U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-15-2012, 02:01 PM

260 posts, read 321,652 times

Advertisements

Bumping this post to the top for RUDE people like W-74 who are STILL feeling the need to bash me!!! SO OVER IT PEOPLE!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-15-2012, 04:01 PM

1,275 posts, read 794,611 times
If you got over it, then you wouldn't have bump the thread.

Old 04-15-2012, 08:15 PM

Um no, excuse me but the stupid post has suddenly resurfaced again and I'm being bashed all over again. Why shouldn't I re-show this post? I apologized AND asked for the thread to be removed. Apparently my apology isn't worth squat. How unfortunate.

Old 04-15-2012, 08:28 PM

6,084 posts, read 2,288,050 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phyxius View Post
If you got over it, then you wouldn't have bump the thread.
She had to bump the thread. I understand the reason why.

Can't you all please let this go? Barli is a nice lady so please cut her some slack. The piling on is not necessary.

Old 04-15-2012, 08:40 PM

82 posts, read 80,398 times
The funny thing, Barli, is that, from an outsider's point of view, your original post is exactly what enquiring minds want to see... an honest, insightful, and introspective look at a town which isn't quite what the new resident had anticipated it to be.

Thank you for posting it. I wish more people would this city data forum for such purposes. Honest evaluations can only help.

Old 04-15-2012, 09:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zxcvbn View Post
The funny thing, Barli, is that, from an outsider's point of view, your original post is exactly what enquiring minds want to see... an honest, insightful, and introspective look at a town which isn't quite what the new resident had anticipated it to be.

Thank you for posting it. I wish more people would this city data forum for such purposes. Honest evaluations can only help.

Wow. Thank you! That honestly made my day!

Old 04-18-2012, 06:45 AM

52 posts, read 58,097 times
Default Butwonderful things are abundant in MD's Mountains.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barli View Post
I apologize to all those I offended with my post. I should not have titled it as I did...I was venting more then anything. I do not hate Hagerstown, by any means. Maybe I am stuck up and superficial and whatever else you would like to call me. I admit I was wrong. I will own it. I am sorry. Now can the bashing please stop?
The problem is that all the original complaints were about inconsequential things, mostly related to shopping. It was almost as if the town had to grow to accommodate you instead of you growing to love the place you moved to. It would be akin to moving to Salisbury and complaining about the farms. Pretty silly.

But, there is a way to reconcile. Go out and find great things about the area. I know there are at least a dozen state and local parks around you can drive to, it's convenient to skiing, there's a ton of golf, and that most people (except the Baltimoreans and D.C. imports who fight over shoes at the mall, read: http://baltimore.cbslocal.com/2012/02/06/maryland-mall-evacuated-locked-down-after-sneaker-fight/ ) there are polite and wonderful.

Maybe you don't like the same activities that I do, hiking, golfing, skiing, but there's something there you can (or should try to) experience and enjoy. Go out and find great things....and then tell us about them.

Old 04-18-2012, 06:48 AM

52 posts, read 58,097 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barli View Post
Bumping this post to the top for RUDE people like W-74 who are STILL feeling the need to bash me!!! SO OVER IT PEOPLE!!!
Where did I bash you? I hadn't posted in this thread. And anyway, my post was firm, but offering a chance.

Just go find nice things to say about it and post them in another thread.

Old 07-04-2012, 12:22 AM

7 posts, read 6,577 times
Barli,

I have to say that the aggressive responses to your post have done more damage to the reputation of Hagerstown and its residents and/or supporters than anything you said in your initial post. Maryland is on my radar for a possible move with Hagerstown resting close to the top as an option, but as I read the responses to your original post, I am rethinking my assessment. Your post was not atypical of any assessment post on City Data, and I found it to be an informed opinion founded on your personal experience, as an assessment post should be. The aggressive and abusive responses you received were what I found to be atypical -- as well as wholly unacceptable. You should not have felt the need to apologize and you should not have been accosted for simply sharing an opinion.

As for the supporters of Hagerstown who did bash Barli, you may find that your responses will play worse against your reputation and the reputation of the town you support than ANYTHING Barli said.

pxdjr

Last edited by pxdjr; 07-04-2012 at 12:55 AM..

Old 07-04-2012, 05:45 AM

359 posts, read 564,130 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pxdjr View Post
Barli,

I have to say that the aggressive responses to your post have done more damage to the reputation of Hagerstown and its residents and/or supporters than anything you said in your initial post. Maryland is on my radar for a possible move with Hagerstown resting close to the top as an option, but as I read the responses to your original post, I am rethinking my assessment. Your post was not atypical of any assessment post on City Data, and I found it to be an informed opinion founded on your personal experience, as an assessment post should be. The aggressive and abusive responses you received were what I found to be atypical -- as well as wholly unacceptable. You should not have felt the need to apologize and you should not have been accosted for simply sharing an opinion.

As for the supporters of Hagerstown who did bash Barli, you may find that your responses will play worse against your reputation and the reputation of the town you support than ANYTHING Barli said.

pxdjr

Why? I'm pretty sure few if any of them live in Hagerstown?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland