U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-09-2007, 06:01 PM

62 posts, read 178,265 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by myselfdotcom View Post
regardless where are you living...what make you special for living in the rural area? I live in big city like baltimore or bigger city like NYC, or rural area in KY or NC....crimes happen everwhere
Obviously people are incapable of understanding concepts like degree/severity/crime rates when comparing much smaller places to large metro areas. Anybody that believes it's the same in a small town of say 5000 or less when compared to a large city is deluded or lying.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-09-2007, 06:11 PM

135 posts, read 469,884 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoHometoCallMyOwn View Post
Obviously people are incapable of understanding concepts like degree/severity/crime rates when comparing much smaller places to large metro areas. Anybody that believes it's the same in a small town of say 5000 or less when compared to a large city is deluded or lying.
IF YOU HOW TO FIX THESE PROBLEMS THERE IS A POSITION WITH YOUR NAME ALLLLLLLL OVER IT..U MIGHT HAVE TO FIGHT SHEILA FOR IT..BUT HEY TRY IT OUT..OR BETTER YET..GEORGE IS GETTING OUT OF OFFICE..GO FOR IT

Old 08-09-2007, 06:18 PM

62 posts, read 178,265 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by carebear1970 View Post
IF YOU HOW TO FIX THESE PROBLEMS THERE IS A POSITION WITH YOUR NAME ALLLLLLLL OVER IT..U MIGHT HAVE TO FIGHT SHEILA FOR IT..BUT HEY TRY IT OUT..OR BETTER YET..GEORGE IS GETTING OUT OF OFFICE..GO FOR IT
I definitely don't care about fixing problems in Baltimore. I was actually agreeing that crime rates in towns can't be compared to cities.

Let Baltimore rot.

Old 08-09-2007, 06:20 PM

hahahahah..hahahaha...i agree along w/ dc...and pg county too

Old 08-09-2007, 06:22 PM

913 posts, read 2,073,453 times
Quote:
well everyone is responsible for it...making it contributing to it to eventually lower it...have some faith in it..guess where they move once the whole city dry up...your neck of the hood....
keep running...soon you been in some state like Dakota!
look at NYC..they clean up a lot compared years ago

Old 08-09-2007, 08:50 PM

1,463 posts, read 4,055,858 times
OMG 3 Shootings the sky is falling...WERE ALL GONNA DIE........AGHHHHHHHHHH!!!!

AS if nobody else around the world was murdered today. You ever been to Bogota or Kingston or how about Moscow??? No, maybe Caracus or Tijuana???? Massive crime that will make Baltimroe look like kiddy center. Maybe you should check out the flavela's of Rio where the cops kill people for money. How bought Congo where almost a million people have been slaughtered. Its time to stop scaring people and keep things in perspective. Crime happens but it ain't random like you keep trying to portray...

Old 08-09-2007, 11:06 PM

91 posts, read 333,680 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zippy7fo View Post
OMG 3 Shootings the sky is falling...WERE ALL GONNA DIE........AGHHHHHHHHHH!!!!

AS if nobody else around the world was murdered today. You ever been to Bogota or Kingston or how about Moscow??? No, maybe Caracus or Tijuana???? Massive crime that will make Baltimroe look like kiddy center. Maybe you should check out the flavela's of Rio where the cops kill people for money. How bought Congo where almost a million people have been slaughtered. Its time to stop scaring people and keep things in perspective. Crime happens but it ain't random like you keep trying to portray...
Thanks Zippy!!

I've been wanting to say this and your post just pulled it out of me:

Where's the gumption. The courage. The smashed nosed spirit that America used to be about?

I read these post and so many of us sound like crybabies. Oh the crime. Oh the injustices. Why not do something about it besides complain? I find it pathetic and passive. If you want better communities don't run away, be apart of the healing and fixing. Stop sounding like cowards. This is your community. Your state. Your neighborhood. Your home. Stand up and band together. Stop making excuses and waiting on some politician to make changes. In my humble opinion if you arent apart of the remedy you're part of the problem.

I'm tired of hearing about how bad things are. How about we talk about making things better, or at least focus on what positive things that are taking place. I forgive the women. I do not forgive the men who cry on this forum like babies. Do something. Be apart of the fix. Reach out. Help. Aid. Support. Contribute. Stop crying girly men. Be a man for Godsake. Stop boo hooing and get involved. And don't talk to me about paying taxes. Paying taxes is what we all have to do, getting involved is what we all ought to do. Put up or shut up. You'd think after 9/11 we could get together as men and fix a freaking corner inour neighborhood, you'd think we could ban together and have a little unity. This is pathetic. Stop crying and start helping. We can do this. Or we can whine. Its our choice. This is our Maryland. Somebody get me some fathers and husbands who give a ^%$!!!

Last edited by familymatters; 08-09-2007 at 11:15 PM..

Old 08-10-2007, 12:42 AM

415 posts, read 1,382,384 times
You must be talking about a different Maryland than I know...
The Maryland I know is full of people who don't care, and want everything handed to them by the federal / state / local government. Why take action when you can complain about it and hope someone else fixes it?
That's the Maryland I know!

Old 08-10-2007, 02:56 AM

Do I live in another country?? no i dont. Personally I dont' care what happens over there that is not our business, but since we are the US we have to make all other countrys problems ours. Lets see it's not 5 in the morning lets see how many are dead this morning

Old 08-10-2007, 08:10 AM

913 posts, read 2,073,453 times
Quote:
Do I live in another country?? no i dont. Personally I dont' care what happens over there that is not our business, but since we are the US we have to make all other countrys problems ours. Lets see it's not 5 in the morning lets see how many are dead this morning
Not sure...People with the attitude like that make this country spiral down to **** hole...Where is all the humanity we used to have?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland