Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: As a Marylander, would you support Ben Carson for a GOP Presidential Bid in 2016?
Yes 16 38.10%
No 21 50.00%
I don't know who Ben Carson is 5 11.90%
Voters: 42. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-31-2013, 05:17 PM
rfp

333 posts, read 690,328 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pgtvatitans View Post
It has been said at least three times already, he is not a Republican, he's a Independent.
So you think he will run as an Independent?

This thread is just full of ignorance. It amazes me how brainwashed people are.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-31-2013, 06:49 PM

10,125 posts, read 13,984,588 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rfp View Post
So you think he will run as an Independent?

This thread is just full of ignorance. It amazes me how brainwashed people are.
I don't know. He has been a registered Independent, I can't imagine him changing that, but even if he did, what difference would it make?

Old 03-31-2013, 08:49 PM

7,301 posts, read 13,514,699 times
Quote:
I don't know. He has been a registered Independent, I can't imagine him changing that, but even if he did, what difference would it make?
Hmm no difference at all... Except a 3rd party candidate stands no chance at all to win. He's only sniffing at the rear end of everyone at fox for fun.

Old 03-31-2013, 09:18 PM

7,017 posts, read 11,307,950 times
If Dr. Carson even puts Maryland in play it would mean he has about 40 other states under his belt already. Maryland will only go red in a 1984ish Reagan-Mondale blowout situtation. I don't see that coming anytime soon, the country's electorate is still too divided. A warm body wearing a red or blue tie is going to win at least a few regions of the country.

Old 03-31-2013, 11:26 PM

10,214 posts, read 15,925,047 times
Gay marriage should not be the #1 issue. Do some of you really support gay marriage so fiercely and passionately that you voted for the Democrats because of it, even though they raised almsot every tax there is, banned development in rural areas, took away the death penalty, and now want to take away our 2nd amendment rights and ban assault weapons? And give our state and country away to illegal aliens?

Let me telll you........Ben Carson is better than Obama, O'Malley, Miller, Busch, the Cardins, Mikulski, Ruppersberger, Delaney, Rawlings-Blake, Garagiola, Brown, Hillary, Bloomberg, Zirkin, Valario, Hammen, Victor Ramirez of Dream Act fame, Young, or Kravotil!!!!!!! And by a larrge margin too!

Old 04-01-2013, 10:54 AM

924 posts, read 2,603,917 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Lennox 70 View Post
Gay marriage should not be the #1 issue. Do some of you really support gay marriage so fiercely and passionately that you voted for the Democrats because of it, even though they raised almsot every tax there is, banned development in rural areas, took away the death penalty, and now want to take away our 2nd amendment rights and ban assault weapons? And give our state and country away to illegal aliens?

Its issues like the opposition of gay marraige that make some of us question how someone forms their opinions. I will not support a candidate that gets a majority of his/her views from a Jewish book of fairy tales.

Old 04-01-2013, 11:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tercel95 View Post
Its issues like the opposition of gay marraige that make some of us question how someone forms their opinions. I will not support a candidate that gets a majority of his/her views from a Jewish book of fairy tales.
Then where should they get their views from?

Old 04-01-2013, 12:57 PM

924 posts, read 2,603,917 times
Quote:
Then where should they get their views from?
Their own well-informed opinion based on logic, science, statistics and facts.

Also by that I meant political views, not personal views as in what influences their legislation.

Old 04-01-2013, 12:59 PM

8,357 posts, read 25,239,004 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Lennox 70 View Post

Let me telll you........Ben Carson is better than Obama, O'Malley, Miller, Busch, the Cardins, Mikulski, Ruppersberger, Delaney, Rawlings-Blake, Garagiola, Brown, Hillary, Bloomberg, Zirkin, Valario, Hammen, Victor Ramirez of Dream Act fame, Young, or Kravotil!!!!!!! And by a larrge margin too!
I agree that the issue of marriage between same-sex couples should not be the #1 issue, but it should be an issue. You know, there was a point in time when women, blacks, heck-even poor white males, had little-to-no rights. Even back around the time The Bill of Rights and The Constitution were wrote, only white males who owned property really had any say in...anything. And prior to that, the Puritans had a vice-grip-like hold on everything that was considered moral and right. Not only did they not really dig Catholics and other types of Christians, they definitely would have thought you were a weirdo. Ironic, huh. Much has changed and what, you, I, or anyone else thinks of the matter, so will "gay marriage".

I am not sure of the entire platform O'Malley ran on, but I doubt it had to do with "gay marriage", assault weapons ban (well, maybe), the Dream Act, etc. O'Malley ran a "tough on crime" campaign when he was gunning for Mayorship of Baltimore, and while under his watch, crime in that city was reduced by something like 40%. A big accomplishment. Esquire magazine also named him the Best Mayor in the U.S., or something like that around 2002, Time named him a Top Five mayor, and a few others. I'm sure that had more to do with his future tenure as Governor of Maryland than removing the death penalty.

Old 04-01-2013, 02:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tercel95 View Post
Their own well-informed opinion based on logic, science, statistics and facts.

Also by that I meant political views, not personal views as in what influences their legislation.
But then those things would be under the assumption that we all think the same. That we all have the same logic and the same understanding of science. The problem with that thinking, is that you will still have the same issue that you are stating is the issues with someone that based their views on their religious beliefs. There is nothing that states that it's wrong to form your political views on your beliefs. I honestly believe it's impossible to make a decision about laws without having a sense of morality, which we all get from our religious beliefs, whether you consider those beliefs as a part of an organized religion or your won concocted ideology.

For example, logically if you go to someone in a third world country with a rolex watch on, they are going to likely take it, sell it and live off of the profit. To them, this is a means of survival and necessary action. For you, you may logically consider this to be wrong and demand that this person is punished. How do we determine that stealing is wrong? How does your opinion trump the one that has a different background, different culture and a different understanding of right and wrong?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland