Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-26-2007, 07:31 PM

3 posts, read 7,904 times

Advertisements

I have just spent the last 7 hours in my house with all the windows and doors shut, the air conditioning and TV on and can still hear the thump,thump, thump, or whatever you want to call it of the car stereo from the house across the street. The same yesterday.

I called the police but they say there is nothing they can do until after 11:00 PM. I would ask the people to stop but the last time I did they scared the heck out of me. These are men that have been drinking all day. Every time I see people at this house they are different people. I think they move in and out on a weekly basis.

I really don't know how much longer I can take this. I remember when the US Government used loud music as a form of torture when they were trying to take I believe it was Noriega or someone like that.

Help!!! Any suggestions? There are kids that have to get up early tomorrow for school and people that need to go to work.

Thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-26-2007, 08:08 PM

1,389 posts, read 6,299,350 times
If have HOA, you can report them to your HOA.

Old 08-26-2007, 09:19 PM

What is HOA?

Old 08-26-2007, 09:22 PM

149 posts, read 668,062 times
^ Home Owners' Association, they handle all the community ordinances (if your community has one).

Old 08-27-2007, 11:23 AM

51 posts, read 385,191 times
I can't believe the police refused to act! If there are others on the street and they are complaining about the same thing, you might want to get together with them and work out something. The HOA idea is really good. Hope you can find some help!

Old 08-27-2007, 02:07 PM

^ I called the cops one time for Noise, and they did nothing, too.

Old 08-27-2007, 03:36 PM

91 posts, read 484,080 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JaBradshaw View Post
^ I called the cops one time for Noise, and they did nothing, too.

I'd avoid calling the police for noise related complaints. Have you tried talking to your neighbors when all is quiet?

How about:

"the other day you were playing some cool music,you've got a serious stereo system.. my only problem is xxxx couldn't get any sleep.."

If they're half decent folks they'll offer to trim the noise-level. If you assume that these folks aren't decent, or even worse, "scary" as you described earlier, you should forego the neighborly chat and start dialing the authorities. I don't suggest doing both! Once you've confronted your neighbors about the noise they'll have a pretty good idea whose been calling the police. Be prepared for a possible keyed car or at least some cold stares.

I'd make up my mind if it was worth it. Handling problems with your neighbors requires a long-range view. Don't invite trouble. This may turn out to be a fleeting issue due to it being summertime.

Old 08-27-2007, 05:04 PM

1,389 posts, read 6,299,350 times
My neighbor 2 doors down would have just because its today party. they would have parties everyday. The neighbors guess are the worst. I was at one point scared to confront them because I didnot want any problems but one day I wrote them a nice decent letter about 2 months ago. To my surprise they change, their parties now are once a month. their kids stop playing in neighbors yard. their kids rarely plays outside. No more loud music playing from their car speakers. The husband have started talking to my husband. I thought they would hate me but I was wrong. I think as long as you approach them is a very respectful manner,they should understand and try to lower the music.

Old 08-28-2007, 06:19 PM

^ The problem is my old neighbors weren't half descent people. they were young guys up all night, making so much noise, I wasn't the only one who called the cops. I got so suspicious I went on that MD Judiciary Case Search and it turned out they had stuff like, DWIs, tons of tickets, suspended licenses, trespassing, etc, etc.

Old 08-29-2007, 05:06 PM

Thank you everyone for your suggestions and help. The noise goes on year round. It is just getting more irritating as I get older. I'm not sure who owns the house but there are different people moving in and out all the time. The times I did try to speak to them they kept indicating they did not understand - they did not speak English.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland