U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-07-2011, 08:39 PM

77 posts, read 67,693 times

Advertisements

uhmm I would have to chose either fair hill, md up near DE/PA because of the horse country and hills or St. Michaels, MD with waterfront property and a nige big ol' boat, jetskis, and a beach. Once I become a multi-millionare, that is
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-08-2011, 11:53 AM

53 posts, read 51,764 times
my family has been farming in mount. airy for over 175 years all my friends and family is in mount. airy we have all lived there all our lives and there is no place i would rather be because mount. airy has alot of farms we are all friendly were far enough from dc and baltimore that we dont have any of there problems

Old 12-08-2011, 12:05 PM

501 posts, read 602,180 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skullman1 View Post
St. Michaels, MD with waterfront property and a nige big ol' boat, jetskis, and a beach.
I have to visit St. Michaels. Have lived in the state for many decades and everyone has mentioned it so many times- there must be something about it that is enticing.

Last edited by MDguy99; 12-08-2011 at 12:31 PM..

Old 12-08-2011, 08:27 PM

16,841 posts, read 16,657,177 times
Years ago when we first moved to MD I wanted to move back up west past Hagerstown, mountains and all and the inner Scots-Irish hillbilly was kicking in.

But I have become SMIBified from living on the Bay in SoMD for so long so if I were to move elsewhere in MD it would be to the Eastern Shore, likely Somerset County around Crisfield.

Old 12-08-2011, 11:16 PM

77 posts, read 67,693 times
st.michaels is really fun cool I have lived/worked there for a long time. I live in the next town over but worked in cute fancy little restaurant. You should visit in the summer there is a lot more to do during that time! 4th of July is popular here as well as the St. Michaels beer and wine festival and oyster festival. It is a fun area- especially if you enjoy the water and going on boats! Plus OC is only a little over an hour away

Old 12-09-2011, 02:02 PM

4,926 posts, read 5,513,291 times
The whole stretch from Easton though St Michaels all the way down to Tilghman Island is pleasant. I'd live there in a heartbeat. Actually was looing at property on Tilghman Island for retiring.

Old 12-15-2011, 07:10 AM

290 posts, read 257,656 times
Either areas of my families: southern maryland (east or west shore doesnt matter) or south western maryland on the VA border. Basically as far away from the 95 corridor as possible. But in truth the wife and I can can as far west in howard county and thats our limit for her job.

Old 12-16-2011, 07:47 AM

7,513 posts, read 14,642,756 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HurricaneDC View Post
Perhaps Central MD, in the DC and Baltimore burbs? The Chesapeake and Atlantic beaches of Eastern MD? Southern MD? The mountainous western areas?

I've grown up in Central MD, mainly MoCo. Now I'm living in PG. I like both counties, although I'd almost prefer living in the farther out portions. I've always wanted to really experience some of the other parts of Maryland... I can imagine that a lot of HoCo, Balt. Co and AA Counties are similar to the DC suburbs, but I know that Southern MD and most of the Eastern Shore are quite rural.
I really do not like suburbs, so if I could live anywhere in Maryland, it would be in Baltimore or on the Eastern Shore.

Old 12-16-2011, 09:42 AM

6,476 posts, read 6,169,037 times
Downtown Cumberland, or maybe in the Wye Island NRMA

Old 12-17-2011, 10:17 PM

3,573 posts, read 3,405,324 times
I'm living on the Eastern Shore now and really like it. Close to the water, beaches and little town activities. Slower pace of life too but there's always something to do.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland