Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-22-2006, 07:17 AM

4 posts, read 12,027 times

Advertisements

Hi there!

Am going to be looking at relocating to either

Windsor Mills (North of Ellicott City)
Forest Hill (North of Bel Air)
Owings Mills

(honest did not pick them all to rhyme lol, the realtor chose)

Any helpful hints about the cities themselves?

(and wish I could be in Ellicott, but out of my price range).

Thank you much!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-22-2006, 08:46 AM

262 posts, read 2,019,344 times
Owings Mills is your best bet, though you will face the heaviest traffic there. It is the most desirable address - lots of Ravens players live here - and has everything you need regarding shopping and dining. I would not want to live in Windsor Mill personally, it's closer to Gwynn Oak/Woodlawn (don't let the realtor tell you you're "close to Ellicott City".) Though there are some decent newer neighborhoods. My realtor recommended some places up there and I didn't even give them a look, though admittedly I am working in the DC area and wanted to stick with Howard or Anne Arundel Co.

I have a lot of friends who live there and enjoy it. It seems to be a good bet for people in their 20s and 30s. I take it that since Ellicott is out of your price range, you will probably be going for a large townhome or small SFH in Owings Mills. Most of the townhouse neighborhoods are actually better than the old homes. Let me know what you decide, and best of luck.

Old 09-23-2006, 01:58 PM

4 posts, read 12,027 times
Default Thanks P!

Will be personally checking out condos tomorrow in all the cities - great to hear the inside scoop you provided. And it's funny about new Windsor Mills condo they want to show tomorrow- the developer is giving huge incentives(maybe now we know why lol)..I live in Gaithersburg right now, but have spent almost no time in the cities mentioned, so am like a tourist - did have a friend in Havre De Grace a few years ago - went to look up there recently and altho more affordable, was spooked by some of comments in an earlier thread about impending gang activity, and did notice what looked like some indications of that driving around up there and that the maybe the nieghborhoods are changing in that direction (but maybe just the parts I looked at, not meaning to say the whole city).

and really like Bel Air from what was seen in a few hours, but the traffic seems pretty intense tho and adds more commute time to just about anywhere.

Owings Mills seems like a good location lots of amenities, close to highways, did pick up the feeling there's lot of 20/30 yo's there (am an oldster @ 41 here, hope I could fit in lol!)

Thanks for the advice!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland