Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-09-2014, 03:57 PM

4 posts, read 5,888 times

Advertisements

[FONT="Calibri"]Iam not sure whether I drove to 67miles/hour. I did not see there is the sign for speed limits of 55 at mid-might. There is no any of thing shows about construction signs, no any labels andlights to show whether that is working zoon. The road is very dark. There is no construction lights. But I watch on my GPS for the speed limits. I always follow traffic flow in 20 years of mydriving history. Usually, I often fail to the last one at end of traffic flow if those cars driving too fast. In the first and second photos of speed camera’s ticket photos, there is another car at front left of my car within a very close distance to my car. Or, that car is near front side at left side of my car. However, it might be caused by that my car is closer to camera for it can make photos.How could the speed camera canphoto a car for it’s prints ticket?[/FONT]
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-10-2014, 11:52 AM

658 posts, read 724,227 times
just pay the tickets and take different routes...not worth fighting through MD courts or from your posts, both MD and VA courts.

Old 11-10-2014, 08:42 PM

1 posts, read 1,286 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by arun_junta View Post
Hi,
I got a ticket through speed camera system while passing through I-95 (apparently I was doing 67 in a 55mph work-zone). I'm from mass. There was no workers on that stretch & from reading around the web this whole speed camera is nothing but a scam for the govt to make money by piggy backing with private companies.

My question is can I contest this ticket only through mail - citing that i'm a out of state resident - or do I've to cough up the money?

Thanks for reading my post.
I got four (4) tickets already. I have been a good driver and I did not notice any speed warning signs. Do you think I am ignorant or dull or dumb or careless driver? No, I would say it is just nothing more like a scam that abuses the law or the power of the government because they should have done a better job to make sure drivers see a speed warning sign that say there is a speed camera. I am paying but it is really a shame!

Old 11-11-2014, 09:07 PM

15,431 posts, read 25,811,329 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tunthan View Post
I got four (4) tickets already. I have been a good driver and I did not notice any speed warning signs. Do you think I am ignorant or dull or dumb or careless driver? No, I would say it is just nothing more like a scam that abuses the law or the power of the government because they should have done a better job to make sure drivers see a speed warning sign that say there is a speed camera. I am paying but it is really a shame!
Did you not see the signs that said "Speed Limit" on them? Those were your warning signs.

Old 11-12-2014, 03:49 AM

2,309 posts, read 6,103,251 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dkf747 View Post
Did you not see the signs that said "Speed Limit" on them? Those were your warning signs.
What? You mean they're not going to put up flashing signs or those big orange signs when the speed limit changes? How am I supposed to know when the limit changes? What if the speed limit changes while I'm on the phone to the pet groomer? Or fiddling with my overly complicated entertainment system?

Old 11-12-2014, 01:03 PM

2,573 posts, read 3,503,073 times
Quote:
I got four (4) tickets already. I have been a good driver and I did not notice any speed warning signs.
You should have separated these two sentences a bit. Together they don't look good at all.

Old 11-12-2014, 02:25 PM

15,431 posts, read 25,811,329 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alpha_1976 View Post
You should have separated these two sentences a bit. Together they don't look good at all.
In his defense, he did say "have been" and not "am".

Old 11-23-2014, 08:13 AM

6,319 posts, read 10,344,319 times
Quote:
It is a scam, but there are plenty of signs.

Old 11-24-2014, 10:14 AM

10 posts, read 11,835 times
How is this 2 year old thread still active? I'm pretty sure arun_junta paid his ticket by now.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland