U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-11-2013, 07:22 AM

3 posts, read 5,756 times

Advertisements

My husband and I are looking to purchase a home in the Constant Friendship area in Abingdon, MD. Is this a good area to live in and raise a family. How are the schools in the area and the crime? I'm also trying to get more information on the HOA. I see that the fees are about $50 a month but what does these fees cover? Is the traffic really bad in the morning and how is the area during the summer months? Thank you for any feedback you can provide!
Quick reply to this message

Old 02-11-2013, 09:35 AM

11,090 posts, read 18,613,184 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ninatll View Post
My husband and I are looking to purchase a home in the Constant Friendship area in Abingdon, MD.
You might get better results by posting in the Baltimore sub-forum. I had to look up Abingdon, and it's between Edgewood and Aberdeen. Are you part of the BRAC at Aberdeen Proving Grounds?

BTW, you can traffic reports off Google maps and from WBAL: http://www.wbaltv.com/news/traffic Offhand, it look like there might be a traffic back-up getting out of Constant Friendship Boulevard onto Route 24.

Old 02-11-2013, 10:48 AM

3 posts, read 5,756 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by goldenage1 View Post
You might get better results by posting in the Baltimore sub-forum. I had to look up Abingdon, and it's between Edgewood and Aberdeen. Are you part of the BRAC at Aberdeen Proving Grounds?

BTW, you can traffic reports off Google maps and from WBAL: Baltimore, Maryland Traffic Delays and Maps from TrafficPulse 11 Offhand, it look like there might be a traffic back-up getting out of Constant Friendship Boulevard onto Route 24.
Thank you for your response! No, we're not apart of the BRAC we just like the area of Abingdon when we drove around. I'll definitely check out the website your provided. Thanks for your help

Old 02-11-2013, 07:48 PM

7 posts, read 20,089 times
My husband's parents and sister live in Abingdon and like it very much. It sort of "boomed" 15 years ago with development and is pretty popular. I don't think local traffic is bad, but 95 is pretty much your only main commuting route, so if that gets screwed up, you are in trouble. Traffic through White Marsh or around 695 is bad, so consider that depending on where you need to drive to daily.

Their daughter goes to a private Catholic school. I believe the local elementary school is very good, not so sure about middle and high schools.

Old 11-14-2014, 04:18 PM

1 posts, read 1,104 times
Default Abingdon home

Our community has a few homes for sale. I love living here.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland