U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-28-2007, 09:17 AM

2 posts, read 12,856 times

Advertisements

My husband just took a job in Lutherville and we are looking to relocate to that area. I am currently looking at the Fallston, Parkton, Sparks area, but would like to find out if there are any other areas that may work for us. I am looking for a 3500+ sq ft home on at the very least an acre of ground, privacy, perfect lot would be an acre yard, with more wooded acreage. I do not want to be out in the middle of no where, but do want privacy. I need to be close enough to civilization to get an internet cable connection. I have two elementary age kids, so schools are important too...

Any information would be greatly appreciated!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-28-2007, 09:34 AM

149 posts, read 538,142 times
^ I'm not sure how much you are willing to spend, but there are some very big houses in really nice neighborhoods in Baltimore City, south of Lutherville. I would try looking up Baltimore neighborhoods like Roland Park, Guilford, Oakenshawe, and some others right around that area. Roland Park ES/MS is the best public school in Baltimore hands down. Other than that you would have to spend money for private school. All the areas you mentioned have great schools as well. Good luck.

Old 08-29-2007, 04:03 AM

222 posts, read 858,158 times
Where you are looking sounds good, but I would check out this site for help too:
Home Search and relocation services at LongandFoster.com

I don't work there or anything, but their "map search" feature is great. You can click on each listing in the areas you like and see if they have enough land. This site also allows you to look through every zip code in the county for homes (and you can filter by acreage). Some of the other sites will not search every zip code at the same time.

I have found the map search helpful when I know the area I want to search, but I am not sure of the names of each smaller town or neighborhood.

Good Luck!

Old 04-23-2016, 07:51 PM

27 posts, read 3,786 times
I am trying to think where you are going to find anything like that in Lutherville. Or in this area. It's there, but not on some large lot.
Or your husband must be making quite a bit of money. You are going to pay over $600,000, or more for what you want. with the land requirement maybe closer to a million.
And good luck finding it.
Rolland Park is nice.
Greenspring Vallley, somewhere along/off of Falls Road, Dulaney Valley, End of Pot Spring Road has a gated community. East Seminary Ave, off of Cowpens, Cuba Road starting to get remote.
And Parkton, and Sparks are going to be remote. you are going to have most likely well water, and oil heat, or a pellet stove. And you will have Satellite for Internet, and TV.
I am really puzzled, where are you going to live with all this wanted privacy, and have amenities?
3500 SQF? I grew up in a house that had 2800 SQF. Four of us. Plenty of space. More than enough.

Old 04-26-2016, 04:04 AM

158 posts, read 35,331 times
The internet connection won't be too much of a issue as I know Parkton has comcast cable internet. I think you will be looking at spending easily over $600-700k for the house of your requirements and lot size. Do you have a price range that you are willing to spend?

Old Yesterday, 07:53 AM

526 posts, read 429,691 times
This thread is 9 years old. I'm sure they've found something by now. Whether it met their requirements of a 3500 sf home with lots of land and privacy but also close to amenities is another story.

Old Today, 08:07 AM

27 posts, read 3,786 times
The Octagon House in Lutherville is for sale.

Yep, I missed the date on the thread.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2013 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $99,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland
View detailed profiles of: