat even in a place like Laurel; so, I have no idea where you are coming from with some of these points. You criticize it for all the least reasons to criticize it.

Old 08-13-2007, 12:18 PM

932 posts, read 1,111,374 times
I just want you guys to see this, i took it off of another thread on here

Why so many people hate Miami? - SkyscraperCity

It is what i have been trying to say my whole time coming to city-data! Every city goes through the same thing. Crime and hate happen everwhere!

Old 08-14-2007, 10:26 AM

297 posts, read 849,456 times
lscalder,

It looks like the guy you wrote about finally got caught. He just got arrested. Here's a link to the report on WBAL tv's website:
Pedophile Blogger Arrested Near Child Care - News Story - WBAL Baltimore (http://www.wbaltv.com/news/13885519/detail.html - broken link)

Old 08-14-2007, 11:09 AM

1,389 posts, read 4,423,488 times
Whats the point he was released the next day. I know he have informaiton on his computer that can have him comvicted but why isnot the police going to his home with a search warrant. He knows the police are watching him in public. I have heard of stories when the police have no reason to search folks home but still serve them with a search warrant why not do the same with this guy.

Old 08-14-2007, 11:14 AM

135 posts, read 451,344 times
Default possible answer

Because He"s White And A Graduate Of The Pg County School System

Old 08-14-2007, 12:34 PM

9 posts, read 58,710 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by carebear1970 View Post
or better yet u go to a zoo, spend a boocoo amount of money on looking at animals thru a cage...

The national zoo in DC is free, and you can bring your own food and drink in so you don't have to spend money on that either. Also not many people can get to Asia or places with exotic animals not found in the US, and its nice to be able to see something you otherwise couldn't. I don't suppose there are any panda bears outside your window are there?

I'm a born and raised Marylander, and I work at Johns Hopkins in east Baltimore where I always feel safe. I also grew up on a farm in Anne Arundel County. In fact I still live next to horses and goats, and I enjoy the peace and quiet of rural life just as much as I love the city. There's no reason to trash something because its not your cup of tea.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland