Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-17-2012, 04:30 AM

7,301 posts, read 13,507,052 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rlrl View Post
i did get a triptik and maps from the AAA. i see the route 1 to 113 to 589 to 50 route which gets you to OC but i also notice a route 90 which comes in further north. i will probably be staying at a Holiday Inn/Comfort Inn type place (I get lodging free from Cars 4 Kids as this is a sponsor) (for example the Holiday Inn which is at 67th street is closer to the route 90 approach)

which is the better approach to OC, route 50 or 90, and if 90 is a good approach, how do i pick up 90 from 589?

i'm already excited. oddstay, i just turned 50. i recently got a new car and got these free hotel nights for donating my old clunker to charity so i am ready to get the **** out of here (NY City) right after labor Day!! i always liked the beach and have to come to like it even more as the last time i was there was right before 9/11/2001
Route 90 bridge.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-20-2012, 02:23 PM

242 posts, read 533,733 times
Quote:
which is the better approach to OC, route 50 or 90, and if 90 is a good approach, how do i pick up 90 from 589?
Rt 589 will intersect with 90.

Old 04-20-2012, 04:08 PM

26,206 posts, read 49,012,208 times
Weather there is fine for 2-3 weeks after Labor Day, seafood is just as good and the main crowds with all the kids have gone back home to leave visitors a much less crowded experience.

IIRC the boardwalk only extends as far north as 27th street and is worth a visit at least once to walk around. There's a large parking area all the way at the south end which is where a lot of the old-school boardwalk type of attractions are located. There used to be a bus running up and down the main drag if you don't want to bother with the car.

Here's an old thread on Ocean City that been in the forum for a few years...but the info is still mostly good.
- Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.
- Thank you and enjoy City-Data.

Old 04-23-2012, 09:10 PM

274 posts, read 678,334 times
Grottos Pizza=YUMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM. Find one, get a pizza, eat it, enjoy (or is that a Rehoboth/Dewey delicacy?). To lounge around during the day and listen to some decent reggae music and have some adult beverages, try Seacrets--near 49th street I believe?...kinda crazy but plenty of good people watching of varying age groups ranging from 20's to 60s-ish, music, drinks, food, and a fun, fun, FUN ambiance! Also, if you're a fan of the best FRICKIN custard you'll ever have in your life and I kid you not, drive about 15 min. north of OC to Bethany Beach and get a DICKIES custard. The richest, most creamiest chocolate/vanilla frozen custard dream come true you could ever imagine. Truly worth the 15 min. drive up the coast. It's so think and creamy and delicious you can chew it. Um...I want a twist cone now. Have fun in OC!

Old 04-24-2012, 09:35 PM

494 posts, read 804,096 times
Quote:
i did get a triptik and maps from the AAA. i see the route 1 to 113 to 589 to 50 route which gets you to OC but i also notice a route 90 which comes in further north. i will probably be staying at a Holiday Inn/Comfort Inn type place (I get lodging free from Cars 4 Kids as this is a sponsor) (for example the Holiday Inn which is at 67th street is closer to the route 90 approach)

i'm already excited. oddstay, i just turned 50. i recently got a new car and got these free hotel nights for donating my old clunker to charity so i am ready to get the **** out of here (NY City) right after labor Day!! i always liked the beach and have to come to like it even more as the last time i was there was right before 9/11/2001
1. Just stay on 113 till you reach 90. No need to go off on 589 which will only slow you down some because of the Ocean Pines traffic etc. When you get to the end of 90 ( thus Ocean City ) you will wanna turn left to get to 67th street.

2. 50 will bring you into Ocean City at the south end where the boardwalk etc is. You would then have to travel back north ( Past 90 ) to get to 67th street.

Personally i would just stay on DE 1 all the way to Ocean City UNLESS you are going on a busy summer weekend. The Lewes/Rehoboth/Dewey areas of DE 1 is basically a bottle neck and thus a very slow go in summer during the afternoon/evening. But anyways DE 1 becomes MD 528 aka Coastal Highway in Ocean City which takes you to 67th street. It is a bit more scenic vs 113 to 90 or 50.

Yes i lived there for a number of years.

Old 04-24-2012, 09:49 PM

494 posts, read 804,096 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eav1221 View Post
Grottos Pizza=YUMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM. Find one, get a pizza, eat it, enjoy (or is that a Rehoboth/Dewey delicacy?). To lounge around during the day and listen to some decent reggae music and have some adult beverages, try Seacrets--near 49th street I believe?...kinda crazy but plenty of good people watching of varying age groups ranging from 20's to 60s-ish, music, drinks, food, and a fun, fun, FUN ambiance! Also, if you're a fan of the best FRICKIN custard you'll ever have in your life and I kid you not, drive about 15 min. north of OC to Bethany Beach and get a DICKIES custard. The richest, most creamiest chocolate/vanilla frozen custard dream come true you could ever imagine. Truly worth the 15 min. drive up the coast. It's so think and creamy and delicious you can chew it. Um...I want a twist cone now. Have fun in OC!
Unsure if Grotto's has made it into Ocean City yet? Maybe it was me but i was never as impressed with it as others. Ofcourse i always hit the one in Dewey after all the bars closed. Seacrets is da bomb. And yes it is on the bayside at 49th street. You have to kinda look for it right off the highway there. Back in the day alot of OC locals went there. Unsure if that is still the case? Still a fun place to go toss back a few. Plenty of night life in OC from the boards to the DE line.

Have fun!

Old 04-25-2012, 05:59 AM

7,301 posts, read 13,507,052 times
The OP is coming from NY so I don't think there's any pizza between Lewes and the Inlet that is going to impress. Seacrets is always a good choice, especially during the day when it's low key.

Old 04-28-2012, 06:28 AM

45,319 posts, read 60,489,441 times
Traffic to Ocean City wasn't bad last night, although there was an accident on the west bound Bay Bridge.

This morning is chilly.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland