Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-22-2011, 07:24 PM

23 posts, read 30,171 times

Advertisements

If you have the opportunity to plan one or two dream vacation trips, where would you love to go? I would love to travel to Western Europe and visit Italy, Portugal, Greece, just to name a few. But, I would like to know if other people out there have a vacation dream.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-22-2011, 09:27 PM

7,007 posts, read 11,301,565 times
I have been to Greece, and it is wonderful. The weather is hot, dry and sunny (provided you go in summer.) We spent time in Athens seeing the Acropolis, the Agora, the older 19th century neighborhoods, and the museums. We then spent a week on 2 different islands in the Eastern Aegean. Very relaxing, nice beaches and water, great seafood. It was wonderful.

I also took a vacation to Sante Fe. Wonderful as well. It is part of the USA, but felt like another country, so unique, vibrant, and, pretty.

As for a "dream vacation?" Hmmmm........I would go back to Greece!

Old 09-23-2011, 02:28 AM

226 posts, read 413,689 times
I can't really say dream vacation, since I just like to travel, and I try to keep a policy of never going to the same place twice when I could try somewhere new.

So far Spain has definitely been my favorite. Amazingly beautiful city, friendly people. The only way I can think of to describe Barcelona would be, imagine taking the urban setting of D.C. maybe Georgetown or Capitol Hill and then laying it over the landcape of San Diego.

Old 09-23-2011, 06:27 AM

211 posts, read 451,293 times
My dream vacation;
Fly into Genoa, IT. Take the train down to SML, stay in the Hotel Continental for 7 nights. From here I would do several day trips to Portofino and Cinque Terre. I would also spend a lot of time at the private beach and do a ton of hiking.

From there I would train it to Siena for 5 nights and do some day trips out to the Tuscan countryside.

From there I would grab the train down to Rome for 5 nights. I would not do any day trips but rather just soak up everything that is Rome. I would for sure toss a coin into the Trevi Fountain.

From there I would grab the train down to Naples and have a private car pick me up and tave me to the Covo dei Saraceni in Positano for 4 nights.

From there I would take the hydrofoil across to Capri and stay there for 4 nights. I would then fly out of Naples to come home completely broke but utterly blissed out.

Old 09-23-2011, 02:32 PM

386 posts, read 655,466 times
an extended vacation at lake gaston, Ocean city MD or camping in western MD. Simple man simple pleasures.

Old 09-23-2011, 04:56 PM

297 posts, read 1,273,391 times
A place I've never been to and would love to go to: Malaysia.
A place I've been to and would love to go back to: Ireland.

Old 09-23-2011, 05:50 PM

27,556 posts, read 28,647,655 times
I have been to Italy - Rome, Florence and Venice. It's the closest thing to a dream vacation I've had.

If you haven't been to Italy, then you haven't lived, is all I have to say. I would do that trip again, stay longer and add some more cities.

Old 09-23-2011, 06:49 PM

16,258 posts, read 43,181,569 times
I've been wanting to see Ethiopia/Eritrea, and combine it with climbing Mt. Kilimanjaro on the Kenya/Tanzania border. Would also like to see Naroibi in that as well.

Regarding Europe. I had a taste of Ireland, and loved it. Would love to spend more time there. I realize this is a common thing of most Ireland descendants, but I'd love to visit the town my ancestors are from, and drink some Guinness in their pubs there.

Last edited by Tiger Beer; 09-23-2011 at 07:06 PM..

Old 09-24-2011, 03:50 AM

461 posts, read 1,283,698 times
Cinque Terre is beautiful. If you go, hike the trail from the first town to the last. It is hugging the cliffs above the Mediterranean the whole way. Just beautiful. Venice is amazing too.

My dream trip is to Australia and New Zealand.

Old 09-24-2011, 07:58 AM

2,713 posts, read 3,023,089 times
I'm into Nature, It would have to be somewhere with mountains, trees, maybe a Ocean View, somewhere I could see the stars and see the galaxy..
I always dreamed of going into some place like the mountains in China, or New Zealand, Or a Remote Pacific Island.
I'm not a fan of "Historic places,"(Like Europe) though I would not mind visiting.

I Just like more of the "untouched Natural places".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland