U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 03-13-2013, 07:22 PM
 
Location: Fort Washington, MD
671 posts, read 1,252,358 times
Reputation: 613

Advertisements

Calvin, so your argument is whether or not you perceive it as inconveniencing others making it worthy of violating a law for? Well, your bias definitely shows. There is a reason why speeding can turn into a felony reckless driving -- a person speeding means they are being a danger to themselves and all around them. Me dying because someone decided to drive 25 over the speed limit and losing control of his vehicle would definitely inconvenience me a little bit. Last time I checked, there is no state or local jurisdiction that makes left lane hogging a felony offense.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 03-14-2013, 07:21 AM
 
87 posts, read 96,372 times
Reputation: 80
Quote:
Originally Posted by molukai View Post
Calvin, so your argument is whether or not you perceive it as inconveniencing others making it worthy of violating a law for? Well, your bias definitely shows. There is a reason why speeding can turn into a felony reckless driving -- a person speeding means they are being a danger to themselves and all around them. Me dying because someone decided to drive 25 over the speed limit and losing control of his vehicle would definitely inconvenience me a little bit. Last time I checked, there is no state or local jurisdiction that makes left lane hogging a felony offense.
C'mon, speeding is relative. If you're doing below 10 mph over you'll be ignored. If you're doing 30 over you may find yourself in jail.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-14-2013, 01:03 PM
 
Location: Mount Airy, Maryland
9,409 posts, read 5,202,941 times
Reputation: 14191
I'm sorry the ticket was dismissed. The comments of the driver as well as AAA tells me they still don't get it. Parking in the passing lane is a very dangerous move. I've seen frustrated drives do very dangerous things to try to get around this roadblock. Drive in Europe or in Montana, those people get it. You pass on the left, then get the Hell over. People like this woman proved they are simply not paying attention.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-14-2013, 02:16 PM
 
87 posts, read 96,372 times
Reputation: 80
We should follow Delaware's example: Raise the fines for left lane squatters so that it makes it worth the troopers' while to ticket them. Del. latest to take aim at left-lane dawdlers
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-14-2013, 02:46 PM
 
1,736 posts, read 1,417,333 times
Reputation: 521
Quote:
Originally Posted by Calvin C View Post
We should follow Delaware's example: Raise the fines for left lane squatters so that it makes it worth the troopers' while to ticket them. Del. latest to take aim at left-lane dawdlers
I agree.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-14-2013, 05:18 PM
 
309 posts, read 569,851 times
Reputation: 192
Quote:
Originally Posted by Calvin C View Post
If you're doing 30 over you may find yourself in jail.
Not in MD. Speed here is not an arrestable offense.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-14-2013, 06:24 PM
 
2,663 posts, read 2,769,813 times
Reputation: 3093
2 MPH below the limit isn't enough to get upset about. That is within the accuracy range of many speedometers. Most of the time on I-270, I-695, & I-495 there is so much traffic that all the lanes are near capacity. I'm not saying that people shouldn't move over when traffic isn't heavy but on most Maryland Interstates all lanes are generally full
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-14-2013, 06:29 PM
 
361 posts, read 605,624 times
Reputation: 508
I'd say take her outside and kill her. What a criminal.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-15-2013, 05:09 AM
 
Location: Mount Airy, Maryland
9,409 posts, read 5,202,941 times
Reputation: 14191
Quote:
Originally Posted by LCSDays View Post
I'd say take her outside and kill her. What a criminal.
Obviously you don't get it either. I travel on highways a lot and I'm telling you parking in the passing lane is not only annoying it's downright dangerous. I've seen angry drivers find a way to get around the offender, then take a sharp left, cutting right in front of them to send a message. One guy couldn't have missed the front bumper by more than a few feet. I've seen other equally dangerous moves, all because some idiot is simply not paying attention.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-15-2013, 08:01 AM
 
168 posts, read 593,701 times
Reputation: 103
Quote:
Originally Posted by Calvin C View Post
We should follow Delaware's example: Raise the fines for left lane squatters so that it makes it worth the troopers' while to ticket them. Del. latest to take aim at left-lane dawdlers

I drive in Delaware all the time(slower lower) and I can tell you first hand that that law is not enforced or known by most of the idiotic drivers around here. It's pathetic that people aren't aware of this rule of the road. I'd rather be a speeder paying attention than driving around slowly and having no clue what you're doing. They should throw the book at this driver to set a standard. God forbid we do that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:


Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

123
Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland
Similar Threads
View detailed profiles of:
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top