Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-11-2013, 02:41 PM

13,368 posts, read 27,011,367 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by EducatedBro82 View Post
But what is your reason to hate Maple Lawn? Not being funny, just curious
I'm sure AeroGuy will answer, but Maple Lawn has the density of a very urban area, and very high prices. The density seems way out of place in Fulton, much of which is still rural with dairy farms. I don't like Maple Lawn either.

AeroGuy mentioned that his lot is 100 yards away from the nearest neighbor. The open space is why people move to the country.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-11-2013, 03:12 PM

23,838 posts, read 23,112,280 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EducatedBro82 View Post
Maple Lawn is a great area. I actually looked at a Townhome there with Bozzuto. However, the price mixed with property taxes will just rape me financially.

But what is your reason to hate Maple Lawn? Not being funny, just curious
I absolutely detest houses that are 10 feet apart. Would never in a million years accept a one car garage detached from my house and separated by 30 square feet of yard and a common sidewalk. Despise mandatory street parking because of a lack of a true driveway causing essentially every neighborhood street to be a one way street. I get nauseated at the thought of sitting on my back deck and literally having a normal conversation with the neighbor 3 houses down with no problem.

Essentially, I hate everything about a master planned community like Maple Lawn. I like space. Lots of space. And no neighbors within earshot. Maple Lawn is for those who like to say they live in a single family home with no yard or privacy to go with it.

Old 04-12-2013, 05:42 PM

631 posts, read 1,395,371 times
That is how most subdivisions are really. Maple Lawn and Emerson in Laurel, Fairwood and Oak Creek in Bowie, and Beechtree in Upper Marlboro.

Somehow they are selling, with the price they want for these homes. from 400K to as much as 600K. With the urban feel in a suburban setting.

Old 04-14-2013, 03:23 PM

1,539 posts, read 2,303,186 times
Thanks for describing these subdivisions. Makes it easy to cross those off my looong list!

Old 03-04-2020, 01:39 PM

7 posts, read 5,673 times
Hi everyone, I know this is an old post but curious if everything that folks have shared about Kings Contrivance/Fulton/Maple Lawn being good neighborhoods still hold true in 2020? My husband and I are planning to move to Maryland this summer and these are our top choices for areas to explore so far. We're looking to rent short term and then eventually purchase our first home ($400-500K budget, ideally has some green space and privacy, small (2-3 bedrooms, single family home, moderate sized backyard) is ok as it will be our starter home).

I'd also love any suggestions for new up-and-coming areas that have popped up since 2013!

Appreciate any help you might be able to provide. We've been living in the Northeast for several years and so we're not very familiar with MD.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland