Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-14-2012, 12:08 PM

2 posts, read 3,028 times

Advertisements

We are a family of 5 relocating from south Florida to Harford County Maryland. We have never relocated for a job transfer before so we are very new to this. We are hoping to get some advice on good real estate agents that can work with our schedule as we can only make one trip to Maryland before we are scheduled to move there.
Our desires in a rental home are:
NO townhouses or apartments
Spacious home with at least 3 bedrooms
2 Bathrooms
Yellow Labrador permitted
Fenced back yard
Good elementary school
Home must not be a foreclosure
Garage
Heating/central air
As far away as possible from Section 8/low income housing

Thank you to anyone who can lead us to an agent that can work with our schedule.

Last edited by mommy2hmcepc; 03-14-2012 at 12:18 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-14-2012, 12:26 PM

764 posts, read 1,656,968 times
I would strongly suggest you contact someone at your company. Surely your company has relocated other employees and I would start there to look for a reference. Do you have a "relocation company" that is assisting you with your move? In Maryland, Long & Foster is a regional agency that have agents who specialize in relocation issues.

Old 03-14-2012, 12:43 PM

2 posts, read 3,028 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by carroll4628 View Post
I would strongly suggest you contact someone at your company. Surely your company has relocated other employees and I would start there to look for a reference. Do you have a "relocation company" that is assisting you with your move? In Maryland, Long & Foster is a regional agency that have agents who specialize in relocation issues.
As of now there is no one at the company to assist with home finding.. My husband is the first transfer they are making. The company is paying for all moving expenses, to break our lease, pay for new lease, and pay for a hotel if we don't find something before we are relocated...we would like to avoid the hotel if at all possible.
I will look up Long & Foster and give them a call. Thank you.

Old 03-15-2012, 10:34 PM

53 posts, read 136,106 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mommy2hmcepc View Post
We are a family of 5 relocating from south Florida to Harford County Maryland.

As far away as possible from Section 8/low income housing
They can pretty much go anywhere these days. Funny how you have to pay for your own housing while they could potentially live next to you. It's not only free for them, but YOU get to pay for it.

Oftentimes you just never know. Call the Police if you hear ANY KIND of noise and report them to HUD weekly if you ever encounter them. Often you can get them when they move in people (and they always do) who aren't supposed to be living there.

Outside of Joppa, Joppatowne and Edgewood, Harford County is quite nice. Unfortunately Maryland is full of scumbags and the liberals just love to give them YOUR money to live here. Happy hunting.

Old 03-16-2012, 06:15 AM

1,757 posts, read 5,138,019 times
What price range?

Old 03-26-2012, 11:29 PM

770 posts, read 3,680,626 times
I am not sure if my realtor that I have worked with deals with rentals but they are a great couple that you could possibly at least call and ask them to direct you in the right direction. They have been in this area for a very long time. My Homepage | Bob McWilliams | Champion Realty, Mortgage, & Title I would of gotten to this sooner but I haven't been on city-data in awhile:/ Good luck on your move!!!

Old 03-28-2012, 03:04 PM

16 posts, read 52,159 times
Obviously W-74 has never been in Joppa or Joppatowne. yes a blue collar town but there is NO section 8. Edgewood yes, Joppatowne no.

Old 03-28-2012, 07:34 PM

1,757 posts, read 5,138,019 times
Section 8 can go anywhere that has landlords that accept vouchers.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland
View detailed profiles of: