Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-01-2012, 07:18 PM

832 posts, read 1,417,081 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsh56 View Post
Why this ~3-5 yr old thread has been brought up boggles my mind.
I would half hazard a guess and say it's because the relationship thread is beat up by people concerned about online dating, race, education and income. But it was near the top when I first posted. I don't really look at posting dates. I suppose I should.

But in my defense, if new people didn't periodically resurrect old threads, most net forums would probably slowly die off.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-02-2012, 04:11 AM

16,269 posts, read 10,395,161 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrskay662000 View Post
I was bombard in a DC thread, not a Maryland thread. I'd expect to get reamed out here. I got reamed out for using the word "illegal" and saying that MD was a sanctuary state for illegal immigration when compared to Virginia.

Is that more than mildly inflammatory?

I don't think it is, since it's true.

I also went on to acknowledge that this isn't a unique issue. You see this where ever one state's documentary requirements are less restrictive than another state which abuts it. Or where taxes are lower/higher. Compared to Virginia, Maryland's requirements to obtain a driver license, plates etc. (government issued IDs and benefits) are substantially less than Virginia's. And not just state benefits either. Even something like car insurance rates have an effect on migration because one state may mandate full coverage on all vehicles, while another state only requires glass.

And that this has a negative affect on traffic patterns. It also forces an unnatural migration of population because of the dichotomy of two states and overlapping of residents.

DC is unique in that it's between two states, is not just a city and is not a state either.

I do not deal with NC plates in Virginia on 66E in the morning or 66W in the evening. I deal with MD issued plates on paneled vans and work trucks packed with people, driving like someone with a broken leg, causing bottlenecks by not keeping pace for fear of being pulled over. But if I see paneled van, after paneled van, and work truck after work truck, filled with people and NC plates driving 40 MPH on 66W in the morning, I will indeed go there and expect to get reamed out for calling them a sanctuary state. I was raised in Florida (before FL was a swing state and before it was Republican) and spent a good amount of my life in Southern California. I know a low rider when I see it. They cause bottlenecks. It's just a fact of life that unnecessarily makes traffic that much more irritating. Is that too inflammatory?

I didn't even think of cars on blocks or rednecks impeding traffic. I'm not sure about rednecks and how they might drive like crap. I can see how gawking would be an issue when the light is green. But cars on blocks would definitely be a serious bottleneck on 66 that would give me road rage.

Regardless, this isn't a traffic thread.

I have to trust your word that the poster in question frequently makes comments about 7-11.

This is the last time I'm going to defend myself on the race issue on this forum because it's not something that much interests me.

At best, it's a very weak argument to make against me. At worst, it makes the accuser look silly when they know nothing about me other than my use of the word "ghetto" and my willingness to use the word "illegal" as a noun, much the same way "google" is used as a verb.

So wait, let me see if I am understand this post. You are basically saying, in a long long post, that the amount of illegals in Maryland, due to their lax requirments when compared to VA , has resulted in the traffic problems that we all know exist in Northern Virginia? Seriously that is your response? That there are so many vans with MD tags packed with illegals going 40 MPH to avoid being caught that this has had a noticeable effect on traffic patterns and is a major factor in why it takes over an hour to go from Dale City to Springfield? So poor planning and over development isn't the real reason for this traffic right, it's those damn illegals in their old vans! Holy crap I thought I'd read it all on message boards before coming across you. It's not too hard to understand why you are getting into pissing contesty with so many others with views like this.

I am not claiming that illegals are not a real problem in all states. And obviously you work in some sort of capacity of the government that gives you a unique look into this. But sometimes this is not a good thing. Like the racist white cop who forms his views on African Americans based on his experiences because most AAs he comes across are trouble.

I'll close by saying if multiple people say you sound like a racist, well if it quacks like a duck.....

Last edited by DaveinMtAiry; 11-02-2012 at 04:28 AM..

Old 11-02-2012, 04:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Wanderlust View Post
You must consider yourself to be an undesirable, Davy. Is that why you jumped on the reamed out remark?

You're too stupid(or half-wasted)to understand that it had no specific meaning toward a specific group; except for the self-righteous, knee-jerk liberal fools like you, and the other useless people, who have made this state either rich or poor with the middle class suffocating..

I also have other things I need to do besides sit and wait for a reply by the likes of you. That's because this state is expensive, except for the people who get a free ride because they have the ghetto mentality, and have their hands out half their lives. Some don't just need aid, but want to live off the backs of others for years.

I'm not sure how or why you and a few others are able to comment here all day and night...
I don't spend all day here. But you see I have a job with a "computer" that makes it easy to pop in during the day. It's made me pretty good at posting over the years. Obviously you are not in this situation because clearly you are not very good at this.

You attacked me from the beginning and then tried the flame the fire by calling me "Davy". Here's a tip Skippy: if you are going to try to match wits with a guy like me you may want to start by spelling "Davy" correctly. Calling me stupid followed by poor spacing as you call me half-wasted didn't help your cause either. If you follow these tips maybe some day you will graduate beyond the level of idiot and taken a bit more seriously.

Old 11-02-2012, 11:21 AM

206 posts, read 570,574 times
I'm not going to wade though all the garbage posts on this thread.

Simple question, simple answer.

White people make it expensive.

Black people make it ghetto.

Now wasn't that easy and the reality of it?

Too bad I didn't catch this earlier.

I have a life and better things to do but obviously, most of you don't.

Old 11-02-2012, 03:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gggjfg View Post
I'm not going to wade though all the garbage posts on this thread.

Simple question, simple answer.

White people make it expensive.

Black people make it ghetto.

Now wasn't that easy and the reality of it?

Too bad I didn't catch this earlier.

I have a life and better things to do but obviously, most of you don't.
Well all righty then. Hey thanks for stopping by.

Old 11-02-2012, 03:51 PM

72 posts, read 150,925 times
If you people knew how much I hate you;I can't hide it anymore.

If I could get away with doing just a fraction of the things I feel it would be a relief.

Blacks and their apologists... I refuse to toe the line on race any longer.

Old 11-02-2012, 05:57 PM

575 posts, read 554,079 times
Quote:

If I could get away with doing just a fraction of the things I feel it would be a relief.

So you hate black people.....is that what you're saying?

Old 11-02-2012, 07:31 PM

15,427 posts, read 25,795,620 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrskay662000 View Post
Are you a Holocaust survivor or a Jewish person living in Italy? If not, then any implication of race in usage of the word would be in your imagination.
Why call Maryland a ghetto if you didn't mean those things? Clearly, I'm not imagining anything.

Old 11-02-2012, 07:33 PM

15,427 posts, read 25,795,620 times
Quote:
Is the truth now racist?
Using that word the way some do is racist. That's the truth.

Old 11-03-2012, 04:57 AM

Quote:

As if there was any doubt before this has pretty much confirmed it. You are a whack job and I'm sure downright dangerous. I sure would hate to be you, must be horrible to have such rage. I suggest you get help before it's too late and something tragic happens.

Good luck.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland